Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson to Patriots? Here's why...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Deshaun Watson to Patriots? Here's why...

Feb 8, 2017, 10:31 AM

I think the Patriots trade Garopallo to Cleveland for the 12th pick before they're on the hook for a big contract. Pat's then take Watson and develop him under Brady for a year or two, to become the next heir apparent....
Any chance Pat's would take a QB in round 1? They usually don't.
Several teams need a starting QB, so it will be interesting to see how all this unfolds. It's so nice to have prominent Clemson guys in the pro's....makes it watchable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun Watson to Patriots? Here's why...

Feb 8, 2017, 10:34 AM

This makes sense to me +1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a horrible thought

Feb 8, 2017, 10:35 AM

I'm far from a Belichick fan, but he has proven his system works for a QB that can read defenses, and is a student of the game.

I think Watson can be that QB. It would be a good fit for both, I'd think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a horrible thought

Feb 8, 2017, 10:41 AM

I'm with you, I'm not a Pat's fan at all, but they definitely have a proven system, just like Dabo has....I think it would do good to learn from a future hall of famer and possibly the best QB in our time....

Feb 8, 2017, 10:47 AM

Don't like it. They've already been talking about signing Brady to a new contract saying he's got 3-5 more years left in him. Don't want Deshaun to waste years as a backup.

Feb 8, 2017, 10:50 AM

Do you really think Brady will play 3-5 more years? I doubt it, and give him two, if he doesn't get hurt. I want to see Watson play as well, but he still needs work before he can start. Also, play calling is completely different in the NFL & takes at least a year to really learn the lingo.

I don't know

Feb 8, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun Watson to Patriots? Here's why... ]

3 years backing up Brady, and learning the NFL under one of the greatest coaches/QB's of all time could do wonders for Watson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know

Feb 8, 2017, 11:07 AM

He could be trade bait and end up like Jimmy Garropolo, Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, etc. I'm not a fan of that. It's a waste of years

Re: I don't know

Feb 8, 2017, 7:01 PM

None of those were considered top prospects coming out of college. This would be more like Aaron Rodgers being Farve's understudy.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 8, 2017, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun Watson to Patriots? Here's why... ]

Could become clipboard Jesus 2, make a good, healthy living, live long and prosper

Feb 8, 2017, 10:51 AM

He's gonna be a Steeler. You heard it here first even if it doesn't come true. Take it to the bank and quote me on it unless I'm wrong then pretend you never saw this ??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 10:54 AM

Good on SAG...it's going to be a long 8 months...

Feb 8, 2017, 11:27 AM

I've been thinking this for a long time. Patriots take high IQ players that fit the "team first" mold. Even the guys who have been trouble on their previous teams seem to change to a team player when they get to Foxboro. No doubt the greatest coach and organization ever in the NFL that has set the standard for success for the rest of the teams. Watson is a perfect fit, also wouldn't be suprised if Leggett got picked up by the Pats.

My money is on a Brady/ Belichek retirement

Feb 8, 2017, 11:33 AM

together. Not sure if either would continue without the other.

Shocked if Garopallo brings back the 12th pick

Feb 8, 2017, 11:42 AM

it would have to include some picks going back to Cle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 2:18 PM

They drafted a QB last year Jacoby Brissett from NC State I don't see them doing it again

Feb 8, 2017, 6:53 PM

As long as DW4 doesn't go to the browns. They would ruin him.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 7:06 PM

Love the thought of him going to New England but even with a trade no way DW last til the 12th pick

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Feb 8, 2017, 7:10 PM

I would love to see him there. Brady will retire soon.

They would be set for another 13 years or so.

Feb 8, 2017, 7:14 PM

He could wait behind Brady for a few years and he could start for another 10. I prefer he doesn't go to the Pats though. I don't want to see them dominate for the next decade.

Feb 8, 2017, 7:21 PM

I really, really want to pull for whatever team Watson goes to. I don't think I could pull for the pats, though. I'm hoping bears, cardinals, or bills.

Feb 8, 2017, 7:37 PM

I think the Saints make a move for DW4. Drew B. is 38 and will be looking to retire in a couple of years I would think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 7:49 PM

I could def. Pull for the saints. Esp since Stephone is there. I always hoped Deshaun would find a way to the Falcons, but after the year Ryan had, that's not happening.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic