Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My son's first game this weekend!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,218

My son's first game this weekend!

Sep 26, 2013, 10:29 AM

So I live up in Wilmington, NC....land of basketball, vinegary BBQ :(, and where Carolina means UNC. :)k

I'll be getting back for my only game this year but I'll also be bringing my 3 year old with me for his first game! The wifey is staying at home with our 1 month old (God bless her..she is awesome). He is so pumped. He can't stop asking me about watching the Tigers run down the hill and the cannon. I keep telling him we will watch the Tigers run down the hill and he says "no dad...we run down hill with Tigers" heh heh.

Anyways, it should be pretty awesome. I can't tell you how excited I am. Its weird b/c I kept a journal my last year of school (2001)...mainly due to some relationship and soul searching issues. I found my journal the other day and I went back to read where I was at during those times in college. Questions like "where will I be in 5 years?"..."will I find a girl as good as the relationship that just ended?" ....."will I be living in SC?"...and the list goes on. Its so cool to look back on all of that and just realize how God really stuck it to me and put me in a place where I never thought I'd be. Never in a million years. Its great. Life is good. God is great. Clemson is too deep. Go Tigers! haha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My son's first game this weekend!

Sep 26, 2013, 10:33 AM

take him by the rock and let him touch it either before or after the game. maybe get a pictuure of that. I've got my grandkids doing that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats and Go Tigers! You'll have another lifelong Tiger

Sep 26, 2013, 10:34 AM

you get back home! I've taken my now 14 year old son up several times just me and him and we really enjoy those games. Won't be long and we'll be coming up to see him on game week-ends I hope! Hope you both have a great time!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first game was Wake for Homecoming, too.

Sep 26, 2013, 10:36 AM

My first game was Wake for Homecoming in '94 when I was five years old. Great memories, hope y'all have as much fun as we did.

Sep 26, 2013, 10:41 AM

Awesome...yeah I'm open to some first time Tiger must-do's.

-Picture rubing the rock
-Picture with the Tiger
-Follow the band down the hill prior to game
-See the floats
-Tillman hall
-Go see if my name is still carved in the study desk at library from 13 years ago
-Slide down a grass hill on cardboard

Shush your mouth!!! NC BBQ sauce is the chit.

Sep 26, 2013, 10:46 AM

And +1 for starting the kid out right. I was at my first Clemson game about that age!

Sep 26, 2013, 11:43 AM

Enjoy every moment you can with him. He will be grown and gone before you know it, and these memories you are creating now will be so meaningful to you. Trust me, I know. It seems only yesterday that my 6 year old and I were going to all the Clemson games, talking about who might play and how we would do. He's now 31, lives far away, but we still talk after each game and review stuff. I would trade nothing in the world for the times we spent together involved in his sports adventures and at the Clemson games. Priceless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen !

Sep 26, 2013, 12:38 PM

Enjoy every moment !

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

There is nothing better than walking to a game with your son

Sep 26, 2013, 1:22 PM

on your shoulders. NOTHING! Have fun and savor it.

God will always provide what you need - if you allow Him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save the ticket

Sep 26, 2013, 1:27 PM

And take pictures, you can frame them together and make quite a keepsake!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,218
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic