Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Clemson Basketball releases 2016-17 ACC Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Clemson Basketball releases 2016-17 ACC Schedule

Sep 12, 2016, 3:10 PM

Clemson Basketball releases 2016-17 ACC Schedule

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predict 17-13 with NIT invite

Sep 12, 2016, 3:16 PM

Re: I predict 17-13 with NIT invite

Sep 12, 2016, 3:18 PM

Brad will not be back if that happens...

We can only hope

Sep 12, 2016, 3:19 PM

Re: We can only hope

Sep 12, 2016, 3:45 PM

what a dweeb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ive got you and your bigot friend to give up

Sep 12, 2016, 4:03 PM

Your lame shticks.... Winning. Youre welcome Tigernet.

Re: We can only hope

Sep 12, 2016, 3:46 PM [ in reply to We can only hope ]

hey, you got to complain about football and basketball in the same day. must have made you moist.

Absolutely no way we don't make the NCAA tournament with

Sep 12, 2016, 3:54 PM [ in reply to I predict 17-13 with NIT invite ]

that schedule and the team we have coming back. We should expect at least one win in the tournament 7 years into it after such a long absence.

The question is, do we start slow like last year while we wait on our big man to become eligible and play our way out of it by the end of December.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do know brownell is still our coach

Sep 12, 2016, 4:04 PM

Right?

You are a Clemson fan

Sep 12, 2016, 9:55 PM

Right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You are a Clemson fan

Sep 12, 2016, 10:00 PM

He can't be.

Tough start to the ACC schedule, but nice ending with 3 at home. Hopefully we can win all 3 of those.

Looking at our schedule as a whole, there's no way SOS will hold us back at all. Good on Brownell and Radakovich for putting together a challenging slate and addressing issues we've had each of the last 3 seasons when SOS really hurt us.

Its tough to guarantee anything considering our results

Sep 13, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Absolutely no way we don't make the NCAA tournament with ]

with Brownell. I would like to think this team could reach 21-22 regular season wins but we haven't had any consistency at any point during Bronwell's tenure. We have made the postseason only twice and the NCAAT came with OPs guys and we just barely snuck in (thanks to expansion).

We have a solid group of guys coming back but its still a slightly above average bball squad.

We have to take care of business early on and go 10-2 OOC. Im optimistic and fandom tells me we'll go 21-9, 11-7....I see us falling somewhere are 18-21 wins and sneaking into the NCAAT. If we cant at least make the tourney this year then its time to move on.

Re: I predict 17-13 with NIT invite

Sep 13, 2016, 12:53 AM [ in reply to I predict 17-13 with NIT invite ]

One of the keys to a successful season is Grantham. He will need to improve rebounding stats and bring an offensive game with better shooting from the floor and that gets him to the FT line more often than 1.6 times per game last season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

No loss at Chapel Hill this year: CHECK***

Sep 12, 2016, 3:17 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: BKB Update: Clemson Basketball releases 2016-17 ACC Schedule

Sep 12, 2016, 3:20 PM

Imma says over 20 wins, semis in ACC tourney and #5 seed in the NCAA Tourney

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this in response to our football team missing too many

Sep 12, 2016, 3:20 PM

layups?

And the York persona

Sep 12, 2016, 3:36 PM

keeps coming out more and more.....

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: is this in response to our football team missing too many

Sep 12, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to is this in response to our football team missing too many ]

Much of the time you just annoy me. However, this time you made me laugh out loud. +1.

Quick Schedule Analysis

Sep 12, 2016, 3:42 PM

Don't like that 3 of the first 4 ACC games are on the road. However, the last 3 ACC games are at home. Clemson plays the top 6 teams from last season's ACC standings only once. Clemson plays 3 of the bottom 5 teams from last season's standings twice. Brownell can't complain about the schedule if doesn't at least make the NIT. My prediction is also 17-13 and the NIT. 7-11 in the ACC.

This schedule is front-loaded....

Sep 12, 2016, 3:55 PM

By far the two toughest home games and there are four road games in the first six games. If we can come out of that stretch at 3-3 or 4-2, then we will enter into a much more manageable part of the schedule. The closing in particular will give us an opportunity to end the conference season on a win streak.
Those who are predicting that we'll have a losing conference record might need to remember that we somehow won 10 conference games this past season.
I think we might could hit 10 again, and with a better non-conference showing, we'll be in very good shape.
But if there was ever a sport where you really have to wait until the end of the season to truly evaluate it, it's college basketball. I'm hopeful that we can get to the NCAA tournament this year. With a star like Blossomgame and the other guys coming along, we have an opportunity. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Sep 12, 2016, 8:35 PM

I'm interested to see how the beginning and end of the season goes. Every year under Brownell the slow starts and slow finishes kill us. With the depth at guard better than ever before under BB the we got tired at the end of the season talk is not gonna fly.

If he doesn't make the NCAA tournament there has to be a change. To me when JB decided to come back these expectations were set.

Sep 12, 2016, 8:44 PM

Looking forward to a great year for Tiger basketball . NCAA here we come . ??????

My prediction is 22-8 (12-6) and an NCAA bid.

Sep 12, 2016, 10:00 PM

We have too much returning talent and a nice mix of veterans and young players. I do think Brad is a good coach, and this year he will show it now that he has more overall talent and depth. We must keep in mind that our talent level still probably isn't in the top half of the ACC, but certainly improving based on our current team and the recruits we are in the mix for.

I see us finishing in the top 5 of the ACC and winning at least 1 in the NCAA Tournament. This will be a fun year, and one which will provide a great stepping stone to hopefully continue the momentum moving forward.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think its a "fair and balanced" schedule

Sep 13, 2016, 8:59 AM

Good out of Conference Schedule

I predict a 14-4 ACC record

NCAA invite is a slam dunk !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic