Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My 2 cents on BBall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

My 2 cents on BBall

Feb 18, 2019, 4:53 PM

I think I'm probably like most people and football is head and shoulders above any other Clemson sport. In fact baseball is second in my book. But as a "casual" basketball fan I think BB coaching style hinders my level of enthusiasm. Our teams under him for the most part have been BOOOOOORING. A complete snooze fest. Maybe basketball enthusiast appreciate the defense style of play, but it's not for me. I miss the OP teams, they just seemed way more athletic, running the floor, playing up tempo full court press. Just for me it was much more entertaining to watch.

But honestly at the end of the day, I dont really care. I had completely forgotten we even made the sweet 16. Keep winning in football and all is good with me. Maybe get to Omaha a little more frequently as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 2 cents on BBall

Feb 18, 2019, 5:31 PM

Well, you have inspired me me. Here are my thoughts on Clemson basketball: OOO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 5:51 PM

From my armchair, we've got one guy good enough to play in the NBA, two other guys who are above average college players, and two guys just trying to keep up. When we're forced to go to the bench, the talent level drops off even more.

Without quality depth, we're not going to outscore other teams by running up and down the court the whole game. So the only chance we have of winning is to try to keep it a half-court game by playing solid defense, bringing the ball methodically up the court on offense, and pass it around until 10 seconds are left on the shot clock to run our play.

I don't know that we have anyone good enough for the NBA!

Feb 18, 2019, 11:45 PM

Probably 2 or 3 that will play in Europe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 1:33 AM [ in reply to Re: My 2 cents on BBall ]

Bc we don’t recruit guys unless they are defenders first, while that is important I think Our staff forget the ball has to go in the hoop a good bit to win games also lol like I said in another post, some kids are naturally scores and shooters, not all have it... yes a good coaching staff can develop it and you have seen that with a few of BBs guys for sure but not the scorer needed to take a game over late when it’s on the line ... but defense is mostly effort imo and can be coached easier

Alex Hemenway says hi.

Feb 19, 2019, 1:55 PM

He is one of our 2019 recruits, and he is averaging 29 points per game this year for his high school team in Indiana. He is shooting an amazing 59% on field goals, including 49% on threes.

You make it sound like Brad only recruits good defenders and doesn't care about their offensive skills. You do recall that he recruited Zion Williamson hard, right? And a host of many others with great offensive talent.

For your reference, here are the high school points per game averages for some of our current players:

Marcquise Reed averaged 31 points per game as a high school senior.
Shelton Mitchell averaged 20 points per game as a high school junior and senior.
Elijah Thomas averaged 18 points per game as a high school senior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 18, 2019, 8:19 PM

I’m right there with you. I’ve never been a huge BB fan anyway. While everyone is posting about BB, for better or worse, I’m obsessing over the 2020 football recruiting class. I’m a big soccer fan too.

Being a big soccer fan, I guess you really like a lot of offense!!

Feb 18, 2019, 11:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic