Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Must beat coots this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,160

Must beat coots this year.

Oct 7, 2012, 10:22 PM

IMHO, After being around some coots all week, and having to listen to them talk about the game, I have realized the USuC is now starting to consider the Georgia game bigger/more important that ours, if they dont already. If we dont make some changes, we will be starting at 4 in a row, and become irrelevant in the eyes of the coots. Flame away if you wish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Must beat coots this year.

Oct 7, 2012, 10:37 PM

For them it is, just like FSU is a bigger game for Clemson. Conference games for teams competing for conference titles are bigger games. That is today's college football

Oct 8, 2012, 6:04 AM

I think Clemson will also have a special significance regardless of conference affiliations. UGA is becoming a big one though.

Oct 7, 2012, 10:39 PM

Yes, we absolutely need to beat them, and nothing would please me more. But my dislike of them doesn't blind me to the fact that have a tremendous team. They may very well come into Death Valley undefeated, and I wouldn't bet against them if they were playing Alabama. Barring some miracle on our defense and in the trenches in general, I just don't see how we beat this team. But anyghing's possible. We can hope.

Are we even relevant to them?

Oct 7, 2012, 10:48 PM

To tell you the truth, we may be already completely irrelevant to them. Let's face it, they are focused on legit SEC teams week in and week out, while we play the noon ACC game, and they have owned us the past few years. This year is not looking good either. If our D does not improve, we pose less of a threat to them as Wofford. Just look at the matchups the past few year.

Oct 7, 2012, 10:43 PM

Our game with them will always be huge but we have to win. If we lose this year, I would tell Dabo no more or find yourself another job. Four in a row is ridiculous, five would be indefensivable.

I do think it is important to note USuC has been fortunate with some traditional SEC powers being down for 3-4 years, two change making players in the state who were huge gamecrotch fans,TWO HofF coaches back to back and they are just now becoming relevant nationally or even regionally.

Jack will never beat Tanner or win a national championship and I just can't deal with our football program getting hammered another year although it looks likely at this stage. This crappy conference is making everyone live with a false sense of accomplishment and our players lacking the development they need to compete against the best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2012, 10:48 PM

Well,it's for sure Jack won't ever beat Tanner now unless he could talk Ray into an arm wrestling contest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner would have to ask his daddy, Spurlid first

Oct 7, 2012, 10:54 PM

We know you coots sold your souls to the devil when you hired that JERK.

And you are PATHETIC to be on a CLEMSON site the day after a big win for your team. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tanner would have to ask his daddy, Spurlid first

Oct 7, 2012, 11:12 PM

I read this site every day so I can hold my end up on your team with CU buddy at work.

Oct 8, 2012, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Must beat coots this year. ]

We always want to beat USCe because they are our in-state rival. I live in a town where the coot fans outnumber us by a wide margin, and I get tired of hearing them crow, like everyone else. However, the focus of our football team should be to win ALL games, whether it be Wake Forest, or FSU. This year, South Carolina is winning, and has a good team. They are a much bigger challenge than is some years, but in the national picture, winning that game is no more important than any other. If they come in undefeated (very unlikely), it will become huge for our program because of the rankings, not because they are our rival. We need to win, but this game is no more important to our football goals than any game against a ranked team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmm.........member since........

Oct 7, 2012, 10:50 PM

today.

not to overstate the obvious, but..........

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is always relevant to coots. That's Y they r here

Oct 7, 2012, 10:51 PM

in droves today.

Why else would so many coots be on this site the day after their big win. We matter to them. They are jealous of us.

Then they should have been irrelevant a long time ago

Oct 7, 2012, 10:56 PM

As I said earlier today:

I am a lifelong follower of Clemson football and I have seen three senior classes graduate having never lost to SCar. 1988-1991, 1997-2000, 2002-2005. It wasn't until two years ago that they beat us twice in a row for the first time in my life. If they win this year then congrats on finally having a senior class go unbeaten against us, we are used to it!

Exposure

Oct 7, 2012, 11:03 PM

If they keep it up, they're going to continue the further chances to embarass as they keep getting increase national exposure, national championship talk, etc. Not to mention a chance to embarass us not only on the field, but off of it as well, re: as the "Sammy Potkins" sign and the Dabo speed limit sign. One national pundit said today Clemson will never beat USuC again as long as Spurrier is there, especially with Dabo as coach. Time will tell, but changes may have to be made.

Re: Exposure

Oct 7, 2012, 11:07 PM

i smell a coot

yep, think he has been exposed***

Oct 7, 2012, 11:16 PM

That's bull

Oct 7, 2012, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Exposure ]

I will take Chad Morris' offensive mind over Steve Spurrier's. The Scar defense is what has made Spurrier not look 'washed up' for the past three years. Their offense is good, but not as good as ours. The only reason they might be a little better than us right now is because they have out recruited us on the defensive side of the ball. It goes in cycles, we got Bowers when he was a five star player and they beat us out on five star Clowney.

what national pundit was that***

Oct 7, 2012, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Exposure ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what national pundit was that***

Oct 7, 2012, 11:27 PM

Kirk Herbstreit. He's been gushing over the coots all weekend. ESPN's lovefest may have turned from Bama to Carolina over the weekend.

Incredibly slimy selecting this handle

Oct 7, 2012, 11:32 PM

and pretending to be a Clemson fan.

usuck fans are classless

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard to believe kirk is that stupid

Oct 7, 2012, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: what national pundit was that*** ]

NEVER?

Re: hard to believe kirk is that stupid

Oct 7, 2012, 11:41 PM

Also practically said he'd never see an environment like that before... Can't wait to go into work and get hounded by the coots..

practically said it

Oct 7, 2012, 11:45 PM

awesome

Oct 7, 2012, 11:55 PM

You need to worry about the beat down over rated LSU is about to put on your team! Coots will have less than 100 yards of total offense and MAYBE 6 points.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,160
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic