Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This morning, Packer and Durham
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

This morning, Packer and Durham

Dec 4, 2019, 2:36 PM

were rolling their eyes at Clemson callers who were defending Dabo’s comments. The Clemson callers were saying Dabo wasn’t necessarily directing his comments towards the CFB committee, but the media and their SEC narrative. One caller was actually cut off, when he was calling out ESPN and actual announcers for their back-handed compliments towards Clemson, and how there is so much money involved with ESPN and the SEC. Packer and Durham were doing their best to protect their employer that is the ESPN spin machine.
The SEC Network can have little s***s like Finebomb, that are constantly criticizing the ACC, Clemson, and Dabo. Yet, Packer and Durham have Clemson callers about the media narrative, and they roll their eyes, cut them off, and make out like we’re “conspiracy theorists”, as they called them.
Clemson fans and Clemson University have always had a chip on their shoulders. Uof6C and the media in Columbia have always made us out to be a hick cow school. Up until recently(when Clemson started winning championships and bringing in conference money), the ACC has always treated CU like a red-headed step-child. Now, Clemson has to be perfect, and rarely gets the excuses and the adoration that blue-bloods like OSU, Bama, Georgia, and Oklahoma get. That’s why Dabo is pissed. He’s tired of it. And they just roll their eyes.... let ‘em keep on doing it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This morning, Packer and Durham

Dec 4, 2019, 2:49 PM

have not been impressed with the acc network,and not sure i'll continue with it going forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 4, 2019, 2:59 PM

I watched the show this morning and did not get any negative vibes. So far how can anyone be unhappy with all the coverage that Clemson has been getting. Almost all football talk has been about Clemson and 99% has been very positive. Some people are never satisfied. Enjoy it while we can. Go Tigers

Dec 4, 2019, 3:11 PM

Sorry Abby. I’m only allowed one TU

Dec 4, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

ACCN is only created to enhance the Blue Bloods of Ba$ketball in this conference. If you think different you are kidding yourself!!

My guess is you haven’t watched it much.

Dec 5, 2019, 8:27 AM

Tons of football coverage, the vast majority of which is us.

I saw the show yesterday and though packers take on it was correct. To the extent that Dabo is complaining about media bias, packer said he has a point. He disagreed with the point Dabo made when he said “they” are trying to keep us out, seemingly referring to the committee.

He doesn’t think there’s bias among the committee. I agree with that.

Dec 4, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

I watched the two lardbutts one time...It was plenty...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just keep watching your buddy Finebum then! I prefer P&D anyday!

Dec 5, 2019, 10:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

Packer and Durham is a great show. Man this board has a lot of whimsy b$&@ches! Keyboard warriors

they had us as good as dead after the unc game

Dec 4, 2019, 2:57 PM

now they want to back track and pretend like they were all in with us all along..doesnt work like that

Dec 4, 2019, 2:59 PM

Anyone pretending dabo is wrong with his comments are a complete liar. The VAST majority have constantly overly criticized the tigers. And Packer himself has repeatedly said that nothing the tigers have done prior to this season matters and thats bullcrap. Course it matters. Same reason the SEC gets a pass is based on history. There was a clear agenda against Clemson. Only difference lately has been that once the committee moved the tigers to top 4, people had to concede or look incompetent. Im not an analyst but even i could see these other teams were fakes. Dabo is absolutely right.

Dec 4, 2019, 9:32 PM

2018 has ZERO bearing on how the Committee judges your 2019 body of work.

It's one of the first things that the CFP Committee emphasizes when you go thru the mock selection process.

I always thought there was a built-in, pre-disposed thought about what your previous season could do to influence your current ranking, but that is not the case.

You don't have to believe me....but I've been part of the mock selection. It's an eye-opening experience. I thought there was a way to sway the system, but the set-up eliminates that way of thinking.

Dec 5, 2019, 5:32 AM

Packer, that is exactly what Dabo was referring to. In past years, and I’ve heard with my own two ears, they all have mentioned what Bama has done previously. I agree it should be a year to year assessment. It’s seems they are only harping on that because of love/hate for Clemson this year. Every
last one of the talking heads have done it. I’ve heard the difference between Clemson and the other SEC teams over the last several years.

Dec 5, 2019, 8:23 AM

Every year of the CFP rankings so far have put SOS as the most important factor. This includes the 2 years where Clemson ended with the #1 overall ranking after beating several top 25 teams. It's been completely consistent.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

IF that's the case then how did Bama stay in the Top 5 after their loss. Heck they still have only beaten 2 teams with a winning record. One of those teams lost to Georgia State and BYU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

Hasn't Dabo himself always said that last year doesn't matter? Even before this year he was saying this team hadn't gone 15-0 because it was a completely new team and new year. I love Dabo, but that's the one thing that stands out to me about his comments. He has gone on and on before about every year being new and the current team not having proven anything yet. Then when it suits him he spits out how the team has won 27 games in a row.

If you're going to (wrongly) criticize Packer, at least tag

Dec 4, 2019, 3:07 PM

him here so he see it when he logs in and tells you to stop being a moran.

Pack on SiriusXM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If you're going to (wrongly) criticize Packer, at least tag

Dec 4, 2019, 3:16 PM

You are listening to a different show than the one I watch every morning

P and D are first class.

Dec 4, 2019, 8:54 PM

I tried to watch once. Has to be the WORST program on tv

Just go back to watching your buddy Finebum, then!

Dec 5, 2019, 10:26 AM

P&D is a great show!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 3:38 PM [ in reply to If you're going to (wrongly) criticize Packer, at least tag ]

I’ve enjoyed watching their show and I would gladly tell Packer and Durham to their faces that they’re misunderstanding Dabo’s comments and a lot of Clemson fans’ frustrations. I did not appreciate how condescending they came across to the Clemson callers. If I wanted that, I’d watch the SEC Network.

Well, as predicted he logged in and told you how wrong you

Dec 5, 2019, 11:24 AM

were. The man loves everything about Clemson. As a fanbase, Clemson people get way too butthurt by every perceived slight in the media. It has gotten so bad that apparently now we are saying that one of our fellow Clemson grads is anti-Clemson or intentionally slighting Clemson callers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It seems he has now disappeared. Must be hanging out with

Dec 5, 2019, 11:28 AM

the Judge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Well, as predicted he logged in and told you how wrong you

Dec 5, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Well, as predicted he logged in and told you how wrong you ]

As I stated earlier, I’ve enjoyed watching the show. But, alas, you, along with others, and Packer, are misunderstanding and twisting my post. Dabo and many Clemson fans see a narrative in the media, NOT the CFB Committee. Dabo has said this. One reason he’s mad is because he saw ETN as being slighted with the whole Doak Walker award. I don’t think most people see an anti-Clemson conspiracy on the CFB Committee. Everyone knows Clemson wins and they’re in!! The callers from yesterday were just stating their opinions on the bias, which P&D have agreed is present in certain media outlets, but when the callers started calling out people with ESPN, they got condescending responses from P&D, and cut off. Whatever though, considering where this program was 10-15 years ago, these are 1st world problems and I’m happy to be a Tiger!

Dec 4, 2019, 11:53 PM [ in reply to If you're going to (wrongly) criticize Packer, at least tag ]

LOL says the #### kisser

You must have replied to the wrong person by mistake

Dec 5, 2019, 11:25 AM

Just because I am right does not mean I'm a "#### kisser" whatever that means

Re: You must have replied to the wrong person by mistake

Dec 5, 2019, 3:38 PM

You may be right. You may be wrong. But your nose has brown stains on it.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:14 PM

Honestly, I thought the P&D show was the only redeeming aspect of being home in bed with the flu last week....well that and the 8 lbs I lost. I love Pack on SiriusXM personally.

As for the back-peddling - you're saying that people did a hot take on Clemson several weeks ago, then realized recently they were wrong but they didn't confess to it??? Wow...that is so UNLIKE people in the medial to admit they were wrong about something.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:27 PM

I don't watch anything to do with esecpn. Not Game Day, not College football final nor the playoff show. I've heard all the insults and shots at Clemson I care too. They do say good things about Clemson-but they take more shots at Clemson any chance they get. I'm glad Dabo calls them out, because they are the ones truly crying about Clemson. That they continue to insult Clemson and cry about Dabo responding is laughable. Dabo is right-what Clemson is doing is something that should be celebrated-and yes I'm a Clemson grad and biased.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:31 PM

They Definetly cut me off this morning. I did put them in a bad spot in front of their bosses. I felt bad about that. I like Pac a lot but it had to be said.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:45 PM

So far not impressed with ACC Net. Their show is boring and the set is cheesey. If this were a network series, it would be cancelled. Makes ACC look 2nd class, at best.

The show could definitely use a different set and layout.

Dec 4, 2019, 9:09 PM

Change the camera angle around some - the two of them, Pack especially, don't present as well as they could with the current setup I don't think. I enjoy the more laid back pace of the show overall and the topics they cover. Good stuff so far.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The show could definitely use a different set and layout.

Dec 4, 2019, 11:59 PM

I like P&D but those two guys have faces made for radio!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

I don't have the means to cut you off....all of that is handled in Bristol, not on the set in Charlotte.

Your theory that ESPN owns the SEC Network, and therefore is doing everything it can to downplay Clemson is laughable.

ESPN also owns and controls the ACC Network. The start-up of a new network takes a ton of capital and there is no doubt that the Disney Corporation would love nothing more than the league to have great success on and off the field.

Clemson's football success only enhances ESPN's involvement and commitment to the league, fans, advertisers, etc...

Your theory this AM could not be any further from reality.

Thanks for listening/watching.

Dec 4, 2019, 10:42 PM

It's really simple. One of many examples of a negative campaign from the mother ship is how many times they talked about a close win against NC but acted like Georgia's loss against the gamecocks never happened. Do they get emailed talking points? Espn makes more money when 2 SEC teams are in the playoff. That is a fact. Clemson is messing with that huge revenue stream and they don't like it. This is the first year I have ever heard that it doesn't matter that a team won the national title last year. Thats convenient. There is a huge difference in the way Clemson has been covered this year compared to the SEC teams. To deny that is the actual conspiracy. Love the show man.

Dec 5, 2019, 8:30 AM

You say it's a fact that ESPN gets more money with 2 SEC teams in the playoffs. Could you please explain how ESPN would receive more money by this happening?

Dec 4, 2019, 5:10 PM

Nothing is going to change for ESPN employees as long as Disney/ABC/ESPN and the SEC are joined at the hip by their wallets!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 8:00 PM

Pack talks up Ohio State but he defends the Tigers a little, maybe miss Clair has some bomb or he is just being whatever about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet the 10 viewers were angry***

Dec 4, 2019, 8:58 PM

Dec 4, 2019, 9:20 PM

Any of you "Conspiracy Theorists" catch the SiriusXM interview with Dabo this afternoon?

I didn't think so.

Dabo stated...(as we mentioned numerous times on radio and tv)....that the CFP Committee is not trying to eliminate Clemson from the playoffs.

As I've mentioned a dozen times this week....there is no doubt that there are members in the national media that have an agenda....but that doesn't exist with the CFP Committee.

Their number one mission is to find the best four teams in America.

IF Clemson wins....they're in. It's that simple.

The reason they are currently #3 has everything to do with their resume...the lack of "quality wins" compared to LSU and Ohio State makes it easy to place the Tigers 3rd.

Dec 4, 2019, 9:33 PM

Thanks Pac. Love both shows!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here here....Watch every morning this week -

Dec 4, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

Think its a great show - excellent coverage for CU far as I'm concerned. Love the Coach Howard stuff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:40 PM

When a caller has a theory that because ESPN owns the SEC Network and therefore will do anything they can to detract any positive light on Clemson or the ACC, you simply have to laugh.

ESPN owns and controls the ACC Network, too.

It's in their best interest for Clemson to have great success on the football field (and this holds true for other ACC teams/sports)....because it creates more revenue opportunities for the company that owns the ACC's rights.

This is not rocket science.

Are there national media members that hold an agenda? Of course.

But to think ESPN would pour hundreds of millions of dollars into a venture only to sabotage the product is downright stupid and comical.

Dec 4, 2019, 11:02 PM

There is a difference between millions and billions. Maybe it will change but the way they probably see it is that they have the SEC rolling for football and will capitalize on basketball with the ACC this season. Because they own it also means they can do whatever they want with it. An example of that would be the segment I saw earlier this year when they were covering the coastal. The segment was called "Dumpster Diving" and the guy was standing in a trash can. I've never seen that before. I wouldnt call that promoting the league. Would you?

Dec 5, 2019, 4:45 AM

You need to ask the folks that do the segment.

I can only speak on behalf of our show.

Not every segment, show is going to spin a positive aspect.

We're critical of teams, coaches, players that don't perform well....and I suspect that will be displayed this AM when talking about some ACC teams that didn't play well last night.

Dec 5, 2019, 8:29 AM

I agree with you. Your show is fantastic. I am speaking to the neglect of ESPN in covering Clemson this year. They have more catch phrases than I've ever seen that jab at Clemson this year. They have done their best to promote the negative and ignore the positive. That is exactly what Dabo called them out for. Trevor's interceptions, close game to NC, and they don't play anyone has been said over and over all year. The SEC network and Espn are the same thing right now. I have never in my life seen football be covered the way it has been this year. A year where quality wins seems to be the only thing that matters and the SEC has them all. Lol. "You don't play anyone" is the oldest jab in the book and now strength of schedule is the main determining Factor on where you're ranked?Thats new. And last year cannot be discussed? That's a new one too. Clemson is doing things that have never been done. Espn has made efforts to delegitimize what they're doing. There negative commentary is why Trevor Lawrence is not in consideration for the Heisman. I've never heard of losing the Heisman in September. Again, your show is great. Thanks

Dec 5, 2019, 2:34 PM

Suggestion: Get thicker skin. Not everyone in life is going to sing the tune you want to hear.

Dec 5, 2019, 5:16 AM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

The ACC - ESPN contract is a 20 year agreement.

Billions....not millions.

That doesn't even include the amount of money the company spends to produce and market the programs.

If you believe that ESPN would go out of their way to undercut their own product, then I can't help you. Their investment and financial risk is massive...they want this to work in every means possible.

Even the member institutions have invested tens of millions of dollars to build and create their own on-campus TV facilities to showcase their school, players, coaches and teams. It's a huge investment by multiple parties.

The company gets a better return on their investment when the schools perform well at the highest level....and that includes Clemson football and any other ACC school regardless of sport.

So any "theory" that ESPN is out to destroy any ACC school is downright stupid.

Dec 5, 2019, 8:19 AM

Pack, I agree that ESPN has a vested interest in the ACC succeeding. What I don't understand is why they allow Finebaum to constantly berate, criticize, and make fun of the conference they have billions invested in. It affects peoples perception of the conference, it affects recruits perception of the conference and does nothing but causes a negative impact on their investment. It would be similar to say a Ford or Chevy dealer putting commercials on TV about how crappy Ford and Chevy cars are. If I were ESPN I would tell him to shut his trap or hit the door.

Dec 5, 2019, 10:30 AM

I can't respond to that question, because I don't know the answer.

Dec 5, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

I can answer that. Because you and thousands of other non-SEC fan listen and react to it. Why do you think CNN, MSNBC and Foxnews have the polarizing topics that have on their shows? To get an emotional reaction. He pokes Clemson and thousands of Tiger loving fans react. That's what he's paid to do...to get attention. Boring doesn't drive ratings.

Every time you @Finebaum or re-Tweet at Finebaum article on Tweeter, you are increasing the revenue he's worth from a marketing standpoint. You are putting $ in his pocket. If you don't like what he has to say....DON'T TUNE IN AND DON'T RESPOND.

I guess you hear what you want to hear! I watched the show,

Dec 4, 2019, 11:18 PM

and Packer said he agreed with everything Dabo said, except for any implication that the committee was trying to keep Clemson out. Pack especially has defended Dabo for his comments about Finebum.

If you would rather watch the Finebum ##### show, instead of something factual like Packer & Durham, you go right ahead!

Re: I guess you hear what you want to hear! I watched the show,

Dec 4, 2019, 11:49 PM

They stand in the trash can if their picks that week were worse than the other host on that show. I DVR Pack and Durham so I can watch it later on and I really enjoy them and Chester and Fuller. lol. See y'all Pack in Charlotte.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 11:51 PM

Packer is a good radio guy but he won’t do this TV gig long.

Dec 4, 2019, 11:56 PM

If he hangs it up they won't have a studio to broadcast from.

Dec 5, 2019, 4:42 AM

I plan on fulfilling my end of the bargain, so I don't plan on going anywhere for the next few years.

When it's time to retire, I'll disappear into the night and go enjoy my next venture.

Dec 5, 2019, 4:40 AM [ in reply to Re: This morning, Packer and Durham ]

I'll do the radio show on SiriusXM and the TV show on ESPN/ACCN for as long as I have a contract.

The last time I checked, I still have a few years remaining on the deals.

Dec 5, 2019, 5:59 AM

I'll do the radio show on SiriusXM and the TV show on ESPN/ACCN for as long as I have a contract.

The last time I checked, I still have a few years remaining on the deals.

Pack,
I hope you keep it going into a new contract. Been a long time listener on Ch. 84. There are very few in the sports media that speak it as genuine as you do.

As to Coach Swinney, my opinion is that he waded into criticism of the national media that wasn’t going to reflect well on Clemson. We certainly saw some blowback. However as we have seen in the past, he rarely does or says anything without first considering the purpose.

Dec 5, 2019, 10:35 AM

He knows exactly what he's doing.

As I stated this AM on SportsCenter, I believe that Dabo's comments were intended for a few media members that have been slanted in their views of the program...but more importantly he's talking to his team.

No better way to send a message that creates an edge to a talented club.

Coach is giving you a ROY BUS 2.0.

Dec 5, 2019, 7:38 AM

I love listening to packman in the afternoons on radio, just don't get enough opportunities to hear his show. He's way better than those clowns on earlier in the day. I have set the DVR for their show in the mornings and been watching it at night. Fast forward through some stuff but I think it's really entertaining and enjoyable. Also think Wes Durham is very fair and fun to listen to, caught his show on Sirrus Monday night and it was good. So far I like the ACC network, seems pretty balanced to me. Especially like the coverage given to other sports such as volleyball that haven't gotten much in the past.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 8:18 AM

Mark Packer is a Clemson graduate.

Dec 5, 2019, 8:26 AM

LOL. Widely known fact. I think that may be some of the problem with Packer. I've always thought even from the days of his terrestrial radio show back in the day that he was always cautious about being a CU grad and not wanting to be labeled a CU homer. Sometimes it seems he might go a bit in the other direction trying to prevent this.

He did have a really good commentary this morning on Dabo and what he has been trying to do with his media smackdown. I've always liked Packer. This show is my first experience with Wes Durham. So far so good.

Dec 5, 2019, 10:17 AM

The guy was an idiot and deserved to be cut off. If you think their is an vast SEC conspiracy, please take the tin foil off your head and go outside and get some daylight. Just and FYI: ESPN owns the ACC Network.

And Pack is right. What we did last year doesn't matter this year.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:40 AM

Exactly. I'd love to have seen the reaction by our fans if Alabama was coming off of a NC win, had no wins over teams currently ranked in the top 25, had won by 1 point over a team that finished 6-6, and we had beaten 4 teams ranked in the top 10 only to be ranked behind Alabama. Then when the committee chairman is asked why Bama is ranked #1 their response is because they were so good last season.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:35 AM

Packer is straight outta tarheel land. Which is much more biased than sec.

Not to mention daddy packer was a wake ball guy. All the nc schools stick together.

Dec 5, 2019, 1:24 PM

Pack is generally on target, but to say ESPN wouldn't do anything to hurt their brand or programming - are you serious? What do you think ESPN has been doing for years with this "Woke" liberal B.S. on everyone of their shows and firing anyone that doesn't espouse the same. Every bit of that nonsense hurt ESPN and was partially the cause of a massive drop in viewers. The new CEO is just completing the process of fixing all that junk. But make no mistake - ESPN has taken many actions over the past five years that did terrible damage to their brand(s) and they did it knowingly.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic