Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My big question about cancelled games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,010

My big question about cancelled games

Sep 13, 2018, 9:25 AM

I keep hearing that schools are canceling games for fan safety, police, first responders etc.

My question is why does everyone believe there has to be tons of fans going to play a game? Heck as long as the players aren’t at risk just play it!

It is everyone’s own personal decision if they want to go or not

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My big question about cancelled games

Sep 13, 2018, 9:27 AM

The notion of personal responsibility is an eroding concept for many. They want to be wards of the state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not an issue of personal responsibility

Sep 13, 2018, 9:31 AM

No one is taking that away from you. You are not being told where to go.

If (and I don't think this is going to happen) they cancel the game it won't be because they think people have to be protected from themselves, it'll be because the people needed to put on such a huge event as managing a Clemson home game (the people that are government employees) are needed elsewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not advocating for cancelling it

Sep 13, 2018, 9:29 AM

But the answer is if Clemson plays the game and keeps DV open for fans to come watch then a large amount of people will show up. So Clemson has to be prepared for a large amount of traffic and logistically must have the infrastructure of support personnel available.

The ONLY legit reason to think about cancelling the game is if those people are needed elsewhere or if you feel you are putting them directly in harm's way for an entertainment event.

I don't think, though I don't know, that this rises to that level. Someone with a better understanding of all the moving parts will make that decision. And if they do, it won't be because they are weak, or caved to pressure, or worried about snowflakes, but because its their job to make the call on how best to allocate resources.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,010
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic