Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I realize that The Chad's offense hasn't beaten
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I realize that The Chad's offense hasn't beaten

Dec 12, 2012, 8:52 AM

many great teams, but my goodness, have people completely forgotten what Clemson looked like trying to move the ball before Chad arrived on campus? That offense wasn't doing anything against anybody, not even Boston College. There are other coaches who run the spread offense. And yes, I imagine any one of them would love to coach the weapons we have. But there are some who need to lay off on belittling CM's contributions to Tiger football. I for one haven't forgotten just how far we've come in the last two years. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

We were in the ACC Championship game the year before he came

Dec 12, 2012, 8:55 AM

As I remember, both games against GT were barn burners

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 years***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were in the title game TWO seasons before his arrival.

Dec 12, 2012, 8:58 AM [ in reply to We were in the ACC Championship game the year before he came ]

And it was close because we had CJ Spiller in the backfield, who made our offense look a lot more dynamic than it actually was. (He had 4 rushing TDs, as our passing game was kept in check.)

The year before he showed up, we went 6-7.

Message was edited by: dgwilli911®

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

Yes. I corrected it above...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:00 AM

Glad to know we couldn't move the ball before he got here

Never said that.

Dec 12, 2012, 9:09 AM

Was simply saying that our previous offense didn't offer enough dynamic potential. Chad Morris brought that here.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to attribute statements to me that I haven't made.

Not attributing anything to you...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:15 AM

I saw a "but CJ" in your post.

Seems like Napier won some games with talent. Beat #10 Miami on the road.

Would you agree that Morris has much more all around talent on offense than Napier had?

imagine if sammy was here for napier to use; napier had no

Dec 12, 2012, 9:05 AM [ in reply to We were in the title game TWO seasons before his arrival. ]

experienced downfield threats to work with in that 6-7 offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is it the players or the coaches?

Dec 12, 2012, 9:10 AM

Seems that Napier won some games with talent.

i used to be a hell of a player

Dec 12, 2012, 9:13 AM

but i don't think morris is winning many games with me starting now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First GT game, Parker had 261 yards passing...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:21 AM [ in reply to We were in the title game TWO seasons before his arrival. ]

Those aren't the gaudy numbers Boyd is putting up, but as I remember, Parker almost singlehandedly won that game for us in the second half before the phantom holding penalty.

thank C.J. for keeping us in those games***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:37 AM [ in reply to We were in the ACC Championship game the year before he came ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So, going with the ENTIRE thread...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:41 AM

How does Chad do with the 2010 team?

dude, my crystal ball is broke

Dec 12, 2012, 9:45 AM

maybe I will get another one for xmas!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If you buy it online...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:48 AM

Don't get scroogled

Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting.....

Dec 12, 2012, 8:56 AM

the people who are b!tching and moaning about Coach Morris interviewing for head coaching positions are the same people who were b!tching and moaning when Dabo hired him.

Some people just aren't haappy unless they're b!tching and moaning about something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

As usual, you make a very good point.

Dec 12, 2012, 8:59 AM

Another reason to stay in the ACC......

Dec 12, 2012, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting..... ]

There is always something to ##### about here. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting.....

Dec 12, 2012, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting..... ]

I was from the beginning, give Dabo a chance. I was 100% for Chad Morris. I am 100% against us giving him 1.2 mil to buy his stability for our program. And he is interviewing with anyone who will talk to him one year after we give him 1.2 mil to stay at Clemson. He wasn't going anywhere last year. We could have waited until this year to offer him the 1.2mil to stay. It was given him to him last year to anchor this program. His ### anchor is looking pretty ### rusty right now. I say put that 1.2 mil in someone who will stay for awhile without putting our top 10 recruiting classes on the edge of their seats.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting.....

Dec 12, 2012, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting..... ]

Im betting you are correct!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well yeah... It's a staple of tnet.***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting..... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

My money says Morris........

Dec 12, 2012, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting..... ]

falls flat on his face as a HC.

Re: I realize that The Chad's offense hasn't beaten

Dec 12, 2012, 9:23 AM

And nobody should be concerned about the 1.2 MILLION dollars the Chad was paid for his contributions. But lets not also forget that the 1.2 mil paid was to keep him a bit longer than it looks he is willing to stay. There isn't an OC in the SEC, Big 12, or any conference with a 10/2 season against better teams that come close to making what the Chad makes. And that includes the coots that the Chad is 0/2 against. So lets keep his contributions in mind. But Please, don't anyone forget where we were because it really sucked really bad. But also while we are not forgetting. Lets not forget that 1.2 mil can buy you and OC that will get us 10/2 and greater. And lets not forget that in most cases, 1.2 mil will get you loyalty from most great OC's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 10:53 AM

Kyle Parker and a lack of talent at WR was the solitary reason our offense was as bad as it was in 2010.

Dec 12, 2012, 11:23 AM

You are so right!!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic