Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My best Dabo with Packer transcript from 10/4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

My best Dabo with Packer transcript from 10/4

Oct 5, 2018, 6:32 PM

Yes, I paraphrase Packer. Yes, I may choose to skip some Dabo stuff, but I'll get it nearly line for line.

Packer: Before football, CJ Fuller sad news and what he meant to you both football and personally

Dabo: Yeh, just a tremendously sad situation. Obviously we came off the practice field yesterday, had a great practice, and I walked up stairs and saw Tony Elliott in tears and I knew something was wrong; I didn't know what happened, and still don't know the full details of whether it was a blood clot or seizure or whatever, but they'll do an autopsy and get to the bottom of that. But just a devastating day. CJ was with us 4 years and made some big plays for us. You know, I mean some big plays. And I'm so proud of the development he had and the things he was able to accomplish here, and he earned his degree. Ya know, CJ was a good young man. He has a sweet spirit to him and he certainly wasn't perfect, I don't know anybody that is. But, he was a good teammate and players liked him and he was just one of those young people that in dealing with him he was just always so respectful. My heart just breaks for his parents. As a parent you just can't even imagine putting yourself in that situation. But, I do know, I know that CJ is in the good presence of the Lord, I know he was saved, and I have peace in that. I'm thankful I had a few years to be able to be around him. He's the first player I've coached, as a head coach, that has passed. I know it won't be the last. So, I'm just thankful I had the opportunity to see our staff pour into him and to see him grow as a young man. Death is a hard thing, especially for young people, because young people don't really think about their mortality very often. This has been a tough day, a tough couple of days for his teammates. This is a veteran team and a lot of these guys were teammates with CJ. I just lean on the good Lord for comfort and I know that he will provide and see us all through it, and his family, but definitely a sad situation for all involved. Appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for his family and just continue to lift them up.

Packer: Still remember the catch in that wheel route against OhSt and thought he was going to break that ko for a td in NCG against Bama. He was a really good player. Crazy couple weeks. With all the craziness, you just wanted to go play football. You tried to warn everybody that Syr was an experienced bunch and that Dungy guy is still in the league. Then during game TL goes down and I would have loved to have known what you're thinking (Dabo laughing).

Dabo:It was crazy. My R tackle, 2nd series, he's out. Tayvon Mullen starting corner he's out, Mark Fields is already out, and then of course Trevor goes down. But for a long time I've kind of, since I've been saved, I've lived my life with God never says Oops, and God never says my bad. I remember going, Ok God, I know you're good all the time, and I know you never say oops, but man, what is going on here?! That's what I was thinking. Just trying to stay peaceful and trying to find a way to figure this thing out of what are we going to do. They are a really good team, a veteran team, and the qb is really good, and they outplayed us in that first half; it was just a mess. I thought our team had a great spirit at halftime, its been a while since we've been down at halftime. Ya know, it was just one of those moments as a coach that I look at, that I will always look back on as one of my favorite games. It was incredible. We knew we had a tough challenge. We knew what we were going to have to do to give ourselves a chance to win. And they went our and did it. Guys didn't pout. They didn't.. I'd say 90% plus of teams would lose that game. That was a reflection of our culture. It was a reflection of the love that these guys have for each other, the no quit attitude. Because there was a lot to have to manage with the emotion from the week, and mistakes in the game, and adversity in the game, injuries, etc.. And I'll tell ya, it was inspirational to me to see these guys dig down and find a way to get it done. We kinda had to go Old School because ya know Chase is our there and a little wobbly early and we thought we can't ask this kid to win the game. We're going to have to find a way to get him settled in. And defense, y'all are going to have to step up; and boy they did. They shut them down in the 2nd half. They only had 67 plays and are averaging about 90, 60 yrds rushing, 3/15 on 3rd down, our defense shut them down in the 2nd half. We had a couple of big holds where we held them to FGs instead of TDs in the redzone. Offensively, our OL and our backs took it over. And then Chase kind of settled in; and then boom he hits a couple of passes, and here we go. Then here ya are, 94 yards drive to have a chance to go win the game, and this kid takes us 13 plays, completes a 4th and 6, has a 17 yard run.. So when its all said and done, that was some kind of locker room, because everyone in that locker room knew what we had just overcome. We had won with our 3rd team qb, a FR at corner, a Chinese firedrill up front, trying to figure out the OL. It was just crazy. Pollard having to go play. I'm just really proud of our team. It was a fun locker room, and I think what happened in that game will serve us well the rest of the year in that we have confidence and momentum; and to see Chase not just do it on the practice field, but do it on the game field.. it was great for Chase and great for the team and something we can build on.

Packer: Stallings and Ford having a beer smiling...

Dabo: We rushed the ball for 293 yards, and they're trying to stop the run. Its a 7, 8 man box every snap, and they know we're going to run it, but we're still able to run. And our guys got stronger and I thought at the end of the game we just wore em down. It was just really to see our guys play like they did. ETN had over 200yrds. Feaster and Choice combined for over a hundred yrds. So many good things. After the bad throw Chase had with the INT, we went the next 4 out of 5 drives and got points. Just the guts, the courage, the will to win; you could just touch it. It was awesome to see them hang in there. Thats a great quality in these players and our culture here. I know a lot of people just look at a sheet and see Clemson won, but that just doesn't tell the story of that game, the story of the week, and all that those guys had to try to manage. I was just really proud of team and our staff and something we can really build on.

Packer: Stat from 2011, Clemson 24-4 in games decided by 8 points or less. That is winning crunch games; that's an unbelievable stat. Speaking of unbelievable stat,it is my duty each week to present the "Hold That Tiger Tally." Coach, 317 snaps and your still at ZERO. That's all I'm going to tell you. (Dabo laughing)

Dabo: (Laughing the whole time) I think the problem is, I think the officials are listening to this radio show.. I mean, I just assume its you and me talking, I don't know who listens to this but, I'm starting to think the officials must listen to your show and its become a conspiracy or something. I don't know, but.. I thought we got one last week, but it was actually a personal foul. But I'm still holding out hope. No pun intended.

Packer: Demon Deacs.. hands full again

Dabo: Its always a tough challenge, and I'll tell you.. WF is one of those teams that has gotten better and better under Clausen. He and his staff do a great job. This is always one of the best coached teams we play. They know exactly who they are, what they are doing, and how to attack your weaknesses. The other qb is a gunslinger. He's a really good football player. They run a million snaps; one game they had 105 snaps. They play at warp speed. Syr played at lightening speed, but these guys are at warp speed. Dortch is leading the league in all purpose yards, catches, yards per game, punt returns, and he's second in kick returns; he's a really good player. But they're built to run the ball. They're 2nd in rushing, 2nd in total offense, and they've got about 7-8 guys back on D that have started. They've got a good football team and we're going to have to play well. That's what I'm looking for. Just to see us put it all together. We've compensated for each other in a couple of games where we've had to pick one side up or whatever, but I want to see us play and compliment each other as opposed to compensate for each other. Just clean up mistakes we've made and play our best game.

Talked about learning a lesson about having options at QB and laughed about having Spiers taking some snaps bc he's a punter and doesn't have anything else to do.. Renfrow, Batson also. TL back and looking good.

We're in a lot better spot today that we were this time last week, that's for sure.

And I add, GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: My best Dabo with Packer transcript from 10/4

Oct 5, 2018, 6:43 PM

Love watching the sidelines reporter-ettes(sorry NH) say.." Dabo, how's it going?" and stand there nodding their heads, KNOWING they are not going to get a word in edgewise...LOL...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 7:02 PM

How much fun! And gosh I appreciate the transcript. My viewing these clips is frustrating with my iffy internet, buffering.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you like it. Takes like an hour to type up, but i find them to be

Oct 5, 2018, 7:10 PM

Dabos most candid and relaxed interviews.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 5, 2018, 7:10 PM

Wasn’t there a holding called against Syracuse? I remember thinking that is a first for the year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 7:24 PM

Defensive holding on our long snapper. The other was a PF, hand to face iirc.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2018, 5:27 AM

Thanks for taking the time to poast. I always listen to Packer's show when Sirius has their free listening weeks.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 6, 2018, 8:02 AM

'97 grad here. Lifelong fan. Huge Dabo fan.

I've seen and heard most of Dabo's interviews this year, and this transcript is more proof.

He is rambling more than ever. It seems he's under more stress than ever. Sound minded, confident people don't ramble on and on like this. I'm officially worried about his mental health.

Most coaches don't give 5 minute responses to sideline reporters. Something is going on, and it's coming out in a verbose, unconnected thought vomit.

As professor Sergi Amerikanan said my senior year in civil engineering... "Words are like leaves. Seldom fruit is found where they most abound."

Someone needs to reign Dabo in, and possibly give him some paid time off to ease his mind.

What In The Hell Are You Talking About???

Oct 6, 2018, 10:55 AM

Since Dabo has become the head coach, his opening statements at press conferences have become legendary. Beat reporters have been known to throw a $1 into a pot and bet on how long Dabo's opening statement will last.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great, now we've got psychiatrists posting on Tigernet.

Oct 6, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: My best Dabo with Packer transcript from 10/4 ]

Amazing that you could make that diagnosis from a transcript. SMDH.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

This is one of the most far fetched posts I've read.***

Oct 6, 2018, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: My best Dabo with Packer transcript from 10/4 ]

null

Oct 6, 2018, 9:36 AM

Thanks!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic