Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My final thought on Donald Sterling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

My final thought on Donald Sterling

Apr 29, 2014, 12:35 PM

Ok let's put a little plot twist on this situation. Let's say a black owner comes along and says he doesn't want whites to come to the game, he doesn't want Larry Bird to come. There would be a million people at his neck, calling for his job. It blows my mind to see people on here saying "aww Donald's not racist, he's prejudice" OR "it's his black GF fault" for one: she's not even black, doesn't have black in her. Donald Sterling showed his true colors but there's still people that turn there back on the truth! It doesn't matter if he was in his home, it was a private conversation. It wasn't private if it was recorded! He showed his true colors and how he really feels about blacks. Donald Sterling has a past of this type of behavior. Do you know he has sexual harassment charges still pending? He has a past of talking down on the homeless in Korea town? It's not just these recent comments that makes this man less of man. It's a variety of reported incedents by this man, he should've been gone! To say this man is not a racist is dog sh!t. He says "You go to Israel, the black jews are treated like dog. Black jews are treated less then white jews" His girlfriend says "dont you know you have a team full of blacks?" he goes on and says "yes I know, I feed them. I clothe them. I buy them cars" this man is a damm racist! forget being prejudice, once again people turn their back on a racial situation. This man should not own the Clippers! He needs to be gone! Now let's see who disagree, go ahead.... Show your true colors

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm extremely bias, as are many, against

Apr 29, 2014, 12:37 PM

walls-o-text.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel it would be more appropriate to say "Prejudiced

Apr 29, 2014, 1:41 PM

against walls-o-text".

YWIA ahead of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

ok girly man, feel this... those not to hang with on gameday

Apr 29, 2014, 1:57 PM

- rocky the tiger
- host of others[they know who they are]

how ya like bias now?

mhs head more than twice

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Angry much ? You been hangin' with

Apr 30, 2014, 6:46 AM

smed at the club after hrs some more ?

No wonder you are sounding more intelligent lately - and racially diverse, as well.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Angry much ? You been hangin' with

Apr 30, 2014, 6:54 AM

Jesse got tired of the gays getting all the press

me angry? never. and smed is cute, nothing angry 'bout that.***

Apr 30, 2014, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Angry much ? You been hangin' with ]

LOL...must be a coot

Apr 29, 2014, 12:39 PM

English major...

If Sterling's GF is not black, then what is

Apr 29, 2014, 12:43 PM

Obummer?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15302482#15302482

She is of mixed race....

Apr 29, 2014, 1:27 PM

a portion of which, by her own admission, is black.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I love the Twilight Zone. Probably my favorite TV show!***

Apr 29, 2014, 12:45 PM

Re: My final thought on Donald Sterling

Apr 29, 2014, 12:46 PM

You must remember....there are more than one Donald Sterling in this world and yes some are on Tigernet. They will cheer for T. Boyd, S. Watkins, and C.J. Spiller but will still have those same sentiments. They will justify anything....

Apr 29, 2014, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 29, 2014, 12:55 PM

Cant tell if serious regarding your plot twist.

People would call for his job, but he would be defended differently. Black on white racism doesnt have the same juice as white on black racism. Black on white is tolerated all the time.

At the end of the day I do not care about Sterling one bit. He is an old man who is set in his ways and thats not likely to change. He owns the team outright and can do as he pleases. Those comments were made in private and it should stay that way. If you want to start airing folks dirty laundry (regarding personal thoughts) and then we would have some major trouble in sports.

Im not a CLippers or NBA fan and I'd be willing to bet you arent either. If its really a problem then the current personnel, players and coaches would leave. The man has done plenty of crap in the past but no one cared then.

How do you the girlfriend "doesn't have black in her"?

Apr 29, 2014, 12:56 PM

It's very possible she has at some point.... ;)

ooooooooohhhhhhhh!

Apr 29, 2014, 1:22 PM

lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donald Sterling is absolutely a racist and a bigot....

Apr 29, 2014, 12:56 PM

but you cannot use his opinions and views, no matter how deplorable, as the basis to force him to sell his NBA franchise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MLB did it to Marge Schott

Apr 29, 2014, 1:33 PM

and I think you absolutely can for something like this. This kind of falls under a morals type thing for a job. He's giving a black eye to the league. Giving it lots of very negative press and, who knows, maybe even creating a revolt of its players. You can't create something like that and have it tolerated. It must be dealt with and the NBA needs to figure out a way to force him out. Sterling isn't a victim. He brought this on himself and needs to suffer the consequences.

I know there are lots of racists and bigots out there (some on here too) and I don't really care for what they think. All people need to be treated with respect. To think that a person is still looked upon in a negative way just b/c of the color of their skin or sexual orientation here in 2014 just blows my mind. Sure there are tons of crappy individuals out there, both white and black, but they aren't crappy b/c of the color of their skin its b/c of who they are. You can't just make a blanket statement about people without even knowing them. Get to know them first. Then again I guess not much really should surprise me in this world anymore...

a "black" eye?? Come on, you racist.***

Apr 29, 2014, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Uhhh...no....they didn't.

Apr 29, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to MLB did it to Marge Schott ]

While MLB, on at least two occasions, banned her from day-to-day operations, facing yet another ban, and largely due to her failing health, she actually agreed to sell her controlling interest in the Reds. For practical purposes, her ownership agreement was about to expire and the other limited partners planned to oust her anyway.

They did exactly what the NBA is doing to Sterling

Apr 29, 2014, 3:51 PM

They forced her out. She didn't give it up. They took away all her power and made her sell. I don't go by quoting wikipedia. There were no mention of health problems back then all the talk was making her sell. Her real health problems didn't start till the early 2000s.

http://articles.philly.com/1998-10-22/sports/25762626_1_reds-owner-marge-schott-ken-hofmann

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-28/sports/chi-donald-sterling-marge-schott-20140428_1_racial-slurs-cincinnati-reds-marge-schott

Bud Selig....

Apr 29, 2014, 4:21 PM

who, at the time was baseball’s acting commissioner, specifically said that disciussions with Schott never included any discussion about forcing her to sell the Reds. Althjough Fay Vincent did say that she was a constant sight, inhebriated, chain-smoking, signing autographs and bringing her dog to the ballpark and people got tired of dealing with her. Seling would late force Schott to give-up operation of the franchise.

Vincent would later say, "They made it clear to her that she had to sell. I wasn't involved, but my recollection is that they wanted her out out."

when did I get in North Korea?

Apr 29, 2014, 1:24 PM

because this is America buddy, where you have the right to say whatever you #### well please, especially over the phone in a private conversation. If I was him I would not budge and let Magic Johnson take over his team.

TL:DR

Apr 29, 2014, 2:01 PM

The joke's on everybody actually paying attention to that doushnozzle cuz in the privacy of his own home he worships the Pagan diety Anyiewo.

I'm racist against people that don't use paragraphs.

Apr 29, 2014, 2:02 PM

There will be a burning cross in your yard soon.

Re: I'm racist against people that don't use paragraphs.

Apr 29, 2014, 3:45 PM

I thought you just burned run on sentences. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What sad is he won

Apr 29, 2014, 2:04 PM

his 2nd lifetime achievment award from the NAACP.

Apr 29, 2014, 3:51 PM

Good effin grief at the OP - dude - Blacks don't even date Blacks that are 'darker' than they are. I've experienced that numerous times in my life. It is very common. If that's not racist - then you need to re-read it until you understand it.

For me - if a man can't choose who he wants to socialize with, then you are denying him his rights as an American. Guess what - YOU probably won't ever invite me to your dinner table, and vice-versa. Is that really all that different than what Sterling did? Hell no it's not. So get over it. Stop drawing the race card every ###### time your feelings get hurt. Slavery ended 300 frickin' years ago. It's time to move on dude.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic