Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #178 'Homer Jordan'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #178 'Homer Jordan'

Sep 28, 2020, 8:48 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #178 'Homer Jordan'

Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka® submitted many of the historic photos on our website, and we appreciate him being part of the TigerNet family. Mintaka's take Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #178 'Homer Jordan'

Sep 28, 2020, 8:58 AM

Homer seems to be invisible sometimes. It's like, "oh, I forgot he was the QB in the 81 Natty". And what a finish to that game. I was in Germany listening on the radio in the middle of the night; Not a single Clemson game was on TV in Armed Forces TV. Numbing when the game was over. Maybe he is sometimes forgotten because he did not have an NFL career. And maybe, he just wants to stay out of the bright lights!

My 7 yr old Son & I met Homer a yr b/4 he enrolled at Clemson..

Sep 28, 2020, 9:22 AM

while visiting Tigertown. We were down near the current practice field area where the motor homes park..

and Coach Curly Hallman came up to me since we’d talked at the Shrine High School Football Bowl games in Charlotte..

and He had Homer in tow and walked him over to introduce him to some Clemson fans and stated:

Want you to meet Homer Jordan of Georgia and he’s gonna take Clemson to a National Championship game one day!

I looked at this rather smallish young man and said to myself, as I shook his hand, no way!

Man, was I wrong in that my Son & entire Family watched him in person a few years later in hot Miami’s famous Orange Bowl direct the Tiger Team to the 1st Natty in Clemson history and we screamed & yelled and couldn’t believe it!

Thanks Homer and sorry I doubted you from that initial in-person meeting but wish I could have a 2nd chance to thank you in person!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he was from Athens, GA - home of the Dawgs...........

Sep 28, 2020, 9:07 AM

and was the first of three QBs from Georgia to win National Championships for us (then DW and TL). Can't believe the Dawgs let all three of these players get away from them considering their "number one" recruiting classes over the years!!!!!!

Re: And he was from Athens, GA - home of the Dawgs...........

Sep 28, 2020, 9:24 AM

I would suspect Ga saw him moree as a db or something than a qb. He was great in the option that we ran though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 9:57 AM

Homer Jordan knew our football scheme and was the perfect quarterback to work within the system. Drove the offensive train we had and let the defense do it's job. It worked--NC # 1. We truly were "little ole Clemson" then but who knew Perry Tuttle was there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 10:42 AM

I was at the National Championship game sitting on the 50 yard line behind the Clemson bench. Mother bought tickets from an acquaintance that worked at a Miami bank. We had 4 tickets and we thoughly enjoyed the game. Homer was a great player that could run the option offense and throw the football when he needed to get a first down. I agree that we had a good receiver in Perry Tuttle. Only thing I wish was that my father could have been alive to see the game and enjoy the first National Championship. Also, our defense played a great game and stopped Nebraska in their tracks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 11:56 PM

I was there for Natty #1. Homer was clutch all year. Thanks and Go Tigers.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic