Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on South Carolina dirtpeckers complaining about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,781

My take on South Carolina dirtpeckers complaining about

Apr 19, 2019, 6:42 AM

Clemson having a soft schedule.
1) Last season Clemson beat Texas A& M, usuc, and the KINGS of the SEC(Alabama) and won the title! Not to mention, Notre Dame!!
Ummmmmm, suk on that, coots!!
2) Usuc joined the sec in 1991, folks. That's 28 years!!! They have won their division ONCE,------ ONCE, and that's it
nothing else!! WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED?! "NAUGHT"!!!!
Ummmmmmm, suk on that, coots!!
3) During the 28 years usuc has been in the sec, Clemson, "with the weak schedules" has spanked your butts 18 times, that's 18!!! ALSO WON TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!! They hate that most of all!!
Ummmmmmm, suk on that ,coots!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a myth but if we were playing a “soft” schedule why

Apr 19, 2019, 6:52 AM

do the SEC teams keep losing to us? Why did the chickens get shutout by UVA? Back in the day when they were beating us it was because we played a “soft” schedule and now the coots are losing to us for the same reason????? Furthermore what part of national champions do they not understand? All that talk makes them sound ignorant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s a myth but if we were playing a “soft” schedule why

Apr 19, 2019, 7:05 AM

Nobody talks about how Alabama steamed rolled everyone on their schedule. The starters only played the whole game in 2 games until the sec championship game. But yet Clemson has it easy. Bama was beating teams 51-14 all year long. Ole miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Auburn, were no better than Syracuse, Boston college, duke, NC state, and usc. The only gripe they can have is playing uga in the sec championship and us playing Pitt.

Bunch of SCAR 5-bombs in that group!

Apr 19, 2019, 7:11 AM

Boy the coots had some fun with that 5-bomb business...chickens coming home to roost now!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s a myth but if we were playing a “soft” schedule why

Apr 19, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s a myth but if we were playing a “soft” schedule why ]

Bama winning big is "proof" they are great. Clemson winning big is "proof" we have a soft schedule.

Truths! +1

Apr 19, 2019, 7:08 AM

A while back, I put together a 10-year analysis of Clemson vs SEC and SCAR vs ACC. Wish I could find it now, because it would end this conversation.

And I “only” went 10 years because that period included their best 3 year run in history, and it avoided the 0-11 season.

Re: My take on South Carolina dirtpeckers complaining about

Apr 19, 2019, 7:18 AM

Don't they realize that they are a major reason out schedule is so weak? Probably not - they do not have that much reasoning ability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The irony is that the dirtpeckers, during the entire time

Apr 19, 2019, 10:57 AM

they were in the ACC, playing the SAME "soft" schedule as Clemson, could only muster ONE league championship, in the most down year the league likely ever experienced. Clemson won six league titles during this same period, before USuk turned tail and ran after the 1971 season. This was much like their lone division championship in the SEC, the most down year that division ever had, and was followed up by the most lopsided butt whupping in an SEC Championship game ever administered, thanks to Scam Newton and Awbarn. You will often hear the Coots crow about beating Bama in 2010, but you will never hear them talk about that year's SEC Championship game appearance. They like to bring up our Orange Bowl debacle, which was a 37 point loss. The math says their loss to Awbarn was even worse, but hey, facts have never gotten in the way of Coot logic before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting that the "most down years" in the ACC and SECE

Apr 19, 2019, 11:09 AM

are also the only years the Coots accomplished anything. Is the fact that the Coots won what made them "down" years, or were they only able to win trophies BECAUSE they were "down" years? Which is came first, the Coot or the egg?

Not arguing your point...just thought it interesting.

No, at least as far as the ACC in 1969, it was historically

Apr 19, 2019, 11:29 AM

bad. Coots were champs at 7-4, with their bowl game loss to West Virginia. Here were the other teams records:

North Carolina 5-5.
Clemson 4-6
Duke 3-6-1
NC State 3-6-1
Maryland 3-7
Wake Forest 3-7
Virginia 3-7

No teams were ranked in the AP Poll before or after the season. In the words of Bush #41, It's Baad, It's Bad."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic