Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Clemson story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,255

My Clemson story

Jan 11, 2019, 2:06 PM

as brief as I can.

I didn't really "grow up" a Clemson fan. I remember working in the yard with my Dad on Saturdays listening to the games on the radio (I still associate Jim Phillips' voice with Tiger football).

I decided to attend Clemson in High School since I was majoring in Engineering - where else would you go in this state, certainly not to UofSC (if that's what they want to be called now).

Was at Clemson 1987-1992. Saw the admins push out Coach Ford. Watched in horror as we slipped under Hatfield. Could only shake my head when we hired West wondering if we were just trying to be cheap. Felt a little better when Bowden came in but, like most of you at least, never saw this coming.

I was a wait and see guy with Coach Swinney as I knew he had been a good recruiter so thought why not give him a chance. But this is unreal. I can only smile at all the Gamecock and Bama fans I know and go to church with.

We are living in the best of times. It can't get better than this, it can just keep on coming!

(Married a Clemson girl ('93), my daughter is a Clemson girl ('17) and my son starts this year.)

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whale you could have gone to the citadel.

Jan 11, 2019, 2:11 PM

Best civil engineering program in the state and it's in Charleston. Had I wanted to do mechanical tho I would have gone to Clemson. Career wise I wish I did study mechanical..but as far as football goes I would have been there during the 5 peat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in school '87-'90

Jan 11, 2019, 2:47 PM

Not an ME, but my dad and brother were both ME majors. I was born while he was in grad school for ME. I have immense respect for what you did. We may not have had any classes together but we certainly chewed some of the same dirt. Jim Phillips is "The Voice". Sure wish he could have lived long enough to see this day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was in school '87-'90

Jan 11, 2019, 3:29 PM

you are a very fortunate man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic