Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Two Cents...FWIW
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,221

My Two Cents...FWIW

Oct 14, 2017, 10:05 AM

You have to give Syracuse and Coach Babers the credit...They came out ready to play and did not flinch once during the game. They took it to our Tigers and beat them straight up...no gimmicks, just big boy football, imposing their will. We were dominated up front and it all fell apart there. Happy for Coach Babers because I like him...but I hate it came at the expense of Clemson.

Kelly should have been pulled after the second series...period. I don't know or understand the dynamics behind leaving him in there, but the game plan fell apart because of his inability to scramble or run. When other units are failing to step up (ie, WR's, OL) and we don't run the ball to compensate for his injury, He needs to come out.

Cooper looks OK in the dink and dunk game, but he does not look good on intermediate downfield routes...two weeks in a row. This is all confidence, he does not believe in himself right now.

Johnson should have been given a shot. His ball just looks different when he throws it (better ball than BOTH Cooper and Bryant). He will make mistakes, but he needed a shot. He would not have done any worse.

OL and RB's missed crucial blocks on several occasions, stalling drives. Worst OL execution in three years.

DL allowed Syracuse to dictate the game. This unit should be too elite to allow that to happen with consistency. The Nickel package used the majority of the game was puzzling. The secondary needs to step it up when in zone. Playing zone is tough. We have been vulnerable when we play zone all year.

We need to rally behind Alex Spence if he continues to be the guy (or Groomes if he takes over kicking duties) and give those guys confidence. The kicking game was a difference between winning and losing tonight.

All is not lost, but we may be a two/three loss team this year. It is what it is. We could be great if we can play inspired football, much like Syracuse did last night. Plenty of football to be played and we have a great situation here in Clemson. Tonight was not the Clemson football we have come to expect. This game is behind us. We are much better than the product on the field last night. Time to find our Mojo and go prove it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said!!***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:08 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A $10,000 article JJP!

Oct 14, 2017, 10:10 AM

Right to the heart of the matter plus we have the ability & talent to correct it..and continue winning.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Two Cents...FWIW

Oct 14, 2017, 10:11 AM

Thank you for a well consider analysis of the current situation. Setting aside the frustration and emotions. Too much fair weather fans and counter productive drama being posted since last night. That kind of stuff almost frustrates me more than the abymsal performance I watched ladt night.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:16 AM

No inside info but based on Spence I suspect Groomes isnt close to getting a shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:21 AM

Well said.. Go Tigers..

When Kelly pulled up on that 2nd and 1, you could easily

Oct 14, 2017, 10:49 AM

tell that he could not go.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,221
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic