Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Santa Claus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 748

Santa Claus

Nov 13, 2019, 7:48 AM

These days, when do kids stop believing in Santa Claus?

Mine are 7 and 8 and they had a discussion in the back seat of the car yesterday... They were asking a lot of questions to each other and talking about how "a bunch of kids at school think he's fake, but I know he's real". So my younguns are aware of the skepticism, but they choose to still believe. I think it's really sweet. How much longer can I expect this to last for average intelligence level children that have access to youtube and the internet?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Santa Claus

Nov 13, 2019, 7:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 7:57 AM

My daughter slept with us on Christmas Eve last year and said, "a lot of kids say that the parents put out gifts, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that you didn't because yall NEVER got out of bed that night!" So she's out there at school crusading for Santa.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:01 AM

We went to see the santa parade at the mall

Nov 13, 2019, 8:12 AM

My 8yr old says, "I know this Santa is fake. What is the mall gonna do? Call Santa and say, hey come to our mall? That ain't happenin."

He's gettin his smartass remarks from his old man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being the offspring of cousins

Nov 13, 2019, 8:14 AM

I think you're good for another 20-30 years

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That's my fear.***

Nov 13, 2019, 8:29 AM

Are you sure you aren't just getting scammed?

Nov 13, 2019, 8:20 AM

As I've grown older, I really can't grasp why Santa ever became a thing. Wouldn't parents want the kids to know that their hard work led to the gifts?

The best notion I can come up with is the parents didn't want kids asking for stuff all the time so they cooked this up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS. I want my kids to stop believing so I can get some

Nov 13, 2019, 8:22 AM

credit for busting my asss all year long so they can get a nice pair of pajamas and a new Clemson hat. SANTA AINT REAL, FUCKERS.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS. I want my kids to stop believing so I can get some

Nov 13, 2019, 8:28 AM

Wow pajamas AND a hat? You're a regular Daddy Warbucks, aren't you!

Are you

Nov 13, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to THIS. I want my kids to stop believing so I can get some ]

Al Bundy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-k9QQLpid4

my kids have always known that We pay santa for gifts

Nov 13, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Are you sure you aren't just getting scammed? ]

he has a budget.

early on, one of my boys asked why we do charity for underprivileged kids if Santa was going to come.

We explained that although Santa builds and delivers the toys, parents still have to pay. That why A. you aint getting a $5000 entertainment center and B. less fortunate people need assistance during the holiday and we can HELP Santa.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is solid

Nov 13, 2019, 9:59 AM

like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve got a Santa suit and wear it at the

Nov 13, 2019, 8:23 AM

Neighborhood Christmas gathering

My next door neighbor told me his son believes that neighborhood Santa is the real one.

Santa is usually half drunk in that suit.

Thanks for the idea!!!! - CSO2***

Nov 13, 2019, 8:25 AM

My step mom bought a santa suit and I wore it last year.

Nov 13, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to I’ve got a Santa suit and wear it at the ]

My kids, 6 and 7 at the time, mentioned that they thought it was me, but I swore up and down it wasn't me. They ultimately believed it was really santa. I did a good job of hiding my voice, I guess, but they SHOULD have known. I think my daughter recognized my shoes or something...

Its funny though. Kids recognize the symbols of Santa, like the red outfit, the beard, the belly, and really don't focus on the face. At least that's how mine are.

Mine are 11.3 and 7.5

Nov 13, 2019, 8:45 AM

11yo daughter has been skeptical for years, but (perhaps at our own detriment) SheGUAR and I are tricky #######, and have continued to pull off some pretty convincing things that 'disprove' our involvement. (I can't really recall anything specific at the moment, but i can recall the immediate regret when we realized we pulled it off)

Last year, LilGUAR#1 outright asked SheGUAR, with the whole "Just tell me the truth. I won't be upset" It wasn't the first time she'd asked (or asked like that). SheGUAR basically just told her bluntly "Is this something you REALLY want to know?" LilGUAR#1 just said "Nope!" and ran off, and that was it. Previous times, w/ I or SheGUAR skirting around the issue, she'd get all upset but try to hide it, sometimes unsuccessfully....but not that time. So, I think she knows, but isn't letting on. She's already made a list this year, but hasn't mentioned 'Santa' at all.

7.5yo LilGUAR#2 is gullible AF and would believe whatever we tell him. I'd imagine he'll find out when LilGUAR#1 feels like being a bish to him.

As of last year, they still thought the #### elf on the #### shelf was 'real'....or at least 'magical', as they respected the 'rules'. It fell off one of it's daily perches one time, and 11yo LilGUAR#1 FLIPPED.TF.OUT.

We're doin' some thangs, makin' some changes, in the upcoming months that'll possibly (probably make money tighter than we'd like, definitely more-so than we've been used to past 5-6 years, and I jokingly (but not really) asked SheGUAR if we should just sit them down and tell them about Santa, if for no other reason than to temper their expectations for what will probably be a comparatively reserved christmas this year....

mine are 12 and 14 and they BETTER believe

Nov 13, 2019, 9:21 AM

otherwise he wont come.

They have NEVER discussed not believing. They have never even given an eye roll.

I know they dont believe, but its a dont ask dont tell scenario

That's how it was when we were growing up.***

Nov 13, 2019, 9:29 AM

yep, I have a brother 11 yrs younger. I helped put his toys

Nov 13, 2019, 9:33 AM

together later in my childhood. I STILL never mentioned that Santa wasnt real.

And when I woke up, there was MY santa

Related to this topic.....my 13yo digs Christmas music

to we were listening to the Sirius Traditional channel this morn on the way to school (none of that new modern crap).

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, and my daughter was telling me how whenever she heard that back when she believed in Santa, she just thought it was a song about that Mom being a total whooore (my words, not hers).

Pretty funny, when I started thinking about it, but yeah.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aero post corrected version

so we were listening to the Sirius Traditional channel this morn on the way to school (none of that new modern crap).

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus came on the radio, and my daughter was telling me how whenever she heard that back when she believed in Santa, she just thought it was a song about that Mom being a total whooore (my words, not hers).

Pretty funny, when I started thinking about it, but yeah.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a Jehovah's witness kid who told my daughter Santa

Nov 13, 2019, 9:31 AM

is just the parents in 1st or 2nd grade (she's in 3rd).

I told her that he doesn't come to brats who don't believe, he's 100 percent real and just because things don't look and work the way we expect doesn't mean he's real.

Pretty sure she's in on the secret but keeps her mouth shut. Fully expect her to be a B**** and tell her little brother when she's pizzed at him.

wow, I wouldn't expect that....

Nov 13, 2019, 9:32 AM

I mean the part where your kids go to a school with Jehova's Witness poors.

Well, they ain't poor...

Nov 13, 2019, 9:37 AM

but yeah, my daughter goes to a public magnet school.

Guess they just let anyone in those schools these days***

Nov 13, 2019, 9:53 AM

My daughter will probably stop believing when she is 4

Nov 13, 2019, 9:52 AM

When she sees some skinny white dude with brown hair carrying presents down the steps and eating the cookies

You already know what the guy looks like?

Nov 13, 2019, 10:02 AM

Should make him easy to identify when you're fighting your way out of paying alimony.

You guys use a bull on Christmas Eve?

Nov 13, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to My daughter will probably stop believing when she is 4 ]

KINKY.

Where do I apply?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kids are 12 and 9

Nov 13, 2019, 10:13 AM

My daughter, the 12-year-old, I'm pretty sure knows the deal, but refuses to admit that she doesn't believe. I think she thinks that if she admits to us that she knows about Santa, that she won't get quite the haul she normally gets. She may also just be fronting for the sake of her little brother (she's sweet that way) and she knows I'd be pissed off if she ruined it for him.

My son, the 9-year-old, is still a hardcore believer in the Claus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

My youngest doesn't speak English yet

Nov 13, 2019, 10:15 AM

not sure what she knows

That's what happens when cousins breed.

Nov 13, 2019, 10:33 AM

I got the invitation to her 13th birthday party. Thanks man.

Nov 13, 2019, 10:22 AM

That is sweet.

Have a friend that purchased a Santa suit for his small ministry. It's a side line, and mainly visits nursing homes around Christmas time to delivers gifts and visit with the patients. It really brightens up their day!

My son just turned 13

Nov 13, 2019, 10:30 AM

and seems to believe or either doesn't want to let on to his parents that he knows.

I don't want to tell him because I remember how I felt when my dad told me out of anger. I guess like many kids I sorta knew the truth but still had hope. That kinda sucked!!

Replies: 33
| visibility 748
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic