Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Of the thousands that read and poast on TNET
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Of the thousands that read and poast on TNET

Jul 1, 2020, 10:10 PM

Have any of you had COVID-19? I’m not talking about someone in your family or a friend. Any of you personally had it? Just curious.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of the thousands that read and poast on TNET

Jul 1, 2020, 10:21 PM

No. You may get a lot of affirmatives from the democrats.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:45 PM

Or ahole answers from people who give conspiracy and hateful replies...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:23 PM

No, and haven't personally known anybody that has had it.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:30 PM

Same here. Knock on wood

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, just a few "friends of friends"***

Jul 1, 2020, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Of the thousands that read and poast on TNET ]

Jul 1, 2020, 10:26 PM

not that I know of

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:29 PM

I work with Several plants that have 1000 plus employees, and many other business throughout S.C and N.C . Go to the Gym, Get together every other week with a group of 30 to 35 either at a house or sports bar etc.i have yet to see anyone with the virus.
Not saying it is not out there, it is and I hope no one gets it. However I fully believe the media numbers are skewed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. And no friends, family, or friends of friends either.***

Jul 1, 2020, 10:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 1, 2020, 10:53 PM

Woman at work just exposed my wife. We get the 72 hour results tomorrow on whether she has it/ the rest of us may have it tomorrow. I’ll report back.

It’s closer than you think. Symptoms, hospitalization or not. Greenville is saturated. I’ve been home for four months and our facility has had 8 cases amongst 400 people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:57 PM

Praying for you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you and yours!***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Of the thousands that read and poast on TNET ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Praying for you and your family.***

Jul 2, 2020, 6:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Of the thousands that read and poast on TNET ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I haven't had it. I have had three friends test positive.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:56 PM

Two had mild symptoms, and were okay in a day or two. One struggled. She's younger with no underlying conditions. Never went to the hospital. A friends sister died a day ago with it.
A coworker's mom is currently in a coma with covid.

I do believe the numbers are skewed but I've been told by a friend who is a nurse that she has seen some older people seriously suffer. I just don't want to take the chance of finding out how bad it can get.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't had it. I have had three friends test positive.

Jul 1, 2020, 11:02 PM

Everybody is entitled to their take on things, but actual people are being affected by this thing beyond the less than alarming statistics.

Be well MyFavO. Tell E- man “what’s up” for me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:59 PM

I know 3 people who've contracted it , all other tugboat workers .
One guy went in ICU and nearly died . He spent 3 weeks in there , but thankfully recovered .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 1, 2020, 11:05 PM

Sorry to hear that. Any correlation to one area or another TD based o where you have been?

Stay safe TD. Thanks for what you do.

Jul 2, 2020, 1:43 AM

Captain that was in the ICU is from town of Washington in eastern NC , not sure where the other two are from exactly other than home states of Virginia and Florida .

DB23

I personally know a few who had it. It’s real and it’s nasty.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:04 AM

Please don’t think this is just made up drama just because you haven’t witnessed a loved one or friend go through it.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

No ******

Jul 2, 2020, 1:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jul 2, 2020, 3:42 AM

To answer your main question, no. But I've had a few friends and relatives that HAVE. Your main qualifier makes for a small sample...

And from what my friends and family have experienced, it's very real, and while none died, it's more life changing than "the flu" with all the lingering side effects.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a single one.

Jul 2, 2020, 6:34 AM

This is actually a great question that many should ask themselves.

My opinion doesn't mean much, but

Jul 2, 2020, 6:45 AM

its just a very serious strain of the cold. Most everybody will be exposed before it is over. If you have ever had the cold, there is a good chance you will test positive and they will put yu in the "Asymptomatic" category. Get exposed.....get well or die!! NOW SPOT THE BALL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 2, 2020, 6:47 AM

Have not had it nor do I know anyone personally that has had Covid-19. I'm 63 and live just north of Clearwater, FL.

Jul 2, 2020, 7:00 AM

My wife nor I have either contracted it. We have not changed our life styles very much at all except how this virus has impacted the way we have been forced to change. I travel for work and have continued to fly to various parts of the country for work. Was recently in the high dessert in California at a power plant. I do know literally hundreds of people that have had it or been exposed or got it and were asymptomatic. I've only known a couple that have had any bad issues with it.

The bottom line is the numbers we get spoon fed don't mean crap. The number of people that contracted it and numbers of deaths aren't worth the breath it takes to utter them. The ONLY number that matters is the number hospitalized. My daughter is an ER doctor in Smithfield, NC and through all of this fiasco they have almost had to lay off doctors and PAs because there numbers were down so much. Now, after the last surge, the hospital is full, not all Rona patients but there are a lot of them.

Luckily, not a single One..

Jul 2, 2020, 7:56 AM

Sick, in ER or has Died.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic