Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My email to the BCS committee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

My email to the BCS committee

Nov 25, 2013, 8:20 AM

To BCS officials:
Please explain how Clemson, with a win 52-6, goes from a computer ranking of 7 to a computer ranking of 10? Clemson is ranked 4th in both Harris and USA Today Coaches while Missouri is 6 and 6. Their computer ranking went from 8 to 5. Something smells SEC fishy here.

Missouri’s lone loss is to 9-2 South Carolina, while Clemson lone loss is to 11-0 FSU. Both Clemson and Missouri lost at HOME.

You owe Tiger fans a splaining!

Regards,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know it doesn't do any real good, but it let's them know

Nov 25, 2013, 8:24 AM

that we, at least, see and understand what is going on, that they aren't " pulling the wool over anyone's eyes" if you will.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't care if you know or not so long as they get their million$.***

Nov 25, 2013, 8:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

well, the nerve ! ok, i know you are 110% right, but i still

Nov 25, 2013, 4:47 PM

like to make my feelings known. and yes, most times at my own detriment, but, by golly, they know i am still out here, and i am not yet the last of a dying breed !

Re: My email to the BCS committee

Nov 25, 2013, 8:29 AM

It all goes back to the sec bias. It is not rocket science. Instead, it is just prejudice raising it's ugly head again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2013, 8:31 AM

Dear Bengaline -

Clemson's SOS dropped when it played FCS The Citadel while Missouri's improved when playing a top 25 team.

Thanks for the letter,

The BCS

Nope, coot...numbers dont change that much***

Nov 25, 2013, 8:38 AM

Re: Nope, coot...numbers dont change that much***

Nov 25, 2013, 8:48 AM

Yes they do, see my post below

Re: Nope, coot...numbers dont change that much***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Nope, coot...numbers dont change that much*** ]

You, sir, are an idiot. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.mtv.com/onair/two_a_days/assets/season_2/images/flipbooks/episodes/finale/fb_10.jpg

The better question is how did Missouri move up so fast

Nov 25, 2013, 8:32 AM

in the first place.

They jumped from unranked to 14th after UGA and then from 14 to 5 after beating UF. That same UF team that just lost to Georgia Southern. Missouri's only "quality win" isn't quality at all.

On the flip side, Miami only moved up 6 spots after beating UF.

Nov 25, 2013, 8:34 AM

Pretty simple

While people / pollsters / fans all know Clemson beat UGA at full strength, the computers dont think that

UGA dropping from the rankings stole Clemson's lone win over top 25 team

It's technology, simple to understand it uses absolutes rather than what ifs. Not really a place for it due to it should matter that Clemson scheduled a tougher opponent from one of the best conferences and beat them at full strength. Can't do anything any better yet get punished by computers

Other teams have had bye weeks and dropped or even won and dropped, it all depends on the teams winning around you in the rankigns, sucks when it happens to your team

So, Liknchkn...how do explain USuC's top ten ranking??? espe

Nov 25, 2013, 8:45 AM

especially given your UGa explanation and the fact that your win over Fla is naught after this weekend???and losing to Tenn???

That doesn't work

Nov 25, 2013, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: My email to the BCS committee ]

Missouri's hasn't beaten anyone currently in the rankings either. So if UGA isn't helping us, it isn't helping Missouri.

Missouri jumped 9 spots after beating a team that just lost to a FCS opponent. Where is that "computer adjustment?"

Nov 25, 2013, 8:36 AM

You didn't need to email the BCS, because the explanation is simple.

It sucks we dropped, but we all knew this was going to happen since we played a 1AA team. The computers kill you for that. I think it's a little bit much, but this is what happens when you've got a bunch of algorithms deciding who's a better football team.

Just to show this isn't a great conspiracy, South Carolina went from 10th in the computers to 12th. We went from 7th to 10th. We fell more spot because one team in between us in the computers (Mizzou) beat a Top 25 team, so they jumped in the rankings. Even Bama slipped in the computers since they played Chattanooga. FSU played a hot-garbage Idaho team, but they're still 1A, so they got more credit than Bama. These were the three teams in the Top 25 who played 1AA schools and they all dropped in the computer rankings.

If we win this weekend, we'll almost certainly jump Mizzou.

what about the teams that jumped- with bye's ? 1-aa teams

Nov 25, 2013, 5:29 PM

are a tad stronger than that. not in this debate, i am just wondering about your explanation on that. ( and i do buy your answer on the post i replied to)

I have been saying this all season

Nov 25, 2013, 8:39 AM

the ONLY poll hat matters comes out NEXT week! Beat the cooters and we will be in.

opps. should be two weeks.......

Nov 25, 2013, 8:40 AM

sorry

Nov 25, 2013, 8:43 AM

Also we forget the teams outside the top 25, Mizzou beat Ole Miss who was #22 and may still be int he top 30

Maryland Syracuse, BC, Wake are maybe top 50 or 60

Beating teams like that hurt us more than a loss to FSU

The ACC keeps screwing Clemson week in week out

The UGA win still counts since they are ranked like an ole miss in the top 30,

Add them up

Okla St has wins over 4 top 25 teams and who knows how many in the top 40

USC has several wins (barely or not) over top 40 teams.

None of this matter to us outside of top 25 the only reason I bring it up is the people are complaining about the computer models which do take it into acct

That is where the change with the SEc comes in. They have 90% of their teams in the top 45. Sure we all think they suck but look at recruiting, 300 lb linemen, etc, they are all up there in the top 30 in recruiting with many in the top 20

The bottom of the ACC is never in the top 50 that is the biggest difference. Clemson and FSU can beat anyone in the SEC but after that it drops significantly. Bama, Auburn, LSU, USC, Mizzou, Texas A&M can beat most of the ACC and that is the simple difference. The lower level plays out every year, Vandy smokes Wake year in year out

You are delusional***

Nov 25, 2013, 8:46 AM

Nov 25, 2013, 9:09 AM

Clemson grad and Iptay member but with a touch of reality

Like it or not the computers look at more than people

We can all say Vandy is Vandy, we can all say Syracuse sucks too

The issue is in the overall rankings, Vandy is top 40 where Syracuse is top 80 that hurts the overall schedule along with a UVA team that is 2-9

Clemson has too many Syracuse type wins and it hurts more than teams with several wins over top 30 or even top 40 teams

The computer take that into consideration. That is all I am saying right or wrong that is the process

Look at the teams Clemson has wins over, sure they are 30 point wins but the teams are bad so there is no love by the computers

The pollsters have had Clemson ranked highly all year and that is what matters

LSU moving-up five spots is the biggest joke***

Nov 25, 2013, 9:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LSU moving-up five spots is the biggest joke***

Nov 25, 2013, 9:16 AM

How? They destroyed the #12 team in the nation. Oklahoma played K-State, UCF played Rutgers, Louisville barely edged out Memphis and UCLA was beaten by ASU....why is this a joke? It's not like they moved up into the Top 12 teams.

Please let us know how that goes for you...***

Nov 25, 2013, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2013, 9:29 AM

How many teams have spanked a # 12 team at home with a heisman trohpy qb like LSU did

I think they deserve a big move

what a reach***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:38 AM

Nov 25, 2013, 9:31 AM

Why are none of these rankings ever shown how they were arrived at? Show me the math and the numbers put into the computer. BCS is a joke because it just makes it easier for the human element to alter the numbers. Playoff this year screw the BCS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's easy. We beat a bad 1-AA team so our SOS dropped

Nov 25, 2013, 10:40 AM

Thus, our computer avg dropped.

Pollsters still have us high, can't blame anybody for this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic