Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Music City Bowl Announces Economic Impact Numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Feb 16, 2010, 10:32 PM

Music City Bowl representatives announced today that the 2009 Bowl game between the University of Kentucky and Clemson University produced a $12.6 million impact on the local economy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well... i'm no math guy, but those numbers say that this

Feb 16, 2010, 11:13 PM

bowl is getting worse and worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: well... i'm no math guy, but those numbers say that this

Feb 16, 2010, 11:25 PM

one of the reasons why a play-off system would benefit us. Not saying it is right, but I understand why this went in front of Congress.

More games=more revenue.

Personally I enjoy the bowl system, but lately it has been gobbled up by corporate sponsorship. I think a change is needed.

The local economy may have not entirely benefited in Nashville, but somebody got rich, that I can assure you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 reasons

Feb 17, 2010, 10:59 AM [ in reply to well... i'm no math guy, but those numbers say that this ]

UK has been there 3 out of 4 years and was one of those teams that has a decent close by following that was just excited to go bowling, but after 4 straight bowl games Nashville is no longer a hot ticket.

Both times Clemson has been it's due to a late season fade where we felt like we were given a bowl beneath us, due to various circumstances (B Bowden's last game, GT was taken as ACC-CG loser 2 years ago, we were just in the Champs Bowl). See UNC in Charlotte for more of the same.

Bottom line is we needed better bowl tie ins. Losing the Gator for the Sun was not a step in the right direction. It would help if the conf. image would improve and if we could ever get a 2nd BCS bid.

Uninteresting match-up in a bad economy. Even I barely cared***

Feb 17, 2010, 12:33 PM [ in reply to well... i'm no math guy, but those numbers say that this ]

Re: Music City Bowl Announces Economic Impact Numbers

Feb 17, 2010, 1:47 PM

It's just a sign of the times. The economy is taking it's toll on everybody.....even those of us who have been fortunate enough to regularly attend bowl games in the past. I seriously doubt the decrease in economic impact surprised anyone. Don't think it had anything to do with the teams playing....all-in-all a pretty good matchup I thought (us having the upper-hand of course)!

My wife and I went and enjoyed it. Nashville is a cool city***

Feb 18, 2010, 8:29 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic