Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Muschamp was I believe a good recruiter at UF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Muschamp was I believe a good recruiter at UF

Aug 28, 2016, 7:08 AM

and is doing a good job @ SC, especially after the season they had. But unless his failure at UF was something as simple as a poor OC hire, I don't see SC getting past 8 wins a year consistently.
When Spurrier did it , Dabo was just beginning to turns things around, UT, UF, and to a lesser extent UGA were all down. Even UNC was easier to recruit against 5 years ago.
I don't see Muschamp being good enough to break .500 vs any of those 4 teams (although UT and UGA haven't shown anything yet). It seems like the ceiling for Muschamp would be an occasional 9 win season (like Bowden). With the possibility he never gets better than 7-5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is their current OC and what's the scoop?

Aug 28, 2016, 7:20 AM

That might be the only thing that really holds them back from becoming mediocre one day.

I kid you not, Muschamp hired the same OC

Aug 28, 2016, 7:29 AM

He had at Florida. That's why I've got my popcorn ready for that dumpster fire

Re: I kid you not, Muschamp hired the same OC

Aug 28, 2016, 7:45 AM

He was only the OC for the last season at Florida. It was the first two hires that killed him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Do you feel good about him?*****

Aug 28, 2016, 7:54 AM

Re: Do you feel good about him?*****

Aug 28, 2016, 7:58 AM

I don't know how the Roper hire will work out.

I'm just saying the "he hired his failed OC at Florida" is disingenuous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understood. I was beiing serious and wondering...

Aug 28, 2016, 8:06 AM

what you thought about the hire. I don't anything about him.

Re: I understood. I was beiing serious and wondering...

Aug 28, 2016, 8:32 AM

As a Grad of both universities I stay away from the fringe on both sides and deal mainly with sensible friends and family who see and appreciate both sides.

I would say the hire was met with much disappointment, anger, and frustration. People wanted a bigger name and someone who could carry on the success from the 11 win seasons, 5 in a row, and the best run in program history. People wanted something to go with that and as many here point out, Great run with no hardware. People didn't want a failed coach that nobody wanted.

Over time Muschamp has been able to get people believing. He came right out and addressed his offensive failures and people believe nobody will out work him. His recruiting is proven. Travaris Robinson (Au) and Brian Mc (UGA) were 2 of the last 3 recruiters of the year, Muschamp won that award as well. 1 staff with 3 of the last 5 recruiters of the year has to work well for something.

Clemson is much farther ahead in recruiting due to the stability of the staff and Dabo's leadership. Clemson is now sitting guys who would start for most other programs. Clemson fans need to actually think about how far they have come. Some of the things that are going on are contrary to what many Tiger fans said 5-10 years ago. Clemson was not a national program and hasnt been maybe ever. That has all changed. When you redshirt or sit guys who would start across the country you have arrived. There are only a handful of teams in that category and what a place to be!!

USCs only hope is to find coaches who can get the most out of less talent and have the few big names they may sign turn out to be great. TCU is a great example. Always lacking in high ranked prospects yet still playing with and beating the big boys. That is what the other state program must hope for.

Hopefully the experiment works out and the head to head state championship can be a competitive game for fans everywhere.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understood. I was beiing serious and wondering...

Aug 28, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to I understood. I was beiing serious and wondering... ]

The people who have worked with Kurt Roper have all said he is a genius when it comes to understanding football.

But who knows, he hasn't been in charge of an offense long enough to really show whether or not he's deserving of the praise.

Muschamp seems to really believe he would still be at Florida if he had hired Roper from the beginning. But we obviously lack talent at the skill positions so I'm not expecting a lot this year.

Re: Do you feel good about him?*****

Aug 28, 2016, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you feel good about him?***** ]

https://youtu.be/kcAsDL-YnsI

We feel good about him. ??????????

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had there been improvement that last year,

Aug 28, 2016, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I kid you not, Muschamp hired the same OC ]

He wouldn't have been fired. Roper's just a coat tail rider(fits in great with y'all), the offense at Duke was run by Cutcliff.

Aug 28, 2016, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I kid you not, Muschamp hired the same OC ]

Was that the last season where they blocked one another during a loss at home to Georgia Southern ?

That last season was it ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 28, 2016, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I kid you not, Muschamp hired the same OC ]

I am all for propping up a worn out couch after it is relocated ...giving it that newer locale and levelling her off sometimes goves us the idea that it's lile brand new , that it's different than when it was over there , all busted up and crooked .

Then sometimes that busted , useless old couch is better off out on the curb .
In my opinion , Coot U walked by the Auburn curb located across the street from the UF house ...and grabbed themselves a busted old crooked couch .

Hope they sprayed for bedbugs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Wow...pretty interesting. I support that hire.*****

Aug 28, 2016, 7:52 AM [ in reply to I kid you not, Muschamp hired the same OC ]

Remember 2 things ,well,maybe three.

Aug 28, 2016, 7:28 AM

There will be 2-4 DeCootments and there'll also be another 2-4 that sign on NSD that won't make it into school in August. Then ,being it's USuC, another 2-4 of those that stay committed and make it into school will not be around for their sophomore season. Their recruitment doesn't concern anyone.

A double yep on that!***

Aug 28, 2016, 8:20 AM

Re: Muschamp must have had great scrimmages at UF

Aug 28, 2016, 8:33 AM

wasnt he the one who had two of their players blocking each other

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muschamp must have had great scrimmages at UF

Aug 28, 2016, 9:41 AM

Here it is. Cusschamp own it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcAsDL-YnsI

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aww come on that player was just color blind and couldn't read***

Aug 28, 2016, 9:45 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic