Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Personal Solution to the Student Ticket Issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,765

My Personal Solution to the Student Ticket Issue

Sep 1, 2017, 12:21 PM

Hey guys, so I've been hearing recently about the issues that Clemson students are facing with getting tickets on the online system. I myself graduated in 2016 and can tell you that these issues are nothing new, but it seems like things have gotten a bit worse since then due to the huge amount of students that have been pouring in.

Long story short, my solution is to use the online system for most games, but then have the students stand in line and camp out specifically for big games. See more details below.

Here are some more details:

First of all, the online system should still exist for games that aren't deemed "big" games. I know, I know, all games are big games, etc, but I am talking about games that you KNOW are going to have this issue. This includes the usual culprits (Florida State, Louisville, South Carolina) and should also include any hyped up game or game against a ranked team. The University can choose to wait until 2 weeks or so before the game to determine if it's a "big" game or not (to see how rankings end up).

So in other words, keep the regular online system for games like SC State, that way you keep things simple and keep the convenience of not having to get up early to get tickets.

For bigger games like Auburn, I say let's go back to the camping out method. Yep, you heard that right. Online system for smaller games, physical appearance for bigger games. What that will do is make sure that only the hardcore, dedicated people get a ticket. No more getting a ticket online and then backing now. If you truly want to go to a MASSIVE game, you'll get your butt over to Death Valley and camp out. Plain and simple.

Now, one of the major complaints with the camping out method was that students were missing class to get tickets. I have a simple solution for that: START DISTRIBUTION EARLIER AND HAVE MORE EMPLOYEES TO SERVICE THE LINE.

Start the distribution at 6 or 7 a.m. Have a TON of booths that will be giving tickets (maybe as many as 10). Separate the big line into 10 lines and have them all move simultaneously. Also have police on hand to watch and make sure things stay under control. This way, you get through the line quickly enough for the students to make it to their 8 a.m. class. Yeah, they're gonna be tired, but that's what you gotta do if you wanna go to the big game, right? It makes sure to reward those that have dedication.

So yeah, tl;dr use the online system for most games, but have them stand in line for big games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Personal Solution to the Student Ticket Issue

Sep 1, 2017, 1:26 PM

Now you're attempting to decide which games are big and which ones aren't.. that doesn't seem to fall in line with the philosophy of treating each game with the respect it deserves.

Sep 1, 2017, 1:29 PM

They already do this by determining which games students can buy guest tickets for**

Sep 1, 2017, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: My Personal Solution to the Student Ticket Issue ]

This has nothing to do with treating games with respect. By "big" games I simply meant games that are more predisposed towards having higher attendance.

And while I believe every opponent and every game is just as important, we can't sugar coat this. There are some games that are simply going to have more people attending them...A LOT more people. And as The Oculus said below, we are already doing this with how the guest tickets work.

Doing so wouldn't imply that any game is any more important, it is simply an action taken to account for the expected larger numbers of attendance by students.

Sep 1, 2017, 1:39 PM

Sep 1, 2017, 2:05 PM

Just read the bold part if you don't want to read the whole thing, that pretty much sums it up.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic