Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Medical doctor explanation regarding false positive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Medical doctor explanation regarding false positive

Dec 24, 2018, 5:46 PM

. In drug testing, there are many false positives that we do not understand why they occur. Instead of trying to find a cause for a false positive, the better approach would be to request a more accurate test, such as a GC/MS test. These more accurate tests are the mechanism by which a false positive is typically identified.

This is all we can hope for, a false positive. Until then, next man up. Hope Huggy Bear is ready and shows out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Medical doctor explanation regarding false positive

Dec 24, 2018, 5:53 PM

OH, I'd have lawyers involved as Dabo said they are, bigtime. Chain of custody procedures and so on. Normal results, etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 5:54 PM

Amen on chain of custody. Fishy. What year did lab tech graduate ND etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 5:53 PM

Something about this doesn't pass the smell test.

Dec 24, 2018, 9:11 PM

Have you checked your pants?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 5:55 PM

Sorry, but this "shoulda" is horse hockey....Apparently these tests are done at time to time... Why would Dabo, Saban or ANYONE condone "weird" testing??? Dabo is the most knowledgeable coach in the country. Accordingly, he knows what, when, where, who and why... so this "We are being picked on is BS"..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 9:08 PM

Easily the most incoherent post on Tnet in a long time. Put down the bottle before you write.

Any test that can produce a false positive should never

Dec 24, 2018, 7:15 PM

hold a player out of a championship playoff game.

Re: Any test that can produce a false positive should never

Dec 24, 2018, 7:35 PM

All tests can produce false positives. The frequency of false positives is what matters. 3 false positives in ~100 tests is awfully high. Occam's Razor cuts deep here. I would not get my hopes up.

My first response would be to have it tested at another 3rd

Dec 24, 2018, 7:55 PM

party lab.

Make sure results are consistent, but time is such a crunch that it could be difficult to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GC/MS could happen in a couple of hours if expedited...

Dec 24, 2018, 8:58 PM

I was doing those in a lab when the database was a huge library of books in the mid-70s... Current databases would make it a breeze.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GC/MS could happen in a couple of hours if expedited...

Dec 24, 2018, 9:27 PM

Ya I want to know what kind of test was run on sample A. My wife is director of operations and has a science degree from clemson so knows it well.

Depending on type of test run on sample A determines a lot. If they ran what is called a dipstick test on A that pops false positive all the time. If they ran a GC or LCMS those guys are pretty much screwed. Just don’t know the process NCAA uses if anyone knows please update.

Good news most private companies use dipstick for their drug testing so hope NCAA does as well.

I don't either but I highly doubt they're doing GC or MS on

Dec 24, 2018, 9:35 PM

the first sample... Both Dex and Brandon had foot injuries and I believe Giella had some sort of injury, all at the beginning of the year... Perhaps their meds contained ostarine...That would present as a 'medical exception' if I'm correctly reading the NCAA rules someone posted earlier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't either but I highly doubt they're doing GC or MS on

Dec 24, 2018, 9:46 PM

There is no FDA approved prescription medication with Ostarine in it. I read many supplements labeled “legal” have varying amounts of this supplement which is clearly illegal. There is no medical justification around this test. Our best hope is these were false positives and the confirmation tests will be negative.

Dec 24, 2018, 9:59 PM

Google Tim Means.

Top 10 MMA fighter. He was taking prescribed supplements from GNC which were unoknowingly contaminated with Ostarine. Failed a drug test and almost lost his career until his prescribed supplements were tested and he was exhonerated.

Ostarine is in a lot of stuff. Ingredients for hair products, energy drinks, vitamins, supplements, etc. Its in so much stuff and its hard ti detect.

Stop blaming the kid, its clear he didnt know it was in whatever he ingested.

Dec 24, 2018, 10:24 PM

Supplements are not prescribed, that is why they are called supplements. No FDA regulations. Not proven to treat or cure any disease and contents vary widely.

Gas chromatography mass spectrometry isn't

Dec 24, 2018, 9:46 PM

A mcguyver box

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic