Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice thread from some friendly Cuse fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,873

Nice thread from some friendly Cuse fans

Sep 29, 2018, 6:15 AM

https://syracusefan.com/threads/for-some-reason-i-can-not-dislike-clemson.134270/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Please supports us by disabling adblock”

Sep 29, 2018, 6:57 AM

lol. No thanks, dog.

Would’ve liked to have read it though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost me at “rivalry”.

Sep 29, 2018, 7:04 AM

Syracuse is just a team we have to play. There is no rivalry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Did they promise to take it easy on us today?

Sep 29, 2018, 7:57 AM

??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sound alright to me

Sep 29, 2018, 8:10 AM

...Even though I was not a fan of adding BC, Syracuse, and Pitt to the ACC for obvious reasons.

I don't know about the student body/alumni base of Syracuse, but the people I've met from update NY have been very friendly/nice/good natured.

I love me some Dino Babers too, guy seems like a great coach and a class act.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Upstate NY"

Sep 29, 2018, 8:11 AM

...sigh, spellcheck.

Re: They sound alright to me

Sep 29, 2018, 8:19 AM [ in reply to They sound alright to me ]

I lived in the Syracuse area for about four years. The people there in general were very friendly to me. People talked very fast though, esp. young women. When I would mention that they would joke and tell me I needed to listen faster. I was actually living there when Syracuse stomped a Tommy West led Clemson team in a bowl game. I lost a bet and had to wear a Syracuse cap at work all day the next day.

Gator Bowl....

Sep 29, 2018, 9:05 AM

Yeah, I was a student and remember it well.

A few days after the 41-0 debacle my roommate and I run into Raymond Priester at the mall. My roommate walked straight up, introduced himself, and said "dude, what the heck happened in the bowl game because ya'll looked terrible". True story, it was hilarious.

The response Priester gave him was enlightening. He said "...most of the team was out partying until 4am, so we were all pretty hung-over during the game". Yes indeed, those were Tommy West years.

My roommate at Clemson was a Biochemistry Major with a

Sep 29, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to They sound alright to me ]

3.99 GPA. He went to grad school at the University of Rochester in New York, and received his Phd in Biochemistry. For the last 25 years he has been a professor at Syracuse University. He loves the place. He is also happy to be able to see Clemson play more often.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Country people all over are mostly all good people.

Sep 29, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to They sound alright to me ]

It's the city dwellers who are the buttwipes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when I went to upstate NY

Sep 29, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to They sound alright to me ]

it was almost like I didn't even leave SC. except for the cold lol. but very friendly people.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice thread from some friendly Cuse fans

Sep 29, 2018, 8:14 AM

LOL:

I was hiking in the desert recently and got bitten by a snake. Lucky for me, the next hiker on the path was a Clemson fan. He sucked the venom from my wound, applied a poultice he fashioned from some bark and cactus sap, then left me with his canteen and some jerky as went to get help.

Class act

Sep 29, 2018, 8:15 AM

This one was good...

"Stevenson said:
I was hiking in the desert recently and got bitten by a snake. Lucky for me, the next hiker on the path was a Clemson fan. He sucked the venom from my wound, applied a poultice he fashioned from some bark and cactus sap, then left me with his canteen and some jerky as went to get help.

Class act"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 8:20 AM

I know that cracked me up. I was going to post and say I was that Clemson fan, but you had to register to post and I didn't want to go through all of that.

The feeling is mutual. I want Dino when Dabo leaves for Bama

Sep 29, 2018, 8:17 AM

Dino, Dabo. Only a vowel and a consonant's difference between the two. Both are "player's coaches". Both can give a hailuva locker room post-win party.

https://www.syracuse.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/09/a09ed76cbc9446/untold-stories-from-syracuse-f.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 8:19 AM

Not only are they gracious, but they can spell really well and use punctuation correctly. Many here would do well to emulate them.

My son (HS senior this year), showed interest in Syracuse

Sep 29, 2018, 8:44 AM

After a short bit of research, I discovered they are a $75 grand per year private school. Holy Shyatt... I ain't spending money like that on any school not named Yale or Harvard.

I work for a company based in upstate NY. Lot's of good people up there. As a colleague of mine said, "we are rednecks with yankee attitudes."

Sep 29, 2018, 8:52 AM

Interesting read and amazed that they all seem to like Clemson so much. Rewarding to hear that our fans have been so friendly to them.

Sep 29, 2018, 11:12 AM

Hahaha! Stevens comment tho.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 11:17 AM

Stevenson. Freaking spell check.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 11:17 AM

Rivalry?!? Surely they jest....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Soft spoken, friendly words don't sway my mind.

Sep 29, 2018, 11:21 AM

There is no negotiating with a tiger.

Rip them to shreds, eat the flesh and spit out their bare bones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,873
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic