Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Coaching Hotseat - Top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

My Coaching Hotseat - Top 10

Sep 17, 2019, 4:56 AM

#1 - Clearly it's Jeremy Pruitt @ Tenn. Vols went 5&7 last year w/wins against E.Tenn St/ UTEP/ AUB (don't know how but won by 6)/ Charlotte/ UK (don't be shocked - UK has won only 3 in last 36 years). That's not good enough for Phillip Fulmer, the meanest man in football. At best, Pruitt goes 4&8 in '19 & COULD go 2&10. Fulmer will return as HC (like Mack Brown) & at least get 'em to a bowl. Plus - the buyout is only $10-mil. Vol fans will demand this - so Pruitt - he gone!

#2 - Willie Taggart. 5&7 last year; no bowl... FSU has to do this. Lost to Boise; beat ULM by 1 in OT; had UVA on the canvas & let 'em up. Too many losses are still to come in '19. It's no bowl again & FSU must right the Titanic before Willie docks at the next iceberg. Don't CARE what the buyout is. Taggart has everything packed, including the dishes (eating off paper plates now), so he's totally prepared for this.

#3 - Chip Kelly. UCLA was 3&9 in '18. In '19, they're already 0&3 - soon to be 0&4 after Wash St & have a great chance of losing 5 more after that. They'll win maybe 4 - & maybe Bama elephants can fly. The Bruins are in Ruins.

#4 - Matt Luke @ Ole Miss. In '17, Luke was 6&6, but no bowl due to a self-imposed ban. In '18 - 5&7 & no bowl because of a self-imposed record. In '19 they opened w/a loss to Memphis, beat ARK (Wow) & S.E. LA (it IS a real college somewhere). The Rebs have at least 6 more losses coming up, possibly 8. Luke makes those drunken bow-tied fans wanna puke. He's already packed too & eating off Dixie plates like Willie.

#5 - Chad Morris @ ARK. This gets harder 'cause Chad's right there with Matt. The Hoggs have beat Portland St & Colo St (who..? what?) but LOST to Ole Miss! Being a HC is likely not Chad's thing - plus - you think recruiting at Scar is hard - - try it in ARK! "Listen son - come to Arkansas & you'll....I don't know....maybe meet Chelsea Clinton!!" Chad's had a tad bad ride there & he's sad; but "Don't get MAD - get Glad!"

#6 - Will Muschamp. Old "Road Rage Will." Face it bro' - Jake's gone...ya got Tommy Hilfiger slinging' it for ya now. You closed out '18 in a Thailand monsoon against "AKRON" with 3 fans at the game & 4 watching on TV. I think even Terry Bowden left in the 3rd! Then you got yer teeth kicked in by those Bronco-bustin' Wahhoos from Tommy Jefferson U - & this year?? It's 3 wins & you slug the woman reporter at halftime vs Clemson - - & you know it!!
It's like "Groundhog Day." You look in the mirror, but you don't see YOU - you see FLORIDA! And your 4 years are up.

#7 - Justin Fuente. Coach, I met Frank Beamer. I talked with Frank Beamer. Frank Beamer was my friend. For nearly 3 decades Coach Beamer was successful at VaTech. Coach Fuente - - you're no Frank Beamer.

#8 - Charlie Strong. Let's be real. There are no upward or even lateral moves in Charlie's career. Only downward spiraling ones. Charlie was MADE to be fired. Next stop? Akron or unpaid assistant to unpaid assistant at Clemson - Terry Bowden.

#9 - Clay Helton. Thanks to you, I can no longer tell who the REAL USC is. The one in Cootlumbia or the one where OJ ....uh.... "sharpened" his football skills.

#10 - Kevin Sumlin. Let's see....when RichRod left the scorching heat of Arizona, he headed north to the bitter cold tundra of the Big House - then took a sharp turn south to take orders from Matt Luke. So maybe, when Harbaugh gets the heave-ho & take's Matt's place at Ole Miss, Jim'll call you down from Ann Arbor to Oxford and - - boy, this coaching carousel is making me dizzy!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Coaching Hotseat - Top 10

Sep 17, 2019, 6:57 AM

Good post.
I think you are right on with Pruit at #1 but I'm willing to give Taggart a little break, if, for no other reason, I think Jimbo screwed Florida State leaving the program as he did.
Granted Taggart bought some bad baggage from Oregon( or was it State not that it matters).
So I say Kelly #2 and Taggart #3.

how did jimbo leave the cupboard bare?

Sep 17, 2019, 9:29 AM

someone enlighten me. FSU has loads of talent. Offensive line was the only area that i can recall there being a deficiency but other than that they about as much talent as us and any other top 10 team. IMO Taggart doesn't have that excuse as so many have given him. Did they have an attitude and a motivation problem under Jimbo's last year and into Taggarts reign? yes. But the cupboard was pretty stinkin full. I've got not sympathy. They have plenty of tools.

Pruitt and Chad aren't getting canned

Sep 17, 2019, 7:35 AM

after just 2 years. Chad inherited as unathletic an SEC as one could. UT simply cant continue the coaching, revolving door, after just 2 years. Both have 1 more year before the seat gets really hot in spite of what UT fans scream.

If Taggert or Chump crash to a 4-8, 3-9 record, then they probably should be fired, but their buyouts save them.

Fuentes is definitely heading towards a premature end. I'd add Harbaugh to the list as if he loses to OSU again, he likely heads back to the NFL. Chip Kelly will ride off in to a golden parachute retirement. Clay Helton is as good as gone with Urban ascending in LA.

Others to watch include Kevin Sumlin and Lovie Smith

Sep 17, 2019, 7:35 AM

Dang good post and pretty thorough.

For Charlie Strong, he used to be a really good DC IMO, so he should find a team that needs a new DC and jump on that ship. I'm surprised that a team like Bama that needs a good DC (since Sharp left) has not figured that out. I hope they don't read this. We like their TIRED D.

If the Vols fire Pruitt...

Sep 17, 2019, 7:40 AM

They would have to pay a pretty hefty buyout; a little over $9 million.

That’s steep particularly considering he's only in his second year at UT.

Who do they get to replace him? The Vols have proven they can’t go outside to hire a coach with a pedigree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If the Vols fire Pruitt...

Sep 17, 2019, 9:04 AM

BigCUFan® said:

They would have to pay a pretty hefty buyout; a little over $9 million.

That’s steep particularly considering he's only in his second year at UT.

Who do they get to replace him? The Vols have proven they can’t go outside to hire a coach with a pedigree.

Phat Phil is orchestrating his second back stabbing coup d' etat. He told Johnny Majors to relax in the hospital and that he would keep his seat warm for him, then stole his job.

This time around, Phillip stuck around Knoxville and sowed seeds of discontent for every coach that UT tried to bring in. Finally , managed to back the administration into ousting the AD and hired a guy that is so far over his head that it hurts to watch.

He will offer to coach free next year , and the hillbillies will eat it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the Vols fire Pruitt...

Sep 17, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to If the Vols fire Pruitt... ]

There are over 100,000 seats in Knoxville. Empty ones are more expensive than 9 million. He has until December to right the ship or there's a moving truck for the holidays.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:45 AM

I think Pruit and Helton are gone.

If you have BYU on your schedule this year...

Sep 17, 2019, 8:45 AM

...you might be gettin' fired.

where does Charlie strong coach

Sep 17, 2019, 9:32 AM

he stilla coach ?

null

Re: where does Charlie strong coach

Sep 17, 2019, 9:35 AM

South Florida. And he has BYU on his schedule, too. Bad omen.

None of this is good for Clemson...

Sep 17, 2019, 9:39 AM

Clemson has the most successful and stable program in the country. At some point, probably end of this year they'll come calling for 1 to 3 of our coordinators. Let's hope our guys are fat and happy in god's country.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic