Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My report from Clemson.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

My report from Clemson.......

Aug 30, 2013, 12:33 PM

The wife and I started the weekend early and got into Clemson late tuesday night. We couldn't help but notice all the new paws on the streets and highways. They looked smaller to me but more seemed better.
The last few days were beautiful. There was no doubt that Clemson was putting on its best face for the nation. The campus looks really green and manicured. The lake.......HIGH. There were employees running around everywhere weeding, mowing, trimming and planting. The town has had more traffic and activity than I've seen this prior to a game in quite some time. The students and the locals really seem fired up about
this one. I've heard quite a few people say this is the best chance that we've had in many a year for that special '81 season. And it all starts Saturday.
I went by practice which has been our tradition to wish the players that we see good luck. It has gotten very difficult to do these days since they shuttle them in and its closed. I did manage to speak to Sammy, Josh Watson and Grady Jarrett. I could not believe how jacked Sammy is this year. What a transformation since the last time I saw him. Our players are always gracious and friendly.
I usually spend a lot of time downtown visiting with friends. The wife likes to do xmas shopping there in August. Alot of my time is spent in my friend's Jimmy's place. Danny dropped by the other night as he usually does until he remembered that he had some appearance that he had to be at in Greenville and quickly hauled a$$.
Stopped in to see Jennings yesterday at Jugheads and Taj came by. The man loves those dogs. I asked him if he would take a pic with the wife and I which he was gracious to do. He was wearing this young and restless t shirt and I asked him if that was describing his mood.....ready to get it on!
Last night we went to the Esso to watch the Carolina game after a long stop at Jimmy's and guess who stopped by for a brew? Mr. Musberger was there in all of his glory to join quite a few people at his favorite place. I don't know if they were filming before I got there for Saturday. The crowd loved having the man partake with them.
We watched all of the Gameday trucks come in on Wednesday and it was amazing watching them set up yesterday. Quite an operation.
Last night, most of the set was up. Its raining here right now and I haven't gone downtown yet to see if they finished or if the "big" bus is there yet.
What was amazing to see was all of the students camped out this week. I lost count on the number of tents but last I checked, the line went around the stadium and down to the mascot statue. Taj told me that the players were really moved by the students and made them even more determined because of the enthusiasm of the student body.
Well,
I've rambled too long. Its a crappy day here, but I've got my orange on and I'm headed to Tiger Town for our traditional Friday pre-game lunch and brews. I might have to sit under the awning today. Please know that this town and campus is as fired up and ready for a game as I've ever seen it......and that's a long time. No matter where I travel or what I do, nothing.......nothing......compares to these times at Clemson. It all started for me a long time ago and it just keeps getting better and better. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing

Aug 30, 2013, 12:38 PM

You are lucky to be able to stay several days.

Go Tigers!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: My report from Clemson.......

Aug 30, 2013, 12:38 PM

Great, great report! If we can keep the rain away, what an amazing day tomorrow plans to be. Plan on arriving back in Tiger Town by around 8:00 to start the festivities...

Aug 30, 2013, 12:40 PM

Talk about a dream vacation...
There's something in those hills

Thanks for the update

Aug 30, 2013, 12:53 PM

Just for the record, I love how your weekend started on Tues!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crappy day at Clemson... never***

Aug 30, 2013, 1:14 PM

A summation of this wonderful post would be

Aug 30, 2013, 1:26 PM

PASSION. Clemson folks are passionate. We love our University, our team and even more importantly our players. I LOVE this team. This is the coolest, hardest working and awesome group we have had in many years. We are so lucky to be enjoying this time.

We are leaving for Clemson late this afternoon. Wish we could make the parade but not this year. Clemson WILL shine all day tomorrow and tomorrow night for the nation to see. Lets enjoy it and give our players all we got even when the momentum inevitably shifts at times during the game. Passion the whole time. GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 30, 2013, 1:26 PM

I was on campus yesterday as well. Watching everyone involved with set up was really cool! I tried to post my pictures but it keeps telling me my file is too large. :(
Nevertheless, it's really electric around town and everyone seems fired up! Life is Good!! :) "Go Tigers"!

Great Summary of the per game activities

Aug 30, 2013, 1:32 PM

You did a nice job with your summary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like your week has been much better than mine!

Aug 30, 2013, 1:52 PM

:)

I'm jealous. Thanks for the update.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 fine sir***

Aug 30, 2013, 1:53 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Thanks! Great report!

Aug 30, 2013, 1:57 PM

Gooooo Tigerssssssssss

Thank you! One more day!***

Aug 30, 2013, 2:06 PM

Aug 30, 2013, 2:10 PM

I'll be there tonight! Ready to rock the Valley!!!!!!!!!

'Preciate the post, 72.....feel free anytime....Go Tigers***

Aug 30, 2013, 2:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI....# 10 is TAJH....lol***

Aug 30, 2013, 4:30 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic