Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take/grades on Sat night's game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

My take/grades on Sat night's game

Nov 26, 2018, 8:58 AM

First off, to me, this was a great win. It wasn't a perfect win or as comprehensive a beat down as it has been in recent years, but those are rare, even against the chickens.

Second, SC came in with a great offensive game plan and executed it almost to perfection. Given their limitations (no running game), they took their strengths and made the most of them - big time. While our secondary had (up until Sat night)improved since the A&M game, they're still the least strong part of our defense, behind the line and the linebackers. SC found the holes and exploited them really well, using a fast tempo to shake up our assignments and make the opportunities they needed.

Third, our defense, as a whole, was should NOT be graded out as an F. SC was 50% on 3rd downs and 1-3 on 4th downs. We held them to < 100 rushing yards as a team and less than 4 yards per carry. We sacked little Jakey 3 times and hurried him or put him on his back countless times. We stopped them TWICE at 4th and goal and kept them from even scoring field goals down there, so had huge goal line stands. We had one interception, so the entire defense was not an F. The secondary definitely was, or close to it. The linebackers were probably a C+ and the line around a B+ or A-. The problem was the big play in the passing game, and that can't be put on the entire defense.

Last, the offense. There's really nothing more that can be said about that. Amazing. Even with a healthy D-line, there's no way SC was stopping our O on Sat night. No way.

Bottom line - we won. Fifth in a row. 12th win this season - no losses. On our way to the ACC Championship game and, if all goes as expected and it should, the College Football Playoffs for the 4th straight year. I'll gladly take it - warts and all!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take/grades on Sat night's game

Nov 26, 2018, 9:34 AM

I completely agree with your assessment of the defense. Well said!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic