Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember, it can always be worse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Remember, it can always be worse

Jun 24, 2020, 10:08 AM

For those of you whining and moaning, please remember it can always be worse. Woke up this morning to a phone call from the marina.

Boat is sunk. Bikde pump failed and had horrible rains last night. Vacation ruined. Two weeks with no boat. Probably gonna total it.

So remember it can always get worse.

But nobody was in it. Nobody was hurt. And we were not 16 miles off shore when it decided to fail.

Always look at the bright side. It's better for the heart.

Drinking starts as soon as its raised and put on the trailer .....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad.

Jun 24, 2020, 10:12 AM

But as you said, could have been a lot sadder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember, it can always be worse

Jun 24, 2020, 10:19 AM

Keep your chin up and hang in there. You can probably refloat it and buff any scratches right out. ;)

My boat story- I'm maybe 8. Going fishing w dad. Launch boat. He goes to park and says stand on the dock and hold the rope. Dont move. Well he goes to park. I wait and wait. Suddenly I notice she is sinking lower and lower. Dad didnt put the transom plugs in apparently. I start yelling for him to hurry. we start her up just in time to get her on plane and eventually drain her out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first shipwreck.

Jun 24, 2020, 10:31 AM

I was a teenager that got invited to ride on a small catamaran on the Pamlico Sound. Everyone else was older, and there were a couple of very desirable young ladies I was trying to impress. We get about a mile from shore and the guy in charge turns us into the wind. I did not know a catamaran would dip underwater and then come back up. As soon as the top covered in water, I bailed out and started swimming to shore. I turned back to see if either of the girls needed assistance. Everyone was high and dry...pointing at me while bent over laughing.

The swim back to the boat was the most humiliating part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My first shipwreck.

Jun 24, 2020, 10:34 AM

And just when you were hoping shrinkage would be the most disappointing part

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 10:37 AM

Sorry brother, I know that made for a rough start to your day. Boat ownership is never what it’s cracked up to be unless you live on the boat....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 24, 2020, 10:40 AM

Thanks a lot...
Now my neck hurts.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic