Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC in 81'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,579

UNC in 81'

Oct 23, 2015, 7:57 PM

This Miami game reminds me of the road game at Chapel Hill in 81'. It comes at about the same time of year and you just feel like if we get this done we'll probably run the table.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC in 81'

Oct 23, 2015, 8:03 PM

I completely agree. I was sitting in Chapel Hill watching history! The headline in the newspaper the next morning read " Tigers are 10-8'cious" awesome game even more awesome memories! Go Tigers!

I was there in chapelhole. I hope it won't b close***

Oct 23, 2015, 8:06 PM

I was there...it was a classic game!

Oct 23, 2015, 8:06 PM

I had the feeling Tigers would probably run the table after the Gawja win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC in 81'- didnt have a vcr then and lived out of state

Oct 23, 2015, 8:10 PM

got up in the wee hours on a weekday to watch the replay on espn. at that point the highest ranked meeting of ACC teams ever

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2015, 8:16 PM

They had to bring in temporary lighting for tv . Remember how we ran down their throats to eat up the final 8-9 minutes . I don't think we threw a single pass .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My all time favorite Tiger, #99 Jeff Bryant saved the NC

Oct 23, 2015, 8:25 PM

that game with the heads up lateral recovery that sealed it.....you are correct, this game has the same feel. That was a very good #### Crum Tar Holes team and defense and we ran the table after. I was listening to Jim Phillips on the radio and almost jumped my 13 year old self through the ceiling when he said Jeff Bryant made the lateral recovery.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I,too, was at that game....and while I am

Oct 23, 2015, 8:26 PM

concerned about playing the U at Sunlife, unc was ranked #11 in the country when we made that trip to ch, and the tarholes were legitimately garnering some national attention until they mystifyingly lost to---yep---usuck not long before our game

There were still enough unc football fans alive from the "Choo-Choo" Justice days to have it mean something to their fanbase and glares of hatred were commonplace on the post-game walk from Kenan to Franklin St

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2015, 8:27 PM

UNC was a very good, top 10 team that year. Miami is nothing more than average at best.

I agree with this ^^^^^

Oct 23, 2015, 8:38 PM

A loss to da U would be just short of embarassing. C******ing talk would rekindle ALL over your television screen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 23, 2015, 8:53 PM

UNC was way better than Miami that year!

No getting d1ck crum from watching this one.***

Oct 23, 2015, 8:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Borrowing from the Gville New headline the next day....

Oct 24, 2015, 12:00 AM

...The Tigers were 10-8cious..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,579
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic