Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My hat's off to Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,297

My hat's off to Chad Morris

Oct 7, 2012, 5:14 PM

He gift wrapped us the game yesterday IMHO.

He had enough confidence in his offense to slowly and methodically move the ball down the field, win the TOP, and wear down GT's defense before the first half was over, all of this underneath the clemson fans clamoring as to why we were not taking shots down field.

Folks, he kept our defense, and more importantly GT's offense off the field all day, and commanded the tempo of the game a well as the TOP, GT was sucking wind in the 2nd quarter. There was barely a hick-up with the exception of a single punt in the first half, and a couple field goals that should have been TD's.

He took a page from paul johnson's playbook and wore the opponent down, keeping them guessing the entire game. Although there was one foolish trick play that was poorly executed, there was another that resulted in a 2 point conversion that helped swing the game.

And why do think our D only gave up 10 points in the 2nd half and had enough fuel in the tank to step up big when we needed them to? Cause they spent most of the game on the sidelines while GT's Defense was sucking wind trying to stay with our receivers all day.

And the best part of all, this was against the self proclaimed chess master al groh, who for the better part of the day was losing his checkers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My hat's off to Chad Morris

Oct 7, 2012, 5:17 PM

true. Time of posession was a surprise to me- pleasant

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My hat's off to Brent Venables

Oct 7, 2012, 5:18 PM

He made half time adjustments and held GT to less than 150 yards rushing the 2nd half, after they had doubled both of those in the 1st half. He called plays that put our young and still developing defense in position to make plays and win the game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2012, 5:19 PM

That should've stated held to 10 points. The defense won that game. Anyone that was in the stadium understands the game shifted on the 4th down stop, safety, ect... the crowd went wild

Oct 7, 2012, 5:22 PM

had we spent the first half trading TD's instead of controlling the clock, I think our D would have been at a bigger disadvantage in the 2nd.

and yes, hats off the venables. Unlike the guy before him that thought we could beat people up font all day and make no adjustments, venables takes risks and can get a team behind the sticks.

Oct 7, 2012, 5:27 PM

when we were in the redzone and if Chad had kept to running plays, I think we would've gotten 7 instead of 3 points. Fancy doesn't always produce , even if it looks entertaining. Our defense bailed us out of GT being in the redzone after Tajh's interception. I'm not downplaying anyone's contribution. We wouldn't have won last season or this season w/out Chad's assistance, he's an awesone coach. Yesterday is the 1st game this season our defense bailed us out. BV made halftime adjustments and held them to 10 points the 2nd half. The crowd went ballistic whyen the defense made those huge plays. Definitely shifted the game and the vibe in the stadium

Oct 7, 2012, 6:08 PM

BV is the real deal. He used ever personnel grouping he could yesterday and every package. Blanks at safety was a nice move, Goodman to the bench. He does make adjustments during the game and that helps. I think we have the 2nd half in every game minus the Fla St game. I think there depth got us there. Chad Morris is awesome. If we could just get Sammy back healthy and going back down field I think we would be really good on the offense.

The defense made some big stops, but

Oct 7, 2012, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: My hat's off to Brent Venables ]

if we had needed to score 60+ to win, I think we could have and would have.

The defense in no way "bailed out" the offense. That's just ludicrous.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Held to net 8 points.***

Oct 7, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: My hat's off to Brent Venables ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Good post. I noticed we were holding the ball yesterday and

Oct 7, 2012, 6:13 PM

thought we finally have coaches with brains. Beat them at their own game. Punch in a couple of those ball that ended in field goals and it would have been a total beatdown

Re: Good post. I noticed we were holding the ball yesterday and

Oct 8, 2012, 2:39 AM

we had a depth advantage against their defense and we owned the clock when it mattered. It was was football 101 stuff, get a lead on Paul Johnson and they have to change their offense and become easier to defend. I will say our defense changed the complexion of the game and that was crux of the win, but the overall strategy to beat them at their own game was a song of beauty..

Balm...

Oct 7, 2012, 6:38 PM

Great observation...I totally agree.

Oct 7, 2012, 7:40 PM

Someone actually gets it. TU to you.

Oct 8, 2012, 7:24 AM

I must say I as many others have questioned some of his calls, do not get me wrong I trust him and like the direction he has the Tigers headed in.
In my view the 1 play that impressed me was the 2 point conversion, when a coach goes outside the box comes up with a play that no one can see it coming or expects, that's a coach the players will play their hearts out for, and keep all us fans smiling

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic