Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson assistant coaches get raises
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson assistant coaches get raises

Jul 1, 2014, 4:04 PM

Clemson assistant coaches get raises

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scott

Jul 1, 2014, 4:12 PM

I think it's weird we're not paying Scott more. It seems like the "sales guy" always gets paid better than the bottom. He's the one bringing in the talent, right?

It would seem that the recruiting coordinator would

Jul 1, 2014, 4:16 PM

not be near the bottom as far as salary is concerned, but I have no idea how that works.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Scott

Jul 1, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Scott ]

Completely agree, I would have thought that the recruiting coordinator duties would add to his value significantly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2014, 4:52 PM

Why would anyone on this site or any other site for
that matter,gripe about a coach that makes 265k/yr.?
I will bet not many,if any, on here, make that kind of
money.Get real,Jeff is well compensated.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2014, 7:08 PM

I didn't take it as anyone complaining about Scott's salary.

I took it as more of a comparison, given the fact that his recruiting expertise has brought in a lot of great talent.

I tend to agree that on the surface, in comparison to the other coaches he seems "underpaid"...if that word even belongs in the conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Scott ]

Why would someone complain about someone complaining about someone making buckets of money? It's not right. So now I'm complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining about......

Jul 1, 2014, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Scott ]

agree, maybe he is taking one for the team so we can pay morris, or Venables. Who knows? Usually the recruiting coordinator is one of the top paid assistants.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, and maybe a youth/experience thing (relative

Jul 1, 2014, 4:23 PM

to the other assistants). I can't imaging him staying at or being satisfied with that level for much longer though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe, and maybe a youth/experience thing (relative

Jul 1, 2014, 4:25 PM

well, he hardly grew up poor. At least there is plenty of room to maneuver if someone else comes calling. And one would think when that starts to happen, his salary will match the demand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed***

Jul 1, 2014, 4:31 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Indeed***

Jul 1, 2014, 7:02 PM

Well I would bet that when they go out to lunch, or order pizza or what ever. Jeff don't pay a nickle and lets them know that they make all the money;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe, and maybe a youth/experience thing (relative

Jul 1, 2014, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Maybe, and maybe a youth/experience thing (relative ]

He was a HS coach 7 yrs ago... an assistant at Newberry or Presbyterian and a grad assitant his fist year at Clemson... 7 or 8 years out of college 275K sound pretty good.
He is waiting for Morris to grep the gold ring and be a head coach.... he is in line to get a shot at OC or a significant raise at that point. He has lived in Clemson for all but 2 or 3 years of the last 16... he might not ever leave unless it is an OC or a HC position.

Jul 1, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Scott ]

While I was thinking the same thing, he isn't exactly struggling on 275. Given the high salaries at for the coordinators, I wonder how the rest of the staff compares with averages at big five conference programs. Also, specifically re Scott, how many years has he been coaching?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throw out age & experience and pay him for job performance!

Jul 1, 2014, 4:30 PM

Based on other salaries, Jeff is underpaid, and we sure as heck better not lose him......Get it right Dabo!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeff? Is that you?***

Jul 1, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Scott ]

How the heck does Pearman make more than Scott

Jul 1, 2014, 4:30 PM

Our laziest recruiter and TE coach makes more than our recruiting coordinator and WR coach? Ridiculous.

Ding ding ding - we have a winner***

Jul 1, 2014, 4:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How the heck does Pearman make more than Scott

Jul 1, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to How the heck does Pearman make more than Scott ]

Probably needs lots of gas money for covering the Charlotte area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I'll be completely honest...

Jul 1, 2014, 11:05 PM

I didn't read a dayum one of y'alls comments...BUT when I read at the end of the article that THE CHAD, Chad Morris didn't get a raise because he's already the highest paid coordinator...i loved it it & laughed my a$$ off!!!!!!
Love some Clemson Football!!!!

P.S. I'm hurtin for our boys on the soccer pitch :(

How will they ever survive on that? lol lol***

Jul 1, 2014, 4:43 PM

Must be tough!***

Jul 1, 2014, 4:56 PM

- H. L. Mencken

only if they're fool enough to read tnet!***

Jul 1, 2014, 8:15 PM

Re: How will they ever survive on that? lol lol***

Jul 1, 2014, 7:24 PM [ in reply to How will they ever survive on that? lol lol*** ]

When you make the much money, you're expected to keep up with the Joneses in terms of house, car, lifestyle, etc. Obviously you don't have to, but then again, what's the point if not?

Just like people who only make 20k a year wonder what they would do with "all that extra money" if they could make the 40-100k a year that many folks on this board do.

I make almost twice as much as I did right out of college a little over 3 years ago but I'm not exactly blowing up my 401k with contributions, eating at 5 star restaurants or buying vacation houses. When you're kicking it with ACC Head Coaches and current/former NFL players, I would bet 265 doesn't seem like that much money.

Kirby Smart is the highest payed

Jul 1, 2014, 4:59 PM

Scott should get way more than that!!!

Re: FB Update: Clemson assistant coaches get raises

Jul 1, 2014, 5:05 PM

No mention of Batson???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2014, 5:37 PM

They are all extremely well paid. They chose the right profession as that is currently what the market is. It is also why your IPTAY dues just went up and you pay $6 for a coke at the games. The cost of going to games will eventually burst this bubble. Simple economics.

Yep. Unfortunately this will eventually coming crashing down

Jul 1, 2014, 6:33 PM

The goose that laid the golden egg

Jul 1, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson assistant coaches get raises ]

Scott is compensated fairly. While I'm thrilled he does a phenomenal job as recruiting coordinator, I'm less impressed with his job as wr coach. Nuk Hopkins, Sammy Watkins , Jaron Brown and others will make any wr coach look very good. Remember 2007-2010, the wr corps was pedestrian!

I guess if you're the best already

Jul 1, 2014, 6:07 PM

You just get table scraps...

Geez. Hope The Chad is okay with that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a bigger issue here

Jul 1, 2014, 6:57 PM

Let's pause to realize like in any work place it is not your business to know how much people are making. It saddens me that these guys might already know who makes how much simply because of media outlets releasing this type of information.

Let's also ponder the thought that even Dabo shouldn't know how much his staff makes because I would imagine the AD signs everyone's checks and distributes earnings. I am only a lowly Assistant of an Assistant at my place of work but this is the proper way to do things. It's a RESPECT thing.

Dabo takes care of his coaches and I would imagine everyone ATM is happy with what they've got. With that I'll see myself out...

Re: There's a bigger issue here

Jul 1, 2014, 7:18 PM

Uh...you do know that this is public record right ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

government employees

Jul 1, 2014, 7:38 PM [ in reply to There's a bigger issue here ]

I make a LOT less than any of the coaches at Clemson and my salary is published in the newspaper every so often because I'm an employee of a local government. Even though IPTAY is the fund-raising arm of Clemson athletics, the employees of the university (including athletics) are subject to FOIA requests. Their cell phones, emails, correspondence, and anything else that touches their employment belongs to the public. They understand that when they take the job.

Now, if Clemson was a private university, all that would change. With the amount of money the taxpayers contributes to the university, it might not be a bad thing to go private.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 12:43 AM

Scott needs a raise. He will be swept away if we are not careful

Dang, those guys get paid!

Jul 2, 2014, 1:05 AM

I'm in the wrong business

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic