Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My NOLA experience last weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,401

My NOLA experience last weekend

Jan 16, 2020, 9:41 PM

There has been a lot posted so I know this is Germans but here's my take.

I spent 3 years in New Orleans and Baton Rouge from 1985 to 1988. This year I took my two adult daughters (who are both Clemson Alums) to the game. I was really disappointed in the behavior of the LSU fan base, in-general. My experience was not what I had anticipated, nor what I had set the expectations for with my daughters.

I attended many games at Tiger Stadium in the mid-80s and fully partook in extensive partying all the time. At no time did I or any of my friends act toward visiting fans the way I had so many verbally attack me and my family this weekend. I certainly never heard the STTDB chant n the stands when I was there in the 80s.

This was not a 'few'. The majority of the folks we encountered were either smug and unfriendly or plain obnoxious. A much smaller portion were extremely gracious and friendly.

I did not attend the game because I gave my daughters my two tickets. I watched with a friend at the Dave and Buster's down the street from the Superdome. The crowd was a mob mentality. While the very few - literally like 10 out of about 500 people - Clemson fans got excited and high five'd each other when we were doing good, none were obnoxious or deserved what we got when LSU took control of the game. It was very, very ugly and turned into a mob. When I left the bar with about 7 minutes left, it was like exiting through a gauntlet. I took the high road (like most Clemson fans do) and stuck out my hand to everyone that was flipping me off or singing 'na na na na..good bye' and a few returned the hand shake but most were shocked and continued their vulgarity.

I always admired and rooted for LSU against other SEC teams in the past. After my visit this weekend I don't think I can any further.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My NOLA experience last weekend

Jan 16, 2020, 9:53 PM

I can honestly say I have never encountered anything like I saw after the game. We were walking back to our hotel and stopped to grab a bottle of wine at an upscale grocery store to take to our hotel room and the manager of the store came to us to say we needed to get a move on because it was going to get ugly as he feared the LSU crowd was about to be out of control. He said they didn't know how to win and he was right. I have never seen or heard anything like what I saw and experienced. Every other word thrown at us was an f bomb and this was coming from both old and young. As a former Clemson player I have had things thrown at me and cussed but never to this level. We should consider dropping them from future schedules.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My experience was not as bad as yours

Jan 16, 2020, 9:54 PM

and none did anything directly to me, but I did observe many of them being pretty obnoxious.

It is what it is. Different culture rooted in a distinct and odd area of the country.

I'll at least give them this--they don't PRETEND to be anything they are not. They are classless and they own. No apologies. They seems to have the perspective of "love us, hate us, we don't care". Maybe there's something to that.

Re: My NOLA experience last weekend

Jan 16, 2020, 10:05 PM

I've pulled for LSU for 45 years, but I no longer will after Monday night.

I too used to pull for LSU to beat their SEC rivals.

Jan 16, 2020, 10:10 PM

The past two weeks soured my taste in the swamp bengles for good. I respect them outcoaching our team to win the championship this year, but that's as far as it goes. I truely hope the bayou devils don't sniff another sec championship, much less a Natty.

GO TIGERS!!!!

They know the truth and hates us

Jan 17, 2020, 6:45 AM

We are here to stay in the playoffs and win more national championships. They are Cinderella that has returned to the torn dress, no shoes, mice and pumpkin but there is no prince coming to whisk them away. They are screwed and stuck in their miserable existence in a hell hole of a state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,401
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic