Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My luck has run out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 359

My luck has run out.

May 8, 2019, 3:13 PM

I ordered the Fenwick 7'-6" med light spinning rod from Walmart. It saved shipping to pick it up locally. I plan to use with the new Shimano reel and the weather report for Sat is rain.

I expect it to rain on Sat until the end of football season. Curses!

Not 7-9 7-6
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My neighbors are going to love how my yard looks

May 8, 2019, 3:14 PM

if I can't mow Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of my old Cannondale that had all Shimano components.

May 8, 2019, 3:16 PM

This has nothing to do with your plight but it’s what I thought of when I read your post. So I blurted it out in text form.

Hope you catch a break in the weather and land some biggins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been looking at Shimano ultra light reels...

May 9, 2019, 7:51 AM

to use on this rod. I have a couple but they are the lower end stuff you buy across the counter at walmart. I reckon I'll just shop Sat morning. It usually takes me three months to make a selection on anything I'm going to pay more than a hundred bucks for.

BTW, I don't mind rain but I think I might be allergic to lightening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmm, 80% thunderstorms

May 8, 2019, 3:19 PM

Sounds like an afternoon thing, the kind that pop up around 4:00 or so. Still a ways out, hopefully that will change for you.

I thought everyday was a Saturday for you? Go Saturday-Friday instead. I'm trying to get back on Keowee this Friday.

7-6"......that's a mighty long rod you have.

If you wait out the afternoon round of thunderstorms, you're

May 8, 2019, 3:26 PM

usually gifted with heaven on Earth though. Flat calm, nobody out, usually a few degrees cooler...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, def Saturdays and Sundays in the summer

May 8, 2019, 3:28 PM

it's like 7:00 in the morning

Morning is definitely the best daylight fishing times in...

May 9, 2019, 8:00 AM

the summer. My boat is low profile so I'm not enthused as being that close to warm water during snek season. I've only seen a handful of cotton mouths in my lifetime but next to the copperhead they frighten me the most. Night fishing in my boat ain't happening but I can handle watching the sunrise while sitting on the water.

I lived in Williamston and had access to the watershed...

May 9, 2019, 7:56 AM [ in reply to If you wait out the afternoon round of thunderstorms, you're ]

which was less than three miles from home at the time. I can't react that quickly here in G'vegas. It's a two hour prep if I stage a fishing trip alone. I understand why foreplay take three months for old people now.

True, true but I need help with a boat.

May 9, 2019, 7:53 AM [ in reply to hmmm, 80% thunderstorms ]

I'm afraid I'm going to overwork the ticker if I get unlucky with wind or some odd occurrence.

Replies: 9
| visibility 359
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic