Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My experience at CockRoach stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

My experience at CockRoach stadium

Aug 4, 2014, 5:35 PM

I bring this up because of the A&M fan wanting info of SC fans

I forget what year but the year CJ ran the opening kickoff back for a td, I fought with a coot for three quarters.

The coot said "I wish someone would break his neck." (Talking about CJ)

I thought that was far and beyond normal smack talk. We finally left in the third quarter because of my pregnant wife. If she hadn't been there me and my buddy that also went WOULD have fought the dude and his buddies. I know all Coots don't behave like that but NONE of his coot buddies in his party tried to talk sense into him which lead us to assume that they all agreed with him.

To this day, coot stadium is the ONLY stadium my wife doesn't want me at.

We've been to many games, we've been to games at Coastal Carolina(since we're 30 minutes away) and I've never heard anything close to what that moron said and repeated that day in cootlumbia.

(Disclaimer for the bored Coots that can't comprehend, I realize all Coots don't behave in that manner and don't continue pushing an issue around PREGNANT women but this was my experience the last time I went to a game at coot stadium)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My experience at CockRoach stadium

Aug 4, 2014, 5:42 PM

My first and last game at the roach was Charlie Whitehurt's last year if I recall correctly. We were finishing up a decade of dominance and they were still as arrogant and mouthy as ever. No doubt it was the most toxic environment I have ever been in. I heard more profanity just walking into the stadium than I had in an entire season of going to Clemson games. I sat in the lower bowl surrounded by Clemson fans so I probably had a better time than most. But saw a few of my fellow Tiger fans get copious amounts of liquid dumped on them from above. They pride themselves on making visiting fans feel unwelcome. They view it as a badge of honor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What, no babies thrown off the upper deck? What a shame!***

Aug 4, 2014, 5:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was 2009.***

Aug 4, 2014, 6:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: That was 2009.***

Aug 4, 2014, 6:08 PM

Thanks. I thought about the year after I posted this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2014, 6:44 PM

I was at that game. It's the last time I will ever step foot in that armpit. I was there with my GF. I left in the third to keep from having to fight the idiots around me. It got progressively worse every other year and that one was why I won't go back. It was dangerous going to the game and returning to the car. Drunk hoodlums everywhere. My advice to A&M fans: watch it on TV.

If you want to see how sc fans are

Aug 4, 2014, 8:00 PM

There is a YouTube video of a newsreporter from Columbia interviewing some fans live and yeah you guessed it a fan yells out the F- word even after she instisted on not using bad language, that coot fan probably doesn't know F-word is a bad word bless his heart, but I heard from a chicken fan I work with that LSU pissed on some sc fans during a game, don't know if that really happened but that is really freaking gross even if you don't like coots.

LOL

Aug 4, 2014, 8:46 PM

and what is wrong with that?

LSU pissed on some sc fans during a game

Chickens eat their own poop (seriously, for nutrients since they don't eat foliage).

They just needed something to wash it down with

Re: LOL

Aug 4, 2014, 9:21 PM

Lmao ^^

No wonder chickens like cootlumbia so much ...

Aug 5, 2014, 12:41 AM [ in reply to LOL ]

full of feces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few years ago (2007 I believe)....

Aug 5, 2014, 8:42 AM [ in reply to If you want to see how sc fans are ]

Georgia Tech was playing West Virginia in the Gator Bowl.

During halftime, a West Virginia fan dropped a deuce in the section where the Georgia Tech band had been sitting.

The really sad part is, if you have ever spent any time around West Virginia fans, this would not surprise or shock you at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's almost as bad as the NC State fan(s) pissing in their

Aug 5, 2014, 10:43 AM

own seats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was on the hill in 2006 at the GT game

Aug 5, 2014, 10:51 AM

And my clemson buddy pissed right there on the hill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

So you're using your friends to insult Clemson?

Aug 5, 2014, 10:53 AM

What does that say about you and who you associate yourself with?

At least he had a higher SAT score than you.

As a drunk college student

Aug 5, 2014, 10:56 AM

I would have done it in Columbia if I could have gotten away with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was on the hill in 2006 at the GT game

Aug 5, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I was on the hill in 2006 at the GT game ]

You seem very believable, '09. Throw in an old Clemson man spitting on a Carolina co-ed and you'll sway the crowd.

You'd have to be a complete ####### to #### on the hill

Aug 5, 2014, 11:18 AM

You're standing ### to elbows over there, especially for a big game like that.

I spent that game ('09) being called an "ACC f@ggot" by a

Aug 4, 2014, 8:08 PM

fat, trashed frat ######...

I would've been upset but I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Even after he yelled it for the umpteenth time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2014, 12:23 AM

No doubt. It's bad every where. It's by far worse in Athens, though. Not even close. Just wait.
Heck, Even a SC players mom was hit over the head in 2010 in DV. Bad fans are EVERYWHERE.

Aug 5, 2014, 9:25 AM

You are so full #### your breath stinks.

Go away coot boy

Got to throw a dig in at Clemson don't you coot??***

Aug 5, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: My experience at CockRoach stadium ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2014, 10:14 AM

I'm happy to assist any Texas A&M folks ... wonderful place and school is Texas A&M.

I've attended games at about 50 stadiums around our USA and three stand out as unattractive ... the Williams Brice scene at Columbia is one of those three.

Your inquiry mentioned fans and the title mentions the stadium. Fans ... worst ever at South Carolina and Montana Tech. Stadium ... worst ever at South Carolina and Arizona.

I've attended two games in Columbia ... 1969 and 2007 (?) ... the 13-9 Clemson win. It's hard to remember the 1969 scene but the recent one is vivid. The chickens took the lead in the 4th quarter of a low scoring game and were super excited. Clemson received the ensuing KO and proceeded to get into a 1st and 35 hole. From that, the Tigers made the 1st down, James Davis ran 48 yards through about 6 tackles and the Tigers deflated the SC crowd. The SC fans were understandable unhappy ... but leaving the stadium was more unpleasant than I choose to ever endure again. It is an unpleasantness exacerbated by the stadium that constricts crowd flow and thus requires that one stand amid SC fans ... who are ... unpleasant. Too much standing ... too unpleasant.

As I dislike being unpleasant myself, I will balance this post with: Best fans ... Georgia Tech and Texas A&M. Best Stadium ... UTEP and Missouri (of the "Big" schools)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you admittedly fought with the guy?

Aug 5, 2014, 10:24 AM

That guy is so classless but you aren't?

I love the victim mentality that fans have. It's always someone else that's the bad guy.

In 2010 after Nuk scored the TD this guy in his 30s turned around and screamed woo hoo in my face. I didn't argue back, I just felt bad for his two young daughters.

Re: So you admittedly fought with the guy?

Aug 5, 2014, 10:35 AM

I am glad that you were able to overcome the trauma of an in your face woohoo. It has felled many a man.

Wouldn't your comments

Aug 5, 2014, 10:39 AM

Be better served for the OP who wanted a physical confrontation about a mean comment about CJ Spiller.

Duck off.

Aug 5, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to So you admittedly fought with the guy? ]

iPhone autocorrect.

Quick question....

Aug 5, 2014, 10:55 AM [ in reply to So you admittedly fought with the guy? ]

Why are you even posting on TigerNet? You made a promise several yrs ago that you would never post on TigerNet again. IMO, that makes you a liar and you want to talk about class???

Re: So you admittedly fought with the guy?

Aug 5, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to So you admittedly fought with the guy? ]

It's funny how I only remember hearing 2 or 3 of these stories up until the loss in 2009 and now Columbia has turned into a war zone! It seems like one guy and his small children got cussed at in 2005, someone had a drunk guy drinking Crown Royal behind them in 1999, and someone's car got keyed back in 1991. Now all of a sudden, with a 5 game losing streak, some people would rather walk down the streets of Detroit at 2am than go to a football game in Columbia. Does that strike anyone else as odd?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic