Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My season prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

My season prediction

Jul 4, 2012, 5:37 PM

Call me crazy, but I see us going 9-3, 6-2 in the ACC. We still get the nod, to play for the ACC Championship. Here is where things get really crazy. I have us playing Miami in the ACCCG. VT streak of ten win seasons comes to a halt, they finish 7-5. UVA is tied with Miami but Miami gets the nod because of the head to head matchup.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My season prediction

Jul 4, 2012, 5:40 PM

If we go 6-2 in conference, it is going to be difficult to get into the ACCCG over FSU. And I might have to call you crazy for Miami haha.

Yeah, I dont know how we lose two games and go

Jul 4, 2012, 6:07 PM

to the final game. What, we beat FSU but lose two others and they do too, or we lose to them and they lose three? Not likely. Only way we lose to FSU and get to th.e final game is that we lose only that one and they lose two. Maybe. Iffy.

That early game is likely the conference season. We'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I dont know how we lose two games and go

Jul 4, 2012, 7:11 PM

We beat FSU and FSU loses one other game - Miami, VT or NCSU would be the most likely other games they could lose.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

6-2 and still having tie breaker might be tough this time.

Jul 4, 2012, 5:41 PM

Let's just win 'em all!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about the Miami thing, but....

Jul 4, 2012, 6:00 PM

I can see us losing to FSU and still winning the Atlantic. I don't think VT, GT or NC State will beat us in Death Valley. I don't think we'll win in Tallahassee, but we certainly can. Our OL is green but so is theirs, and I like our skill players much, much more than theirs. EJ Manuel hasn't shown much honestly, and I thought Trickett looked better in their spring game.

I think we lose to FSU, Auburn and SC, go 9-3 and 7-1 in the ACC and make it back to Charlotte. Obviously, I HOPE I am wrong about losing to both SEC schools, but I just hate our chances in Atlanta and until we stop SC I'm going to keep picking them. We CAN beat SC, honestly SHOULD beat them at home, but I can't pick it just yet.

Re: I don't know about the Miami thing, but....

Jul 4, 2012, 11:52 PM

Another coot prediction!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're right ( you're crazy)

Jul 4, 2012, 5:45 PM

j/k**

But I can't see Miami in the Championship game,or
Va tech going...7-5?

I see us going 11-1. We've recruited too well to not win at

Jul 4, 2012, 5:56 PM

least 10 games. I think the Venables hire improve us to 11-1.

Re: I see us going 11-1. We've recruited too well to not win at

Jul 4, 2012, 11:19 PM

I agree. Maybe a lose to FSU or maybe VT pulls an upset. Don't see losing to the shamecocks again. Just don't see that happening.

I predict we crush everybody***

Jul 4, 2012, 6:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2012, 8:22 PM

Well, at least there is someone who is not predicting 14-0 and a National Championship.Thank you.
I also see 9-3,but 6-2 in the ACC probably won't get you into the conference championship game.Getting into the ACC Championship game with 3 losses would mean ,in all likelyhood, losses to both Auburn and the coots.
Last year I was happy to trade a loss to the coots for the right to play for the title,but not this season.
We cannot lose to the coots 4 straight seasons,especially with this years game being held in the Valley.

Why is everyone so scared this year?

Jul 4, 2012, 9:27 PM

I don't see why peoples predictions for us are so tempered this year.

The key ingredient that we haven't had in the last ten years is a freakin' QB. Not to mention the most innovative Offensive Coordinator in CFB coupled with a for sure upgrade at D Coordinator. I just think we are a factor, period.

I feel we get rid of the letdown games finally this year and shine in the showdowns.

Actually, UNC & Wake are the only games I'm worried about because they will sneak up on us.

It makes a huge difference when you have a real QB that can distribute the football and make the right reads. Tahj is for real and I don't think we've ever really had a QB since Rodney Williams and he was more of a game manager. A real 'toss it around the lot' strong armed QB that can dish the rock? Maybe Steve Fuller?

Seriously, people are comparing this to 2008? Cullen Harper anyone? Love the guy, but he's no where near Tajh. And you haven't even accounted for the fact that Tajh will probably have improved drastically from last year when he was pretty dang good to begin with.

You have a QB - other people have problems. Look at some of the top schools last year outside of LSU/ALA who frankly just do it another way... Stan - Luck, OSU - Weeden, ORE - whoever there QB was is pretty good, Baylor - RGIII. Freakin' Baylor was lights out folks, why? Do you think they had better guys than us in the trenches? Not a chance. Florida as an example anyone? No tebow, questionable QB, still recruit lights out... problems. Texas - top five recruiting every year for probably the last ten years, no QB since McCoy... problems. I guarantee you they had some serious talent along both lines and on the bench waiting to get in...

There is a very strong correlation between QB play and team performance and I think yall are underestimating our probability of coming out on the extreme winning end of that hypothesis...

And if he comes back for 2013 realizing we can make another deep run at putting up a zero on the right side of it... watch out.

Sure, my glasses are orange tinted... but if you have a QB you've always got a good chance. We have the best one we've ever had, period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is everyone so scared this year?

Jul 5, 2012, 1:58 AM

So... your key ingredient to improving on last years 9-3 record is... the QB you had last year who went 9-3. Makes sense...

I think you are right though. Tajh is a very talented QB in a system that allows him to use his arm strength to an advantage. If he is given the time to throw he can be deadly. Getting that time with an young, unproven OL though might be an issue.

Also, the system that was so smooth and high flying at the beginning of last season seemed to have been figured out by teams later in the year. You better hope that Morris was holding some of his bag of tricks in reserve, or the painful end to last season could be a recurring theme all year.

It's going to be tough for UNC to sneak up on us

Jul 5, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Why is everyone so scared this year? ]

09/01 #Auburn 7:00 PM
09/08 Ball St. 12:30 PM
09/15 Furman 3:00 PM
09/22 @Florida St TBA
09/29 @Boston College TBA
10/06 Georgia Tech TBA
10/13 Open Date
10/20 Virginia Tech TBA
10/25 @Wake Forest 7:30 PM
11/03 @Duke TBA
11/10 Maryland TBA
11/17 NC State TBA
11/24 South Carolina TBA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt's prediction fro the fourth year in a row, GT.......***

Jul 4, 2012, 9:38 PM

Jul 4, 2012, 11:49 PM

I'm not going to call you any names. you're a Tiger fan, and not deserving of name calling. But I'm glad your prediction don't have a snow balls chance in h&ll of happening. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I envision us going 11-1, with our only loss to FSU. FSU

Jul 5, 2012, 12:00 AM

goes 12-0 and wins the ACCCG while we cool our heels. Becuase everybody else is playing ho-hum football on the season and slipping up, Clemson becomes one of only 3 remaining programs with 1 loss behind FSU, and we get in based on beating Va.Tech and everyone else well and being competitive with FSU in the one loss.

In the MNC game, having lost the first game we are better motivated to win the re-match because we hate losing more than we love winning. We run away with it.

BCS Final: FSU vs. Clemson, nod to the Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I envision us going 11-1, with our only loss to FSU. FSU

Jul 5, 2012, 2:01 AM

BAhahahahah...

So last years "travesty" of a championship game is going to be repeated this year? Two SEC teams in the MNC is abhorrent, but two ACC teams is ideal. You guys crack me up sometimes.

Re: Yeah, I dont know how we lose two games and go

Jul 5, 2012, 9:01 AM

Easy. Lose to Auburn and SCAR.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic