Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My suggested rule change to NCAA for fake cramps...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

My suggested rule change to NCAA for fake cramps...

Sep 30, 2018, 9:19 PM

If we are concerned about player health from a holistic view (not just head and neck injuries) when a player goes down with a cramp or any injury for that matter which stops play (coincidentally when the other team has momentum or is using up tempo offense)...he gets subbed off for the remainder of that series and the following series of whichever side of the ball he plays on (i.e. current series, other team series, offense/defense series).

While he is on the sidelines, he must undergo a full assessment on the sidelines by medical staff and has to be fully cleared to re-enter the game.

If a player goes down and play is stopped to deal with injury with less than 2 minutes to play in the half, he goes out for the remainder of the half and cannot return to play. Cannot be subbed back on.

Fake cramps solved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple fix. Send in a 3rd stringer after a play

Sep 30, 2018, 9:32 PM

once the starter gets on the sideline, have the backup immediately go down before the next play even starts. Loophole achieved!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Midol

Sep 30, 2018, 10:13 PM

Cramps cured.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. If we wants to come back in, he can get off the field.

Sep 30, 2018, 10:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My suggested rule change to NCAA for fake cramps...

Sep 30, 2018, 10:20 PM

That's a little too steep and itd bite you in the butt as well...mayve extend it from 1 play to 3 plays. Doing an entire series and then a whole other series could be excessive.

Re: My suggested rule change to NCAA for fake cramps...

Sep 30, 2018, 11:09 PM

Definitely open to suggestions on this theoretical rule change. What we're trying to achieve (under the guise of player safety) is to cut out drive stalling fake injuries. My thoughts were that it would take that long to get the player full assessed in the medical tent and "signed off" to return. If they can treat him, assess him and sign off by the next series he would normally go in, so be it.

It's hard to stop loopholes and not penalizing players who are legitimately hurt but something needs to be done as it's part of the game now. You can't really throw a flag on but it's infuriating when your team has momentum and some ###### drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic