Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Rev Dodd story
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

My Rev Dodd story

May 28, 2018, 10:10 PM

I live in Charleston and being a home builder one of my clients selected a specific tile at Lowes Home Improvement. I bought all of that tile in the Charleston area and was still a few hundred square feet short of what I needed. I asked the Lowes tile department if they had this certain tile at any other Lowes. They said they did in Fayetteville, NC. Through tigernet I knew the Rev lived in Fayetteville but I did not know him and never met him, I only knew him as a poster in here. I sent the Rev a tmail and told him my situation about needing tile. Without me asking he volunteered to buy the tile I needed and ship it to me all on his dime. I thanked him for his kind offer and took him up on it. He shipped it to my home. In the meantime I mailed him a check for his expenses plus $50 for his time. The tile arrived at my home a few days later.

While the Rev is best known in here for his wit and his literary gab I know him best for being a genuine good person who went well beyond what anyone would do for a fellow man (in this case a stranger). I do not know the Rev's religious convictions but to me he displayed all the qualities of what a Christian stands for.
Rev I am pulling for you to conquer whatever challenges you are facing. Much love and many prayers being sent your way!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic