Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when KB2 quit bc he lost the starting job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Remember when KB2 quit bc he lost the starting job

Nov 1, 2020, 11:45 AM

Old news and people are probably tired of talking about it but still surreal to think about someone just straight up quitting bc they got beat out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when KB2 quit bc he lost the starting job

Nov 1, 2020, 11:47 AM

Happens all the time w the portal

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quitters rarely win

Nov 1, 2020, 11:52 AM

where is he today??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Quitters rarely win

Nov 1, 2020, 11:54 AM

Not sure. I was thinking over Trevors path to today. Has been fairly strange but to think that he could have easily won every game in his college career and 3 national titles. Would have gone down as the greatest college player ever without a doubt.

Re: Quitters rarely win

Nov 1, 2020, 2:10 PM

Quiters never win and winners never quit. Those who won't quit and don't win are called coots.

geez, let it go already!***

Nov 1, 2020, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: geez, let it go already!

Nov 1, 2020, 12:02 PM

best thing that ever happened for all. If he had stayed coaches would have tried to find ways to use an unhappy player and it would have not been helpful to the team or either qb. KB got a fresh start. TL got more pt. And the team in spite of loving KB didnt miss a beat. A shame it happened but it worked out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never heard of her...

Nov 1, 2020, 12:06 PM

???????

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Nov 1, 2020, 1:47 PM

Nov 1, 2020, 2:01 PM

It’s not exactly like he quit simply because he was upset. Although I’m not saying he wasn’t upset at the time because he certainly seemed to be. It was either never play another game for Clemson again or have his college career be over if he played in another game. He decided to take his chances on being a starter somewhere else, and we won a NC.

I honestly don’t know if we would have won the title if he stayed. Him being there wouldn’t been a potential distraction, and also would’ve meant less game and practice reps for Lawrence.

If he had stayed...

Nov 1, 2020, 2:28 PM

He would have gone in against Syracuse and there would have been a QB controversy the rest of the year. Dabo would have continued to let them share time and Trevor would have never gotten the reps he needed.

He was starting college QB material, just not behind Trevor. His decision was the best for him and for Clemson. I wish him the best.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 3:48 PM

Are we comparing the situation between KB and TL
or we talking about TL and DJ?

I don't fault Kelly B. for doing what he did-he felt it was best for him.

I honestly don't think the thought would even cross the mind of TL16, if he was told that DJ was taking over for the rest of the season.

I also don't see DJ taking over the rest of the season unless TL16 was hurt.
As state several times- I do not make as much as the Clemson coaching staff- so I do not have to worry about the problem-if there was one.

Nov 1, 2020, 7:57 PM

Lots of people quit a job when they figure out it's not for them and/or they believe they would have a better opportunity somewhere else. Most of us have quit a job, a girl, a town, a friend or organization at some point in our lives. That's all KB did.

He left us in a pouty mood that made him look bad which was unfortunate. But Dabo has said repeatedly, "I love Kelly Bryant." So I'm good with KB. I hope he comes back into our community at some point. He was the QB of record for my Tigers in a year we made the CFP. So I'm OK with him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 8:22 PM

His shortcomings cost us the game against Bama in 2017 and made a few of the games that season MUCH closer than they should have been considering the disparity of talent. If Deshaun had come back in 2017 we in the national championship again EASILY.

He never even beat out Nick Schuessler as Deshaun’s backup. He was the starter as a junior because we didn’t have anyone else who was ready to play.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 8:39 PM

His shortcomings cost us the game against Bama in 2017 and made a few of the games that season MUCH closer than they should have been considering the disparity of talent. If Deshaun had come back in 2017 we in the national championship again EASILY.

He never even beat out Nick Schuessler as Deshaun’s backup. He was the starter as a junior because we didn’t have anyone else who was ready to play.

'Bama was playing lights out that night so not sure you can blame the game ENTIRELY on KB2.

I do agree though that we would have had a great shot at repeating if DW4 came back - his poise and skill would have at least made a game against 'Bama.

We did have a YOUNG team on offense though. Notable Offensive freshman: ETN, Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers

True, Ray Ray McCloud & Deon Cain were supposed to be the go-to guys but imo we lacked a true #1 receiver - they showed flashes but I never felt like anyone really separated from the pack in memory.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mutinous behavior prior to leaving > his Quitting

Nov 1, 2020, 9:08 PM

Blessing he left along w/ the toxic atmosphere-

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic