Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My assessment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

My assessment

Oct 28, 2013, 9:44 AM

I said before the season we had not "arrived." The same is true today. Are we an elite team? No. Are we on the cusp of being an elite team? Yes. Shore up our secondary and O-line and we are right there. Right now, however we are going to have to battle and fight to win games. 70+ points is unrealistic. We can win all the rest on our schedule but in 3 of them--the score will never get near 70+. 35-14 or 42-17, or 48-21 is more like it.

The one thing good coming out of the FSU game loss is that "now we know" where we stand. Kinda of like 1975 after losing to USuC. Now with that knowledge what do you do to kick the program upward? I think that FSU is now the standard. They are elite and if we are going to get there we have a goal to work toward. USuC is still there but I do not see them being in the elite company of FSU. If we can get to the point where we beat FSU we will beat USuC.

So, we have a good team. We can win out. We can have a 12-1 season but to do so we will have to battle and fight for the wins in those games remaining. To get to FSU level--more recruiting and development is the key. Still, this is the best time of Clemson football since the 1980's. It kinda feels like 1977 and/or 1978. We woke up and started winning again. Well, we are awake again and we have goals in front of us over the next several years. The first goal is finishing this season in the top 5 with a 12-1 record.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compared to the last 20 years, we have arrived.

Oct 28, 2013, 9:47 AM

This is awesome. Sure, people will complain just like they did with Danny Ford, but I lived through West and Hatfield and Bowden. This is fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Compared to the last 20 years, we have arrived.

Oct 28, 2013, 9:54 AM

I lived through Hootie Ingram and Red Parker so this is definitely fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Re: My assessment

Oct 28, 2013, 9:54 AM

FSU will come back down after next year when Winston leaves early for the NFL because FSU boosters can't give him more $$$ than the NFL can. And as far as us fixing the secondary and O line go; we haven't fixed those in a decade or so, so where is your faith in that ever changing for the better coming from? No way we score even in the 30's against GT or USuCk with our soft O line. The chickens are going to embarrass us again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, since we fixed the D-line front this year and fixed

Oct 28, 2013, 9:59 AM

receiving before 2011 my question to you is why do you not think we will work on fixing 2 more parts of our team? Umm, I did not predict the score of GT but this was directed at folks who predict 70+ points each week. I do happen to think we will get at least 40 on GT. USuC lost to Tennessee, almost had KY and Vandy come back on them. I think our Tigers will take it to them.

we will have a good team if we make it to 11-1***

Oct 28, 2013, 9:55 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I think the difference between us and FSU

Oct 28, 2013, 10:01 AM

can be traced to key misses in recruiting. Yes, our recruiting has been outstanding, but FSU's has been a little better. We missed on Nkimdeche, Mont Adams, Carl Lawson, Vernon Hargreaves, Kendall Fuller, etc., while FSU has gotten more of their top targets. If we can hit on a few more of those over the next few years, I think we are right there with them.

As for this year, yes, we still have a very good team and can finish big - if we get some things fixed - and we can. If we don't, we will lose the 5th in a row to the coots and get a disappointing bowl.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

missing on Gurley stands out for this year***

Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and/or Marshall. He said he went to bed the night before

Oct 28, 2013, 10:15 AM

ready to commit to Clemson. Woke up and committed to UGA.

We are sooooo close with a lot of these guys.

Throw in the pre-season injury to Dye and it makes a difference.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

we are lacking some key areas to be a great team

Oct 28, 2013, 10:03 AM

RB obviously, need a second WR to go with a dominant #1 WR, we don't have a TE with NFL potential and that is hurting in the red zone, and our defense is young on the back end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My assessment

Oct 28, 2013, 10:12 AM

OL seems to be a continual challenge for us. We're pretty good. real good when we bring it. when we show up and go through the motions we're pretty average

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good assessment. IMO, we are not there depth wise across....

Oct 28, 2013, 10:17 AM

the lineup and we still need to get a much tougher attitude. The "physical" running game aspect is still missing from the offense and that starts up front. We also need that big back with an attitude. Hopefully Dye and Gallman are the first in a line of those. The D needs to get a killer instinct to challenge "every first down" and make an offense fight for every inch no matter what the status of the game. better than we have been for sure but still not close to challenging the Alabamas of the world on a consistent basis.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic