Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My favourite player...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,565

My favourite player...

Jun 3, 2020, 3:58 PM

We have had a lot of great players over the years but one that has always stuck in my heart is Patrick Sapp. Switching to defence after getting benched from QB. He just had that attitude to do whatever to help the team. I remember him getting his first sack and I just remember this euphoric pride. I guess it's that feeling you get when you see someone get knocked down in life and then they rise above stronger. He had a monster season that year and then went on to the NFL. To me, he was the ultimate team player and that's why I wear a No.3 jersey to this day.

Who's your special player?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My favourite player...

Jun 3, 2020, 4:09 PM

Mine is Jerry Butler - one reason is that I worked at his high school when he was being recruited and saw how patient he was with Red Parker who would not commit to a FB scholarship to this future All American during the normal timeframe of recruiting. Jerry had to agree to a track scholarship which meant at that time he couldn't play football his freshman year, Parker was saving his last scholarship for Steve Fuller who did not commit until well after Signing Day. A football scholarship did not open up until well into the summer ( I think due to an auto accident to another recruit) but Jerry wanted to be at Clemson so much that he waited . And became one of the best players ever with one of the most memorable catches of Clemson's history.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 5:18 PM

Andy Headon was a similar player to Sapp. Came to Clemson as a QB then switched over to defense and became the "Bandit" in Tom Harper's scheme in early 80's. I had a few classes with him & he was a good guy. Great athlete that was drafted by the Giants and played 5+ years for them, I think.

Jun 3, 2020, 6:43 PM

Headon was great in CU and NFL. Neck or head injury shortened a great carer as I recall

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 5:36 PM

Gaines Adams.

The last game I watched (on TV) with my dad before he died from cancer was the WF game where Gaines blocked the field goal to turn it around.

Funny part, it was my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary, and they were having a celebration at their church. We watched up until the end of the 3rd quarter (as they were lining up for the field goal that was blocked). We had to leave for the church, and turned the TV off during the commercial prior to the start of the 4th quarter. He said that it just wasn't the Tigers day.

We didn't listen to the game on the way to church and there was a coot grad who came up to me later and told us how lucky we were. I asked what he meant...thinking it was some type of joke, and he started laughing, realizing I didn't know the final score.

My dad and I re-watched it from start to finish that night.

Heck of a never give up message from a family that needed that message at the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 5:41 PM
BB.webp(89.2 K)

Ben Boulware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Me Some #10 !!!!!!!!!

Jun 3, 2020, 5:42 PM
index.jpg(76.1 K)

GO BEN !!!!!

Jun 3, 2020, 6:18 PM

Ole Woody Dantzler! So exciting - running and throwing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Steward inspired me

Jun 3, 2020, 6:22 PM

He dealt with so much adversity (on the field and off), but kept on fighting. Hope things have turned out well for him.

Also, Grady Jarrett. All effort, all the time. I told his Mom that he was my favorite player while he was an underclass man and far overshadowed by many more highly regarded teammates. All he did was put the work in and grind, and look where he is now.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 6:24 PM

Terry Kinard.... big time headhunter out there on the field......he would knock your lights out jack......Go Tigers!!!!

Jun 3, 2020, 6:48 PM

Hunter Renfrow. He did more with less than anyone I can recall at Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before we had "Third and Renfrow" . . .

Jun 3, 2020, 10:13 PM

We had Michael Palmer . . . loved the way he quietly went about his business . . . He was especially fun to watch on third and short yardage . . . Sweet hands on the sit-down routes, working the middle of the field . . . One of my unsung favorites!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun Watson***

Jun 3, 2020, 10:44 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,565
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic