Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Case for Bama being #4 in the next CFP Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,996

My Case for Bama being #4 in the next CFP Rankings

Nov 10, 2019, 8:19 AM

On a neutral field, against anyone of the CFP’s Numbers 6 - 15, who do you think could beat Bama?

I, myself, will not be surprised if they are #4 Tuesday(?) night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: My Case for Bama being #4 in the next CFP Rankings

Nov 10, 2019, 8:22 AM

Last week after the rankings came out, who thought that Penn State could beat Clemson on a neutral field? Clemson would’ve been a two touchdown favorite

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 8:31 AM

And I thought we had as good of a case to be #3 as Alabama did. I also thought that LSU had played - and beat - better teams, and deserved #1 over 031O State.

Again, I believe a top four of LSU, 031O State, Clemson, and Alabama would beat ANY of the #5-#16 teams on a neutral field - based upon those four teams’ performances, to date.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 8:36 AM

I do believe that if the CFP committee is determined to give one conference a Mercy berth of their non-conference champion, LSU and Alabama should have to play in the first round of the playoffs.

Agreed! ????????????????

Nov 10, 2019, 8:54 AM

I believe if LSU, 031O State, and Bama win out, the CFP will be LSU vs Bama and Clemson vs 031O State.

Which is sad for yours truly as LSU/Bama gets Atlanta and we get AZ. I could make it to the Peach, but can’t swing the AZ trip. . . sigh.

Re: Agreed! ????????????????

Nov 10, 2019, 9:40 AM

Don't give up hope, even on your scenario plays out in the rankings. The committee very well could believe that Atlanta would be a competitive advantage for Bama and send the game to Glendale as a neutral site.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:33 AM

There will be no surprises when Alabama is ranked number four. The suspense will only come if Alabama loses to Auburn and then you have a two loss non-conference champion Alabama team. Not even the SEC love and Alabama love will get them over that hump.

Your prediction is correct. Alabama will be given the benefit of the doubt Eye test just like Penn State last week. Alabama will be considered “a notch above whoever.”

We’re in agreement MiamiBeach

Nov 10, 2019, 8:44 AM

And in my OP I didn’t make it clear where I thought WE belonged (which is really all that SHOULD matter). Also, in my heart (pumping blood that runs orange), I would take joy in another Bama loss, but in my head, I now believe LSU is the only team better than them in the SEC.

As for future CFP rankings, they are no longer a concern (for me), as what I saw in Tuscaloosa yesterday, and to some extent with 031O State, leads me to think our Tigers can beat any of them, anywhere.

AND WE ARE NOW IN THE CFP TOP FOUR, BABY!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Nov 10, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: My Case for Bama being #4 in the next CFP Rankings ]

How exactly do you see Bama losing to Auburn then winning the SEC Championship? LSU just beat Bama and, assuming Bama loses to Auburn, would have to drop 3 conference games (Ole Miss, Arky, A&M) for Bama to make the SECCG.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry AFDAWG, I think you misunderstand

Nov 10, 2019, 9:28 AM

Nobody’s saying Bama wins the division (or conference). They could (would?) get in with one loss over a one loss conf champ (OK, Pac 12), but NOT if they have two losses

hth?

Re: Sorry AFDAWG, I think you misunderstand

Nov 10, 2019, 9:37 AM

Yep....my mistake. There is no chance Bama gets in with a loss to Auburn. I think Bama's best chance is for LSU to beat UGA in Atlanta (something I think is likely). A UGA win in Atlanta, assuming UGA wins out in the regular season, dooms Bama. If a second SEC team were to get it, it would be one loss LSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Nov 10, 2019, 8:35 AM

Georgia lost to the coots...there is no way they jump Bama. Oregon, Utah and Oklahoma could eventually, but only if they run the table down the road

Re: Agreed

Nov 10, 2019, 8:45 AM

Won't Oklahoma drop after there 1 point lose at home? To add insult to injury, they lost it on a failed 2 point conversion try!

Oh weight, that's not right!! My bad.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Agreed ]

It depends on how much weight they put on UGA's two "good" wins (UF and ND). Do the two good wins overcome the bad home loss? And if so, how much does the Bama mystique count against UGA?

Personally, I would give UGA the nod this week, mainly because I totally discount the Bama mystique.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Agreed ]

If Georgia runs the table and beats LSU in the championship, they jump the rest of the SEC including Bama and LSU. What could get interesting is if Georgia loses to Auburn, and then beats LSU.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:38 AM

all of a sudden, Alabama's schedule was "weak" last night on College Football Final.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 8:39 AM

Alabama is NOT only a non conference champ now, but they are not even a division champ. I think they are not deserving of a 4 ranking. I don't see how the committee co chairs led put in Alabama losing at home over a Pac 12 conference champ with one loss and even more so, a Big 12 Champ with no losses..... But stranger things have happened.

Won't be surprised if Georgia is #4

Nov 10, 2019, 8:57 AM

You know... since that loss to South Carolina somehow got cancelled out by the win over Florida according to the committee. I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama is #4 either due to the "better loss" dogma. The CFP protocol gives the committee the opportunity to do what they want and justify it with multiple criteria (resume, clearly better/eye test, better wins, bad loss, clearly dominant, game control, balanced offense/defense or lack thereof, etc, etc).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

That's not how playoffs work***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

This line of thinking is absolutely ridiculous. Its the very

Nov 10, 2019, 9:50 AM

essence of arbitrary SEC bias based on NOTHING. Games. Must. Matter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama will not be in at #4 unless OU, Oregon, UGA lose again.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:02 AM

I'd take a hot Oregon or even OU to take down bama. Reason? That atrocious defense of Bama yesterday. Saban's defense is as physical as a Pac12 or Big defense this year. In a shoot out I'd not guarantee they beat either of the teams I mentioned.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,996
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic