Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cain's 1st rd talent, inconsistent hands means 4th rd grade
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,486

Cain's 1st rd talent, inconsistent hands means 4th rd grade

Apr 28, 2018, 8:55 AM

I think the team that picks him up gets a steal. It's hard to find a guy with his college production and upside this late in the draft. As a result, someone will definitely try to scoop him up early today IMO. What's killed him through the draft process is all the sure TD drops he's had over his 3 year college career (someone did a check and it's around double digits).

He's only been playing WR for 3 years so there's lots of room for growth. I think the team that gets him will be very happy getting that level of value on day 3.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cain's 1st rd talent, inconsistent hands means 4th rd grade

Apr 28, 2018, 10:28 AM

I'm trying to figure out if that was a left-handed compliment, or a right-handed blow to the left cheek! ;) Your message is more positive than the Subject...!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My complaint about Cain is simple...

Apr 28, 2018, 10:40 AM

He didn't help his QB out the way Williams, Leggett, Scott and Renfrow did. I don't ever remember seeing him fight for the ball, layout his body to make a reception, or dive for the ball. I saw some overthrows that definitely could have been in his reach had he been willing to lay his body out, but he never did, and DBs knew that he wasn't going to put up much fight for that fifty-fifty ball that Scott, Renfrow, Williams, and Leggett would kill for.

He laid out for this one

Apr 28, 2018, 10:51 AM

At least that's what Chris fowler and the graphic said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDkleiB_J4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Watson woud have returned..

Apr 28, 2018, 10:57 AM

I think Cain would have gone in the first two rounds. He is just meant to be a deep threat imo.

That is not..this is laying out

Apr 28, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to He laid out for this one ]

https://youtu.be/IqUQI5H8_48

Amen. Thumbs up!***

Apr 28, 2018, 12:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is laying out...

Apr 28, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to He laid out for this one ]

https://youtu.be/apYJ8YzIvxE

And Cain's 40+ yd reception in the NC was a turning point

Apr 28, 2018, 12:12 PM

He went after some throws. Granted he doesn't have
Nuk's hands or Nuk and Williams' fight for the ball,
but he can be a good NFL receiver if he works hard
and wants it bad enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz21bfbGawY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laying out is leaving your feet. He caught the ball with

Apr 28, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to He laid out for this one ]

both feet on the ground, and he fell to the ground.

I can't count how many times balls were thrown to Cain, especially in 2017, where he made no effort to dive, stretch, or fight for the football.

Think about how many times you saw Leggett, Mike Williams, Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins dive for a pass. Go watch the NC State game from last year, there were two passes to Cain that were slightly overthrown, but he made no effort to dive for the ball. I told my wife right there and then that would cost him in the NFL draft. I think he will be a 5th or 6th round pick. I would draft McCloud over Cain. Cain was his best his freshman year, although his best game was probably the Louisville game his sophomore year. I was very disappointed with his junior year's effort.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed. He had a bad habit of letting the ball come to him

Apr 28, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to My complaint about Cain is simple... ]

As opposed to going to it. See the tipped interception TD against Bama. Had he went to the ball that dude doesn’t get the pick

He is definitely still learning.

Apr 28, 2018, 11:09 AM

When it was his chance to finally be the man, he had KB. As we all know he was a QB in HS too. I bet by year 3 in the NFL he will be awesome.

Re: My complaint about Cain is simple...

Apr 28, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to My complaint about Cain is simple... ]

Agree entirely. If he makes it in the NFL, he will have to do better than in college . and some do.

Re: Cain's 1st rd talent, inconsistent hands means 4th rd grade

Apr 28, 2018, 10:41 AM

Yea I def can see Cain becoming a good productive wr in the NFL. Heard someone describe Cain by saying he fights the ball, I forget who said it but when they said it I thought it was a perfect description of cains hands. He has top level speed that NFL teams love, so if he can keep working on his route running and work on not fighting the ball and let it come to him he will be a good wr. He also seems to fight with the db more than needed and causes him to miss jump balls too worried about battling with who's covering him. If he can work on that, which they are very correctable issues, then I think he will be another rep for WRU. This years WR class is considered weak so didn't think he would go first 4 rounds, I saw him as a 5-6 rounder which is prob where he will land, which I think will end up being a steal for the team that get him. Go Tigers!!!

i didnt see him showcase a whole lotta moves except the Go

Apr 28, 2018, 11:39 AM

some of that is on qb/system. also wr have lotta responsibilities to be graded on including blocking, selling dummy routes, consistent effort, helping qbs avoiding picks, attacking balls in air, etc

unfortunately i dont think anyone can say deon excelled at those to merit a day 1 or day 2 selection. im hoping he can turn into a martavis with the right team

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,486
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic