Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My baseball observations - other than we blow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 361

My baseball observations - other than we blow

Apr 23, 2019, 2:51 PM

Talking to some of the staff at the Esso this weekend, it seems that our guys have been spending a lot of time out late at night partying. Monte has gotten wind of it and has tried to address - to no avail. Regardless, the lack of attention to detail, failure on fundamentals, and what appears to be a lack of leadership on the field is killing us. Everyone hitting for the fences (Greene, Byrd, Bo (though he did bunt for a hit the other night), Bryar, who have I missed), not trying to manufacture runs, and incredibly lousy pitching and fielding are our undoing. I noticed something retwittered by Adam Hackenberg this past Saturday that may be enlightening:

"Coaches if you allow your good players to get away with things you diminish the power of your words to the others in the group. Always hold the Alpha to an even higher standard than the others, because out of your sight they generally follow his lead."

Bottom line: there is some sh*t going on in the clubhouse that we don't know about, but all I do know is that we are playing ourselves out of a regional and if we do get in it will be as a three seed sent out to the west coast. Not a lot of time left in the season with two tough trips to GT and NCSU to right this ship.

Mangey post concluded. Please carry on. And BTW, sorry for the length.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Logan and Wilkie are having too much fun?

Apr 23, 2019, 2:59 PM

So the kids think they too can have too much fun?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I ain't never had too much fun***

Apr 23, 2019, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Well,

Apr 23, 2019, 3:01 PM

sit their asses. I guarantee you there is someone sitting on that bench that wants to play the right way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

2018 Football National Champs.

Apr 23, 2019, 3:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball players gonna do baseball player things

Apr 23, 2019, 3:02 PM

Once they start wearing that chain necklace they all wear, any semblance of being a decent person is gone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right....I remember when Scott Winchester drove a

Apr 23, 2019, 3:13 PM

golf cart down College Avenue completely nude. And Daniel Moskos getting arrested thinking he would get away with showing a Clemson townie a fake id and giving him a fake name while under age drinking in Tiger Town a few years back thereby earning him the distinction of running the most pole-to-poles in Clemson baseball history when Jack found about it from a local reporter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if monte can't control the team might need to

Apr 23, 2019, 3:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj6B4DtNyM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya know, all my life I just figured that was something

Apr 23, 2019, 4:50 PM

Barney said over and over again. Come to find out that ain't true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keep searching for the right answer.

Apr 23, 2019, 6:38 PM

increasing responsibility helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's disgraceful.

Apr 24, 2019, 10:29 AM

It's disgraceful that baseball staff would shirk their responsibility defer their authority and place the accountability on the players. If they really feel the players are partying too much the public should never know about it.

Did you see any of the players at the ESSO or was the staff the only ones partying that night?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 361
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic