Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry if I missed a thread, but does anybody think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Sorry if I missed a thread, but does anybody think

Oct 13, 2019, 8:16 AM

Dabo overreacted to Potter's missed field goal? I know it was a chip shot and Potter's been terrible on field goals this year, but kickers are gonna miss. And their psyches tend to be fragile (remember Jad Dean?).

Dabo's reaction to the reporter's question after halftime was odd too. All I can think of is that Dabo didn't think Potter had his head in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Sorry if I missed a thread, but does anybody think

Oct 13, 2019, 8:19 AM

I think Coach has proven he knows what he's doing and how to handle situations like that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 8:57 AM

I agree with you 74, but Dabo's reaction seemed more emotional than purposeful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

he might have a bit more knowledge about the situation

Oct 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

than fans do watching. It is obviously more than just a couple of missed FGs.

No, I think Potter has some kind of....

Oct 13, 2019, 8:23 AM

effort/attitude problem. I think Dabo was just trying to shake him up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 8:40 AM

Have to say I was a little shocked at Dabo's reaction. I think that Dabo was still upset about the missed FG at NC.

Sorry, you have one (maybe two jobs)

Oct 13, 2019, 9:02 AM

(He does kick off great)

He has a lot of room to improve on field goals. You have to be money in clutch situations. If you miss the easy ones, are you really going to hit them when it counts the most?!?

Dabo knows he has potential. He’s got to make them. We also don't see how he practices, I’m sure there is more to the story.

Everyone deserves a butt chewing when we mess up.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:03 AM

No. What happened was Potter was on the sidelines with his helmet off not paying attention to the game situation BEFORE the kick...he had to rush out there and THEN missed.

Dabo is in full "now we mean business" mode for the 2nd half of the season. I think the players will respond to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Potter looked like he was sitting there...

Oct 13, 2019, 9:08 AM

...playing cards with his buddies

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 14 year old daughter said

Oct 13, 2019, 9:13 AM

"we just need to get a player to aim him." That was the funniest, and most true, analysis I've heard. His aim has been terrible all year. I don't know how many XPs he nearly missed. Dude has video game ratting of a 99 power leg with 60 aim.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:18 AM

We were wondering too. Seemed like an over reaction but based on Dabo’s windshield mentality, I have to believe there was something more
to it. We don’t see practice or pay attention to sideline behavior usually so perhaps that is where the answer lies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 9:57 AM

Not a bit, may be more to it than just that missed kick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's already missed more than he should the whole season

Oct 13, 2019, 10:11 AM

and we don't even attempt many field goals.

Oct 13, 2019, 10:13 AM

Not at all. You simply can't miss those kicks. Like somebody said, a kicker has like 2 jobs. I was proud to see Dabo get fired up like that again. Reminds me of the team from last year!

Oct 13, 2019, 11:46 AM

Are any of you the least bit qualified to question or criticize Dabo's coaching? Some of you people just need something to complain about. Relax. Dabo knows what he is doing. Publicly, you only see and hear about 10% of everything that is going on, with practice, meetings, class, pre-game, in game, you name it. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Oh and by the way, Potter was dancing right behind Dabo in the Locker room celebration video. They are fine and they will be fine.

Oct 13, 2019, 12:18 PM

A short yardage kick w/ no pressure(due to the score), should not a be problem. 2nd(maybe 3rd)miss inside 30 yds this season.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic