Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Recruiting Prediction

May 12, 2019, 12:07 PM

We will blow away the record for highest average per player but fall short on the total points for best class ever unless we sign 21-22 instead of 20. However, how ridiculous is it that that we could sign the #1 class in 2020 with only 20 guys? IMO this would still be the best class ever when you look at the quantity of blue chip guys and them being at positions of such importance. Dabo and Co are killing it right now!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Prediction

May 12, 2019, 1:17 PM

Absolutely, There is no way they will allow us to have the #1 recruiting class this year or any other year as long as ESECPN has anything to do with college sports. To say that we had the #1 recruiting class, ESECPN and the likes would have to admit that little ole Clemson from the ACC has loaded up with SEC type players, and I truly don't see any SEC homers admitting that, not even behind closed doors with only ESECPN employee's in the room with all sworn to secrecy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we continue to refer to elite talent as "SEC type"...

May 12, 2019, 1:42 PM

They don't have a monopoly on high level talent. All players in the SEC are not great and all conferences other than the SEC have great players. Look at the recent NFL draft.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do we continue to refer to elite talent as "SEC type"...

May 12, 2019, 2:13 PM

The problem is the media and sports channels and sports TV announcers keep this agenda alive, so the high school players follow that narrative. But I wouldn't worry, Clemson will get all those type , national, and regional the best players out there want to play for Dabo at Clemson......

UVa will never be able to compete with SEC schools

May 12, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Prediction ]

without SEC talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That wasn't competing... That was total domination.***

May 13, 2019, 10:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Prediction

May 12, 2019, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting Prediction ]

To h3ll with ESPNs rankings. 247 seems to be much more involved and the amount of recruiting content dwarfs ESPNs. Not sure if rankings are any more accurate and you would think there would be an SEC bias at 247 too, with their affiliation with CBS, but at least they make an effort to put information out. Respect Rivals and 247 much more than ESPN. DJ at 50? Really? Though they all have their bias based on camp attendance, uncommitted vs committed, etc. Click bait.

My recruiting prediction - Chad - is that this 2020 ..,

May 13, 2019, 11:18 PM

..... recruiting class is gonna be .... SSSWWWEEEEETTT !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic