Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My analysis of Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

My analysis of Louisville

Sep 12, 2017, 10:30 PM

After watching Louisville vs UNC I have come to the conclusion that Clemson has the ability to win this one easily on the road. Here's why I say that:

L'ville Defense: They've given up several touchdowns on the defensive side of the ball. UNC shredded their defensive secondary with two back up quarterbacks. If Kelly Bryant can connect on the deep routes, then we will put up a ton of points. However, they are really good at containing the edges and boundary. Short bubble screen plays will not work well against them because their ends and outside line backers are disciplined. If our offensive line can open some holes between the tackles then we may be able to establish a ground game. I didn't see them putting too much pressure on either UNC or Purdue's QB. They were getting zero penetration on the line, which means that they were losing the battle upfront. They were okay at run defense, but UNC nor Purdue has a running back on the roster at the skill level that Clemson possesses. That sums up their defense.

SCORE: WEAK SAUCE

L'ville Offense: Lamar Jackson is the offense, and if we can contain him in the pocket then we win. To be honest, They have no running game outside of Lamar Jackson. Purdue's defense held them to only 1 Touch Down per quarter. They had two in the 3rd Quarter due to a pick 6 by the L'ville defense. I've also noticed that Louisville has a very hard time scoring against a Red Zone Defense. They had to settle for several field goals during the Purdue game. UNC not so much, but UNC over pursued Lamar Jackson and let him escape the pocket. If Lamar Jackson gets into open space then he will make you pay for it every time. It's best to contain him in the pocket by playing assignment football. If he tries to extend the play then one of our Line Backers appointed to be a spy should nail him every time. I can see Joseph or Tre as a great candidate for this. They have one mission, which is to nail Lamar Jackson every time he leaves the pocket. If our ends can bring pressure on the edge then Jackson will try to extend the play up the middle. That's when someone needs to put the pads on him. If he realizes he cannot run the ball at all, then he will try throwing the ball. Clemson's stingy defense should have no problems making this game a shut out.

SCORE: Lamar Jackson 100% The rest of the offense 0%.... WEAK SAUCE

Summary: From what it looks like, I can see a similar outcome to our Miami game two seasons ago. They have a mediocre defense, a weak offensive line, and no running backs or noteworthy wide receivers. Sort of like Brad Kaaya at Miami that year. Clemson should have no problems gaining a healthy lead in the 1st Quarter and tucking the game away out of reach by the half. It should be body bags by halftime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: My analysis of Louisville

Sep 12, 2017, 10:33 PM

I am pretty sure the coaches are going to stick to the run early and often and try to establish a ground game while milking clock. Getting into a shoot out with Lavar jackson is never a good game plan, keeping him off the field is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 6:24 AM

^^ Not sure why CLEMSON would want to establish the RUN game when UL's strength is their RUN defense. If UL has a strength other than Jackson, it is their Run D. That seems to be the only area that they even have a pulse.

If it were my decision, you'd think it was the SOS Run-and Gun offense, and we would air it out 7-8 times out of every 10 plays. Their secondary is non-existent. Heck - even run the Jet Sweep every once in a while just to keep them honest. I would almost never run between the tackles. My best pass-blocking RB would be on the field most plays. Our QB would have 500+ yards passing when the smoke clears. And we'd all eat some Papa John's pizza to celebrate. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 6:50 AM

Should definitely try to establish run early to keep Jackson off the field...and our D fresh. Then plan B...

Sep 13, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: My analysis of Louisville ]

I doubt they have much strength on their defense.

Sep 13, 2017, 1:44 PM

Sorry dude, it's highly likely that I'm much stronger than you. Not claiming I'm the strongest person or a bad ###, but I am much stronger than the average American male. I was skinny as a youth, and when I see people from my youth that haven't seen me in years they are surprised by how much muscle I have added over the years. So highly unlikely you could do anything to me if challenged me. Most likely I would just shove you to the ground and tell you take your loss like a man without even punching you.

Sep 13, 2017, 2:29 PM

> Sorry dude, it's highly likely that I'm much stronger
> than you. Not claiming I'm the strongest person or a
> bad ###, but I am much stronger than the average
> American male. I was skinny as a youth, and when I
> see people from my youth that haven't seen me in
> years they are surprised by how much muscle I have
> added over the years. So highly unlikely you could do
> anything to me if challenged me. Most likely I would
> just shove you to the ground and tell you take your
> loss like a man without even punching you.

WHO IS THIS DIRECTED AT? Asking for a friend.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

YOU!***

Sep 13, 2017, 2:41 PM

A912®

Sep 13, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: My analysis of Louisville ]

I like your proposal. Maybe we should put words to action. I'll be right here waiting for you to come shove me to the ground. Bring a camera so we can record it.

119 Heatherwood Lane
Greer, SC 29651

LIKE MOTEL 6 I'll leave the light on for you.

~Chesty Puller

Sep 13, 2017, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: My analysis of Louisville ]

who TU's this nonsense? The 13 year old posse?

TL;DR***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: TL;DR***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:39 PM

Why would you click on a post that bears the Title, "ANALYSIS" in it? You do know that an analysis usually requires some length for the details to be included. Just thought I'd throw that out there, but you can take it with a grade of slaw if you'd like.

~Chesty Puller

Did you not read my analysis of your analysis??***

Sep 12, 2017, 10:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Did you not read my analysis of your analysis??***

Sep 12, 2017, 11:01 PM

Yes, you said it was TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ.

~Chesty Puller

Re: Did you not read my analysis of your analysis??******

Sep 12, 2017, 11:31 PM

Sep 12, 2017, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TL;DR*** ]

TNET is mostly trolls these days, it is why I rarely post here anymore.

Sep 12, 2017, 11:38 PM

TL:DR

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Lost him at WEAK SAUCE

Sep 13, 2017, 8:37 AM [ in reply to TL;DR*** ]

Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"WEAK SAUCE" Explained

Sep 13, 2017, 9:48 AM

Weak Sauce

NOUN

mass noun
US
informal
Something that is of a poor or disappointing standard or quality.
‘the rest of your argument is weak sauce’

ADJECTIVE

US
informal
Of a poor or disappointing standard or quality.
‘don't buy this weak-sauce car even with the price cut’

Pronunciation: weeek sawce

~Chesty Puller

Thank You!!! ChestyP

Sep 13, 2017, 11:23 AM

I think if you spelled it "weeek sawce" he would get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forget their very bad special team.***

Sep 12, 2017, 11:05 PM

don't agree with any of your points

Sep 13, 2017, 4:01 AM

Louisville will score just based off of the elusiveness of Jackson alone. I think KB will have an easier time with their defense than Auburn's so the only point I agree with is that we win, but it won't be a blowout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't agree with any of your points

Sep 13, 2017, 11:28 AM

Do you have some more to add than just that you "don't agree?"

I mean provide some counter points or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will substitute liberally.

Sep 13, 2017, 9:07 AM

No blowout unless UL rolls over. Remembering last year's UL game I doubt that will happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo will substitute liberally.

Sep 13, 2017, 1:22 PM

If you recall last year's game, Clemson was leading 28-6 at the half. We held them to two field goals. We had 5 2nd Half turnovers that kept them in the game.

~Chesty Puller

Liberals are ruining this country and now, football

Sep 13, 2017, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Dabo will substitute liberally. ]

will ESPN suspend anyone that doesn't substitute liberally ?

Cliff notes below:

Sep 13, 2017, 2:46 PM

If our offense can run and/or throw the ball well, we will win.

If our defense makes a bunch of stops, we will win.

Really groundbreaking journalism.

Similar outcome to Miami from 2015???

Sep 13, 2017, 3:24 PM

Sorry dood, but we ain't gonna win this one by 50+ points and we sure as hail aren't gonna shut them out

34-30 good guys

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic