Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bluetooth Speaker LDR style thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Bluetooth Speaker LDR style thread

May 26, 2020, 2:36 PM

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the below. The size is great, its waterproof, the sound is awesome as its a JBL, so that is a given.

I have a Bose that will no longer hold charge so I cant take it to the Lake, Pool, Land Cruiser...really anywhere but in the house. So its time to snag one.

Any of you have a better option? Has to be water resistant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love my Soundboks 2, wish I went with the 3 for the better

May 26, 2020, 2:38 PM

bluetooth, but the thing is incredible. Probably too big for what you're looking for and it's not really water resistant persay, but mine has survived rain without an issue at a tournament.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Probably close

May 26, 2020, 2:41 PM

Is the SOUNDBOKS waterproof?

The New SOUNDBOKS is not waterproof, however all internal electrical components are coated to comply with an IP65 rating. The New SOUNDBOKS is also designed to withstand temperatures from 14 to + 104 °F (-10 to +40 °C) and elements such as rain, sand, and the occasional beer spill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say no more, fam.

May 26, 2020, 2:38 PM

UE Boom 2. Hold it underwater like you're trying to drown it, and it'll laugh and continue thumping your eyeballs. I mean, probably. I haven't tried it yet, but it IS waterproof.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're on 3 now!***

May 26, 2020, 2:39 PM

But does it come in purple and orange?

May 26, 2020, 2:41 PM

I haven't checked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure, I had the UE Boom 1 and hated its battery life.

May 26, 2020, 2:42 PM

Definitely the prettiest bluetooth speaker I've owned.

I then upgraded to an Ion Job Rocker, and have now super upgraded to a Soundboks 2.

Looks like you can fully customize your own UE Boom 3***

May 26, 2020, 2:49 PM

I have a megaboom I bought about 4 years ago or so.

May 26, 2020, 5:16 PM

No complaints on battery life. Still works great. My FIL did have trouble with his first one and now has two because they sent him a replacement and told him to keep the other one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Say no more, fam.

May 26, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Say no more, fam. ]

welp, looks like I might be spending dumb amounts of cash on two speakers.

round wont work in two of my applications, but this is cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about a nice marriage of the two

May 26, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Say no more, fam. ]

https://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/wireless-speakers/hyperboom.html

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my vote, too

May 26, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Say no more, fam. ]

and I'm basing that off the UE Boom 1. I assume the 2 and 3 are better, because numbers.

I've heard that UE Boom going side by side w/ a Beats Pill in real-life scenarios (5 dudes in a hotel room, why do you axe?)

The Boom made the Pill sound like something I picked up on a Walgreen's endcap to obscure the box of hemorrhoid wipes I was buying from the 6/10 rich chick behind me

My research keeps leading me to the same one. I have the

Charge 3 and it is GREAT, but I want bigger and louder. Unfortunately, I think this one is $400 which is a little steep but I think I eventually get it this summer. Pool days keep calling for more volume.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is an LDR thread. If you want loud, Soundboks 3.***

May 26, 2020, 2:43 PM

lutz. Greenr didn't even know that existed until you posted

May 26, 2020, 2:44 PM

that. EEs and their $1M condos can afford this I guess.

Friend of mine and I bought them at the same time.

May 26, 2020, 2:46 PM

Unfortunately the Soundboks 2 cannot link multiple together like the Soundboks 3 (similar to like how Ultimate Ears Booms can link) over Bluetooth, but we got a cable splitter to give them the same audio...two of those things will provide clear music and sound across an entire ultimate tournament (~8 fields)

Dude, that is what is killing me too.....freaking $499

May 26, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to My research keeps leading me to the same one. I have the ]

hard to pull the trigger. I have had it in the cart on best buy site probably 10 times now.

I want it to sit on the floor of the old car, under the backseat, so round isn't much help and this will sit flat. I do not want to add anything not original to the car, so adding in a stereo and speakers just isnt on my list of things to do, so this works.

Charge 3 here too

May 26, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to My research keeps leading me to the same one. I have the ]

and it's badass. you could also get 2 of them and then sync them through the JBL app

plus idk if tigermanac's will fit in a golf cart cup holder (best feature of charge 3 imo)

I have the camo charge 3. Do like

May 26, 2020, 5:17 PM

Its like the fbcooch version

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheapest solution would be to

have copped a confederate flagged canvas raft from Wings in Myrtle Beach this past weekend. While out, just swim that thing a little closer to the river bank.

Then you can hear 3 things in stereo:
*Nickelback coming from Pandora on your wife's pre-paid celly
*Police activity over the po po scanner
*Your wife slobbing on a State Trooper's baton.

They're great. Have one I use all the time.

Recently bit on some Bluetooth ear buds too. Was amazed how expensive many are. I picked these, and they're incredible for the money. Odds are my next phone won't have a headphone jack anyway, so decided to go ahead. WOOD recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083P1HY43/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dis be da one i use

May 26, 2020, 2:54 PM

https://www.kicker.com/bullfrog-bf400-outdoor-bluetooth-speaker

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-Bullfrog-Jump-Waterproof-Bluetooth/dp/B01MR0UGFN

works good. hold batt life good. only con is i wish it had a universal charging cable.

I have a JBL Flip and it's awesome..

May 26, 2020, 3:00 PM

Plus you can link em if you have more than one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really want to pull the trigger on this juan

May 26, 2020, 3:22 PM

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/move.html

so that i can sync it with my sonos inside. it seems a little bulky and not quite as ergonomic as the JBL line though, on top of it being $400 when I already have a pretty dope blue tooth speaker

Re: I have the XL, no really I do.....

May 26, 2020, 4:16 PM

https://fugoo.com/

XL Style for the price a great speaker, very good bass for the size.
Omni directional, so we put a cooler behind it at the beach
as to not offend others. Few years old, but at the time 11 hours
at 50% and guaranteed to survive 30 seconds underwater.

Who are you with my favorite brewery as a profile icon?***

May 26, 2020, 4:20 PM

Re: Who are you with my favorite brewery as a profile icon?***

May 26, 2020, 4:33 PM

Sonof works for RBC, wears many hats.

Production Brewer
Head Collaboration Brewer
Does post-sales brew systems tuning for ABS customers
Been involved in the new taproom at the Arboretum since brewing has been slow
And adjunct professor at Wake Tech teaching production brewing.

He loves his work :)

That's pretty awesome, tell him HeII Yes M'am is the best

May 26, 2020, 4:56 PM

beer out there.

Re: Bluetooth Speaker LDR style thread

May 26, 2020, 4:18 PM

I am buying this one. I like the way it looks.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/the-one-ii?source=googleshopping&locale=en-US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwuvQiKzS6QIVhobACh2SyQYuEAQYAyABEgLfo_D_BwE

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic