Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My daughter, the conservative snowflake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

My daughter, the conservative snowflake

Nov 10, 2016, 8:31 AM

So my daughter voted Trump in her first election. Most of our extended family are Trumpers ( or severely anti-Clinton). I'm the black sheep as I voted Johnson and was a Kasich supporter.

So snowflake follows politics pretty closely and has a huge net of friends as defined by fb or Twitter. She is finishing up college at a private yet somewhat conservative college.

Now snowflake wants to go off fb because some of her college friends have started posting "not my president." And a few have posted F Trump! Oh yeah, and omg people on campus were protesting.

Yes snowflake, half the people in the country think something different than you. Doesn't make them evil. If you believe in your convictions then try to start a dialogue with these people or understand why they think Trump sucks. Then you can tell them why your candidate was better.

Or you can be like TNet ...just call them a libtard commie and defriend them and stay in your echo chamber.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, congrats for raising her right...

Nov 10, 2016, 8:32 AM

Second, pigs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem with her and others like it...

Nov 10, 2016, 8:53 AM

And I'm not trying to be harsh on her, cause she's young, but...

She and many others who voted for Trump actually think he's a good guy and a good candidate. He's neither. It's time everyone quit their little deity worship and accept it.

Hillary isn't a good person or a good candidate. Congrats to Trumpies; you defeated her. But do not act like he's your savior.

We're starting to see the cult/hero worship form, and this is the first step towards a populous that wants authoritarianism. I want us to give the man a fair chance when he enters in January, but do not, in any way, shape, or form, try to sell us a narrative that he's an ideal choice for president or someone for you to adore.

He's garbage. Hillary's garbage. America decided which one was less garbage in their opinions. That's it.

Trumpies have to stop the worship. And that goes for the crowd on this board.

Do not forget that you elected a socially liberal man. You can cover your ears and pretend you didn't, but you elected a man who supports gay marriage, is pro-choice, supports social welfare programs, and has had multiple affairs. There is nothing conservative about him. So stop pretending he's your conservative savior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

In addendum...

Nov 10, 2016, 8:54 AM

I mean the collective "you," not you specifically, ninetytwo (you already said you didn't vote for him). And nothing against your daughter. She's young. She'll learn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

That's an amazing analysis from her reaction....

Nov 10, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to The problem with her and others like it... ]

I will give you that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's an amazing analysis from her reaction....

Nov 10, 2016, 9:01 AM

Getting angry because people say, "Not my president!"? Yeah, that's delving into the hero worship. She voted for a garbage candidate over one garbage candidate. No Trump voter should be getting upset about anything that follows as a result. He is not a man to worship.

Now, if he comes into office and suddenly becomes the greatest president in our nation's history, okay. I'll concede.

Re: That's an amazing analysis from her reaction....

Nov 10, 2016, 9:12 AM

One part I left out is that many of the posts are vulgar. I think that is bothering her because to her saying FU Trump is that same as saying FU to those who voted. And maybe it is.

However, she needs to understand why people are concerned. Digging this thread but have to join a conference call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you may be right....

Nov 10, 2016, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: That's an amazing analysis from her reaction.... ]

Are you a psychologist or something? I'm not. Just seems like you are making a lot of subjective assumptions. I voted for Trump. People posting stupid stuff on social media irritates me. Probably why I stay off of it most of the time. I stay away from politics and religion there as much as I can. I don't think it's the forum.

Furthermore, Trump is not my savior. He's got a lot of work to do. My subjective opinion is that Obama has been a terrible leader. He hasn't destroyed the country like many had predicted. Seeing how Clinto was pretty much going to build on Obama's methods (i.e. demeaning her opposition) I made a choice based on my own personal biases.

But the equation that combines voting for a person with not liking criticism to equal giving someone savior status escapes me.

Then obviously you don't fit into that group I mentioned.***

Nov 10, 2016, 9:19 AM

Honesty....

Nov 10, 2016, 9:50 AM

And the last thing I want to do is create an enemy, but you sound like someone extremely upset about the election results and want to appear to be someone taking the high road. However, posts like above seem to carry overtones of bitterness.

I am guilty as well of making blanket assumptions of people I don't know, and I suspect I'll do it again, but I'm not seeing your conclusion that not liking what people post on social media can ONLY mean the object of the criticism is one's savior.

Re: Honesty....

Nov 10, 2016, 12:28 PM

And the last thing I want to do is create an enemy, but you sound like someone extremely upset about the election results and want to appear to be someone taking the high road. However, posts like above seem to carry overtones of bitterness.

Buddy, I was gonna be upset about the results regardless of the outcome. Unless Johnson somehow pulled off a miracle.

I remember the insanity following 9/11 and the Bush worship. The right tends to become more fervent and obsessive about their chosen leaders than the left does. I don't want to see it again.

LOLOLOLOLOL wut?!?!?

Nov 10, 2016, 12:49 PM

"The right tends to become more fervent and obsessive about their chosen leaders than the left does."

hahahahahahahahahahaha! Lawdy that's funny. Where have you been the past 8 years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were you during Bush?

Nov 10, 2016, 2:03 PM

Are you kidding me? There were people calling for the use of the Sedition Acts to try people for treason if they so much as criticized Bush. People called for actual legal punishment and the ruining of their lives if they criticized him.

Who were those people?

Nov 10, 2016, 2:27 PM

I don't remember, I was in middle and high school for a large portion of his tenure. I do vividly remember the Obama followers though. They're actually still with us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's a caricature many created to fit their political...

Nov 10, 2016, 2:33 PM

side.

Born mostly out of a few folks' comments and nutty people on message boards.

No one of consequence wanted to lock people up for simply being critical of the POTUS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they are both talking about followers

Nov 10, 2016, 2:39 PM

and not people of consequence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were senators saying that people opposed Obamacare

Nov 10, 2016, 2:42 PM

because Obama was black.

Well that's not hero worship so much as

Nov 10, 2016, 2:43 PM

underhanded political tactics

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't you remember the schoolkids singing songs about Bush?

Nov 10, 2016, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Who were those people? ]

maybe that was somebody else, I forget because I'm old and my gray matter has shrunken.

https://youtu.be/Qp-ot_vChlU

https://youtu.be/1yq0tMYPDJQ

This might have been what you were thinking about

Nov 10, 2016, 2:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvIOPiKFrs

:)

that's the one....thanks!!***

Nov 10, 2016, 3:02 PM

Re: The problem with her and others like it...

Nov 10, 2016, 8:57 AM [ in reply to The problem with her and others like it... ]

'We're starting to see the cult/hero worship form, and this is the first step towards a populous that wants authoritarianism."

Same could be said about any president, including President Obama yet we're not at authoritarianism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you're right.

Nov 10, 2016, 8:59 AM

But we could have gotten there. And the Obama worshipers probably would have supported some authoritarian measures if he pushed for them to stifle dissent.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to The problem with her and others like it... ]

I don't take that as being harsh at all. I was never a fan of Trump but I get the reasoning some have provided - whether I think it is valid or not - that is another story. My wife - a single issue Trump voter (abortion) - has been calling me George (after George Will) when I said I wouldn't vote Trump.

The voters in our family mostly went Trump because they were anti-Hillary.

What I'm trying to get through to her is that she shouldn't just associate with like minded individuals and it is good to have your ideas challenged - especially in college. Politics is a tough business and now immensely personal. It's too easy to just listen to thinking that reinforces our own. It's good to challenge yourself and your thoughts. Things aren't always as they seem and if anything I want her to be able to think for herself.

You're giving good advice.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:09 AM

I'm a little baffled your wife and others thought Trump was pro-life. He only altered that stance for the election. He won't touch abortion when he gets in office.

I can understand the "go Trump cause not Hillary" stance. I really do. It's the ones who think they've won something or continue to worship the man who baffle me.

Well, they won "not Hillary", and thats something.***

Nov 10, 2016, 9:16 AM

I would guess well over 50% of Trump voters wouldn't mind

Nov 10, 2016, 9:12 AM [ in reply to The problem with her and others like it... ]

if he had a debilitating stroke tomorrow and had to cede the presidency to Pence. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

I was a "Keep Hillary out at all costs" voter. The lifelong corruption and scandal was too much for me to stomach. Trump means nothing to me, and to most people I know who voted for him. This was a "vote-against" election much more than it was a "vote-for" from all facets I can see.

The Trump-worship is really only a very small sector of the population.

I can understand where you're coming from.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:14 AM

I hope you're right that the Trump worship is a small sector. But I fear they may become a very vocal and authoritarian sector. We'll see.

every Presidential election begins with end-of-world fears

Nov 10, 2016, 9:22 AM

coming from the losing side.

Yet, what are the results?

Pretty sure we're 0-fer in Presidents destroying our way of life.

Thankfully we have a system...

Nov 10, 2016, 9:33 AM

That can stop presidents from ruining us completely. Or at all.

And I'm confident Trump won't even attempt half the BS that got his followers all giddy.

He ain't building no wall. He ain't deporting people. He ain't cutting off trade. He ain't investigating Hillary.

BINGO!***

Nov 10, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to every Presidential election begins with end-of-world fears ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen who is rioting and being hateful?

Nov 10, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to I can understand where you're coming from. ]

It ain't the Trump supporters.

Re: I would guess well over 50% of Trump voters wouldn't mind

Nov 10, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I would guess well over 50% of Trump voters wouldn't mind ]

I don't know...Pence scares me more than Trump...but for different reasons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2016, 9:21 AM [ in reply to The problem with her and others like it... ]

best thing I've read all day

I'm not sure that American were just voting for the lesser..

Nov 10, 2016, 9:36 AM [ in reply to The problem with her and others like it... ]

of two evils. I think many Trump supporters were hurting from Obama's insurance bill and the open southern border which brings a constant influx of illegals taking advantage of our social programs and healthcare systems.

Folks seem to forget that our manufacturing sector has been decimated by American jobs being shipped to 3rd world countries.

I think this entire episode was a statement against what middle America believes to be a big government crushing them with taxes without representation for the last 30 years.

It's probably that conservatives have abandoned moral conservatism and accepted that such a reversion to real is not practical and has damaged the nation. Perhaps they've decided that fiscal conservatism is the only noble cause they can change.

Perhaps our economy can benefit from a little change in the other direction.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not sure that American were just voting for the lesser..

Nov 10, 2016, 9:47 AM

Perhaps they've decided that fiscal conservatism is the only noble cause they can change.

Then why did they vote for a man who openly states he's going to increase spending in many areas?

Take it easy on me Cat.

Nov 10, 2016, 2:12 PM

I just read the promise sheet so I have no idea how it's changed in the past year and exactly what is was before.

I might suggest that if Trump can return manufacturing jobs to America, rid the country of those who work for sub-minimum wage so all workers are reporting and incite investment in business by cutting corporate taxes we may be able to increase tax revenue naturally instead of loading the middle class with the burden of paying for the increased spending.

I'm not sold on his plans but I doubt he'll check with me before he makes decisions now that he's president elect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My daughter, the conservative snowflake

Nov 10, 2016, 9:35 AM

Good for her. FB is a propaganda site now anyway. Glad she's learned to think for herself.

Or she could do like I do and just ignore

Nov 10, 2016, 9:45 AM

Facebook. I had a friend who used to rant and rave on Facebook until it came time for him to apply for a job. Then he realized the liability. I can go anywhere and anyone can read my sparse Facebook page and see nothing upsetting no matter who they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like how liberals are trying to co-opt the "snowflake" term

Nov 10, 2016, 9:59 AM

but this is a false equivalency.

Safe spaces.

Cancelled midterms due to election results and emotional trauma.

Offering counseling for emotional trauma from the election results.

These are what the snowflakes need or demand. And I'm sure there are conservative snowflakes but by and large this is a liberal phenomenon.

Removed by YOURSELF from FB because some of your friends post mean-spirited, vulgar things about a candidate you supported is just controlling your would. Heck, I see posts from my liberal friends all the time about surrounding yourself with positive people and positive energy. Now you think your daughter is a snowflake for choosing not to expose herself to a vulgar attack on the candidate she supported?

Did she all for their speech to be banned?

Did she try to report them to FB?

Did she say that their comments violated her rights somehow?

Did she ask to get out of her exams because her friends don't all like Trump?

False equivalency.

null

Setting these kids up for failure in life ...

Nov 10, 2016, 10:21 AM

"Cancelled midterms due to election results and emotional trauma.

Offering counseling for emotional trauma from the election results."

How many businesses gave their employees time off to mourn the results? How many are offering counseling?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She should unfriend the mentally unstable.***

Nov 10, 2016, 10:11 AM

Have a dialog with them?

Nov 10, 2016, 11:54 AM

You are sooo cute!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have a dialog with them?

Nov 10, 2016, 2:20 PM

Uodate: Yes, she pretty much said the same thing to me today after she had a not so great "dialogue" with a classmate. Told me to in essence to go pound sand.

So I told her to wear her big girl pants and quit telling me about her FB account.

I vote she get rid of FB which would be my recommendation...

Nov 10, 2016, 2:23 PM

...to everyone. No need for the narcissistic enabling tool that it has become.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic