Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My 2 cents....There's no guarantee that Kb starts as a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 998

My 2 cents....There's no guarantee that Kb starts as a

Sep 26, 2018, 10:19 AM

QB at another school. I think he could but nothing is guaranteed. Trying not to look through orange colored glasses, but I really think his best bet is/was to stay. The coaches could have given him reps as WR/RB and shown his versatility. He'll never be a NFL QB but could possibly break through as an athlete. Staying would have shown maturity and leadership and he could still battle for the QB position.

From his quotes, it appears that KB feels entitled to the QB position, this isn't HS. Saying that he did not get a fair shot is disrespectful to Clemson and the coaches. Didn't Clemson/Dabo stick with their commitment to him during his senior year when he was so sick. I'm sure KB's feelings are still hurt and emotions are raw so I'll give him a pass. It's hard no matter what you are doing to give everything and it not be enough because the next guy is just more talented.

KB gave his all and did a great job for Clemson...the problem is that his "all" hasn't been better than TL's "all". Good luck Kelly B. wherever you land!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 2 cents....There's no guarantee that Kb starts as a

Sep 26, 2018, 10:23 AM

I like and respect KB2, but respectfully disagree with you on KB2 not being able to start elsewhere. What team would not want the MVP of the most recent ACCCG that took his team to the CFP?? Really? You gotta think a little deeper about that comment.

As for me, being selfish I wanted him to stay for the good of the team. But if I were him, I would make the same decision if I had any desire to possibly play at the next level. Without a strong showing in the passing game, he probably will not even make a scout team in the NFL, but it is his decision. Maybe he just wants to have fun starting elsewhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:28 AM

KB is not an NFL QB, he could probably start for some teams around the country, but one has to remember that the supporting cast at CLEMSON is better than all but 2 or 3 other teams. Kelly has earned our thanks, and he will always be a TIGER, but on the field you have to keep earning playing time and the fact is he has been outperformed and he probably can't/won't get the job back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not what I said at all...

Sep 26, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents....There's no guarantee that Kb starts as a ]

I said there is no guarantee that he will start. I think he could, but there will be a QB competition wherever he goes. No coach will just give him a starting position because of what he did last year. He'll have over a half season of sitting out and away from football.

KB is a good QB with a tremendous supporting cast, I appreciate all he did while he was at Clemson and I wish him the best of luck.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:26 AM

The Clemson football program wasn’t built around the attitude of “either I’m in the starting lineup or I take my ball and go home”! Bryant can be a major contributor to the Tigers success if he chooses to do so. Otherwise, next man up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 998
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic