Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rank the post-WWII presidents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 359

Rank the post-WWII presidents

Oct 27, 2015, 2:48 PM

So I thought this might be a fun one for everyone (rather than the usual "my crappy candidate sucks slightly less than your crappy candidate" talk):

Rank the post-WWII presidents. Maybe give a brief reason why (maybe pros and cons). Let's see how folks align with this. I'm still thinking about mine so I won't post yet.

And for those of you who slept through history class, here they are in order from earliest to most recent (omitting Truman since he was still in WWII): Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama.

Go. Have fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Eisenhower. The rest are rubbish.***

Oct 27, 2015, 2:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are all terrible in contrast to the great Caeser!

Oct 27, 2015, 3:00 PM

- Cicero

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Bush 1 was pretty good until he greenlighted

Oct 27, 2015, 3:29 PM

Saddam to invade Kuwait and the attacked Saddam. No way would Saddam have invaded Kuwait without implied permission from the US

Re: Rank the post-WWII presidents

Oct 27, 2015, 6:43 PM

Just doing this quickly...

Reagan
Bush 1
Kennedy
Bush 2
Ike
Nixon
Clinton
Ford
Obama
Carter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My rankings

Oct 28, 2015, 9:02 AM

1. Kennedy - He handled near nuclear war disaster better than most would, and he came close to eliminating a lot of the secret/sinister/military industrial complex stuff that thrives today.

2. Ike - Man warned us of a lot of problems to come that we didn't listen to.

3. Reagan - Pulled us out of some dark times, expedited the end of the Cold War, but his spending was atrocious. Right wingers pretend he was their champion but they don't really stand for what he did.

4. Clinton - Years ago, I would have ranked him much, much lower, but after seeing the last two buffoons we've had, I realize he wasn't as horrific as we thought. Still wasn't great and left a legacy of corruption.

5. LBJ - Pros: Civil Rights era. Cons: Vietnam

6. Ford - Meh.

7. Obama - Not the demon the right pretends he is, but not the saint the liberals think, either. Kept bad Bush policies rolling. Meant well with a lot of initiatives but terrible execution. Foreign policy hasn't been great when dealing with enemies and potential enemies.

8. Bush I - Thankfully only one term.

9. Carter - Probably a good dude, but couldn't handle being president.

10. Nixon - One of the finest collections of a pure corrupt administration.

11. Bush II - We're still reeling from his admin's terrible policies, and we will likely see the damage caused by it for years to come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I concur!! My rankings exactly..***

Oct 28, 2015, 11:28 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 359
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic