Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Favorite Gamecock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

My Favorite Gamecock

Mar 6, 2014, 9:33 AM

While I have a lot of gamecock acquaintances and 2 that work for me, I only have 1 gamecock I call a friend. Here is why I can call him a friend:

* He actually graduated from USuC.
* He admits that he used to hate Slurrier and still thinks he's a tool but also admits that he likes him now because he is winning.
* He doesn't like Frank Martin. I think even if Martin won the SEC he would still feel this way. He said some people are hard to stomach no matter how much they win.
* He admits he never went to a baseball game or even knew whether or not they won or lost until they won the CWS.
* He suffered while we were routinely killing them in football and sat through the 63-17 next to me and let me enjoy it. I was a good sport - which is probably one reason he doesn't five bomb me or otherwise act the fool now.

I am letting him enjoy his time in the sun and when the Tigers rise again I will not rub it in his face. But he is the one and only gamecock I can say this about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's precious

Mar 6, 2014, 9:36 AM

no really.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Favorite Gamecock

Mar 6, 2014, 9:39 AM

the cant stomach comment and the liking spurrier I find in conflict

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2014, 9:45 AM

A few years ago you could not find a usuc baseball fan. Most of the more vocal ones finally admit they have never attended a game. Now a old friend is purporting that womens bb is a top 4 major sport. How about tennis? Tigers 4 usuc 1.

All normal people have plenty of SC friends and family

Mar 6, 2014, 9:48 AM

They are good people just like us. All fanbases are about 30% obnoxious, and those are the only fans you hear because the normal ones are quiet and don't take it too seriously. Sometimes I read people on here say that they have zero SC friends, and I think that speaks volumes about them. I hate Spurrier and Martin as well, but to say their fanbase is worse when they grew up in the same state, cities, neighborhoods, and families as us; it comes across very naive and short-sighted. With that said, I hope we beat them 100-0 every time we play them.

My entire family went to Clemson or another school not

Mar 6, 2014, 9:59 AM

named USuC. I know I am in the minority and lucky as no one in my immediate family went to USuC. I have a brother-in-law that went to USuC but could care less about them.

Maybe I am just unlucky that, other than my friend, I only know the 30% that are obnoxious.

Re: My entire family went to Clemson or another school not

Mar 6, 2014, 10:03 AM

Yeah, I'm with you. The ones I am around are flat out obnoxious and big mouthed. However, many so called #### fans are fence riders. They are fans of whoever is winning. I keep telling them that one day the worm will turn and when it does, it will be ugly because they have a lot of payback coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel sorry for you guys that you'd let football get in the

Mar 6, 2014, 10:10 AM

way of friendships. Or if you truly believe the majority of SC fans are worse than the majority of CU fans, than I also feel sorry for you but for different reasons

just weird that we ONLY run into that "30%" of obnoxious

Mar 6, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to All normal people have plenty of SC friends and family ]

gcock fans.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

It aggravates me when someone insinuates

Mar 6, 2014, 10:00 AM

you can only be a fan of a school if you went there.

I went to Clemson, so did my brother, two sisters, mom (2 degrees), and dad (2 degrees). Both sets of grandparents were Clemson fans, but didn't attend. Are they any less of fans than their children or grandchildren? Thank goodness they were Clemson fans, and thank goodness they didn't have to take bull crap off of somebody because they pulled for a school they never attended.

Don't hold that against someone. Ridiculous.

PS: That sounded angrier than it was.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I agree,

Mar 6, 2014, 10:04 AM

after my granddad got out of the navy after WWII, his dad gave him the option of becoming part owner in the farm or paying for him to go to Clemson. He chose becoming part owner of the farm but he's been a member of IPTAY for like 50+ years and until recent health issues, went to every home game since then. He has some good seats let me tell you haha

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I don't think it makes you less of a fan, but I don't

Mar 6, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to It aggravates me when someone insinuates ]

understand why you would be a fan of a school that you didn't attend. It makes no sense to me.

Re: I don't think it makes you less of a fan, but I don't

Mar 6, 2014, 1:58 PM

> understand why you would be a fan of a school that
> you didn't attend. It makes no sense to me.

Well Alabama would lose about 80% of their fan base if that were some kind of rule. If all those folks in Alabama flying UA flags outside their trailers went to Bama, then Bama would have to rank #1 in worst return on money spent for education.

that is about the stupidiest comment I have read lately...

Mar 6, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I don't think it makes you less of a fan, but I don't ]

I never stepped a foot in a Clemson classroom. My dad played football there until the war. I was brought up to bleed orange.

I bet I love Clemson as much as anyone who graduated from Clemson.

And I have news for you...without fans like me, DV would not even need the upper decks or seating in the West EZ.

Now, what I don't understand is why a person wants to fake being a Clemson fan.

Like I said, it doesn't make you less of a fan- however,

Mar 7, 2014, 12:15 AM

me personally, I just don't get the idea of cheering for a school I didn't go to. Good on you for being a die hard fan, but if I didn't go to Clemson I would cheer for whatever other school I would have went to.

Well, Mike, it would make sense to cheer for your Alma

Mar 7, 2014, 5:58 AM

Mater, but people across the nation support teams, regardless of affiliation. Always have, always will.

Think of pro-sports: we cheer for various teams, largely because we've selected them as "our" teams and not necessarily because we live in a host city. Likewise, folks will support the Tigers or the Gamecocks either because they're alumni, have family connections, live in the host area or simply opt to do so.

Funny thing is the number of "newbies," who quickly emerge, when one or both teams is performing well...only to disappear as quickly when fortunes head south. Makes you wonder what they do if both teams are tanking! LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only mentioned it because the worst USuC fans IMO

Mar 6, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to It aggravates me when someone insinuates ]

are the ones that didn't go to school there and only got on board in the last 4-5 years because they beat us and/or won the CWS.

I have lots of Clemson fan friends that did not attend Clemson and they are just as good, if not better, fans than some that did. One actually graduated from USuC!

Re: I only mentioned it because the worst USuC fans IMO

Mar 6, 2014, 10:41 AM

I understand. Like I said, that came across a little rougher than I intended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lighten up Francis

Mar 6, 2014, 10:42 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I couldn't get any lighter in my loafers....

Mar 6, 2014, 10:47 AM

wait, what?

Well, it does make me better than you. HTH.***

Mar 6, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to It aggravates me when someone insinuates ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

How long have ya'll been married?***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right after they moved to ny?

Mar 6, 2014, 10:05 AM

pretty sure it's legal there...

My favorite gamecock is

Mar 6, 2014, 10:04 AM

Confessed Coot

awwwww 2012. Comere ya big lug!! :-)***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:09 AM

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Hey man, don't make it weird,

Mar 6, 2014, 10:10 AM

I said you were my favorite coot, that doesn't mean that I actually like you.

Kinda like saying Abdullah is my favorite Taliban fighter or something like that. Groce

yeah....hate to have anything "weird" on these boreds!

Mar 6, 2014, 10:14 AM

smh my head.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Oh geez will you two get a room already?***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to awwwww 2012. Comere ya big lug!! :-)*** ]

You volunteering?***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 AM

Do they have an hourly rate at the

Mar 6, 2014, 10:14 AM

Day Sinn? If so I'll make a contribution.

be sure to ask for the GWP discount******

Mar 6, 2014, 10:15 AM

With my discount your rate will only be

Mar 6, 2014, 10:18 AM

$63.17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

right....which is 5 dollars off.*****

Mar 6, 2014, 10:20 AM

How many ways we splitting this?***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:21 AM

#### off.***

Mar 6, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to awwwww 2012. Comere ya big lug!! :-)*** ]

i think he was at work, so not only is he doing what you ask

Mar 6, 2014, 3:39 PM

but he's getting paid for it too.

smh

Did I meet drummer's girl at a 9am pool party

Mar 6, 2014, 4:07 PM

or is he just always a doooosh?

nah, i think some coot served him cold fries; wut can i say?

Mar 6, 2014, 4:18 PM

dood likes his fries.

;)

figures he would like fries....

Mar 6, 2014, 4:31 PM

eerrbody knows tater-tots are way better**

:)

Too coots, I'm always a #####. Now go #### yourself, coot.***

Mar 6, 2014, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Did I meet drummer's girl at a 9am pool party ]

Re: Did I meet drummer's girl at a 9am pool party

Mar 6, 2014, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Did I meet drummer's girl at a 9am pool party ]

Pics?? Or it didn't happen. You know the rules.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Favorite Gamecock

Mar 6, 2014, 11:09 AM

is the one on the dinner plate in front of me.

Favorite Gamecock

Mar 6, 2014, 11:22 AM

Is that like Jumbo Shrimp ? Tallest midget ? Completely Stop ?

I do not understand concept of this thread

I guess mine would be a mute

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite Tater is

Mar 6, 2014, 11:28 AM

baked.

stuffed, lightly salted or you a hot, drippin butters and

Mar 6, 2014, 12:12 PM

sour cream kinda guy?

gwp says it's important.

Re: My favorite Tater is

Mar 6, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to My favorite Tater is ]

Sweet!

i never thought theprodigal and i had anything in common...

Mar 6, 2014, 12:15 PM

glad he confirmed it.

What's taters precious?***

Mar 6, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to My favorite Tater is ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One time we crossed a sponge with a potato. It didn't taste

Mar 7, 2014, 7:01 AM [ in reply to My favorite Tater is ]

very good. But it sure did slop up the gravy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2014, 1:46 PM

agree that they have some good fans BUT most of them are awful!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2014, 2:04 PM

There are a lot of post 2009 gamecock fans out there, meaning that is when the football streak started and the back to back baseball titles.I've seen a countless number of people start wearing gamecock stuff to work that never did before that.

Mar 6, 2014, 10:18 PM

I won a lot of money on the 63-17 game. I was in Vegas at the time, and about three minutes prior to coin toss, they were giving US either 13 or 13 1/2. The spread moved 7 or 8 points in 15 minutes. Guess someone placed a huge bet on the dirt peckers. I bet a ton of money on Tigers and enjoyed every second of the thrashing of the chickens.

Thomas Sumter***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:46 PM

Frank Martin is my favorite Coot***

Mar 6, 2014, 10:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you make this up?***

Mar 7, 2014, 6:59 AM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic