Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My letter to those FFRF Dingbats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,132

My letter to those FFRF Dingbats

Apr 18, 2014, 12:38 PM

"Deer FFRF,

Your accusations regarding any inappropriate activity that occurs at Clemson University are outrageous and pathetic. As a "spiritual atheist" and Clemson alum, I think your organization is highly mistaken in your claims that the Clemson coaching staff has violated the Constitution. All of the "evidence" that you have presented thus far is flawed; all accounts that you have reported in the media have been twisted and manipulated in order to better your case. The fact is, you are the ones who are wrong.

Any sort of religious activity that occurs among the Clemson football team is VOLUNTARY, and there is never any pressure by the coaches, players, or university to submit to any of those activities. You act as if you all were players who knew what goes on in practice and behind the scenes.....maybe you should have tried interviewing any Clemson player to get some of the facts straight before you went ahead making outrageous claims. Maybe you purposely didn't because you knew it would hurt your "case." Whatever the reason, player and coach testimony proves that there was never any forcing of religion on any players, nor was religion any indications as to how a player was treated in terms of their standing with the coaching staff or in terms of playing time. Furthermore, Coach Swinney is hardly the only coach in college football who is open about his faith. I can name a dozen off the top of my head that speak out frequently about their beliefs on faith and use prayer as a part of their team practices.

You have no argument, and I think you know that you have no argument. I guess you have moved on from trying to get "under God" taken out of the pledge of allegiance, and are now looking for new targets to raise controversy and attention for your organization. Clemson University prides itself on being a family school, and ALL families of people are welcome with open arms regardless of race, religion, political stance, or any other beliefs. I think its funny how not a single player or coach from Clemson have been the ones complaining about all this, but rather, watchdogs who aren't a part of the situation that have no knowledge of what really goes on. One would think that if there was anything unsettling with any of the players or anything that was causing discomfort or any sort of violations, one of the athletes would be the one that comes forward.

So, in short, mind your own #### business. You are fighting a battle that you will not win, simply because 1. You really don't have ANY evidence of any wrongdoings, because 2. There WERE NO wrongdoings in the first place. Give up the dream, and find some other group that actually has violated the Constitution to pick on

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!

Apr 18, 2014, 12:49 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My letter to those FFRF Dingbats

Apr 18, 2014, 12:52 PM

I can name 2 elements that have violated the US Constitution regarding religion.

1. The OBAMA administration
2. C.A.I.R or the COUNCIL on AMERICAN ISLAMIC RELATIONS which is an organization funded by the Administration using US TAX DOLLARS.

I wonder why they make no mention of that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Apr 18, 2014, 1:08 PM

The Obama admin would stomp a mud hole in the FFRF. That's why.

Just curious...

Apr 18, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: My letter to those FFRF Dingbats ]

How did the Obama administration violate the Constitution regarding religion?

YES YES

Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 PM

Re: YES YES

Apr 18, 2014, 12:56 PM

Amen. It's all Obama's fault. A Baptist, Republican post if I ever saw one!!!

Apr 18, 2014, 1:03 PM

Maybe he is a Luthren or a Methodist or maybe a
Catholic...He could be an angry, moderate Democrat.
Why do you say Baptist and Republican? I know
Baptist's that are Democrat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2014, 1:08 PM

Just being funny...lol

You need to put the

Apr 18, 2014, 1:16 PM

winky face in there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

^^^^^Doesn't get it***

Apr 18, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: YES YES ]

A Baptist Republican?

Apr 18, 2014, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: YES YES ]

Who ever heard of such a thing?

If by Baptist and Republican you mean

Apr 18, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: YES YES ]

Wise and well informed, then yes, I agree.

Ha! Noooo.....***

Apr 18, 2014, 6:40 PM

Apr 18, 2014, 1:05 PM

AWESOME LETTER!!!

Unfotunately, writing them...

Apr 18, 2014, 1:19 PM

admitting that a christian culture exists, and giving them the attention they seek is only going to fuel their ends, which is to market their cause.

I thought the same thing

Apr 18, 2014, 2:12 PM

But it still doesn't violate anything

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,132
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic